cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@CynthieLu What a great idea! What kind of air fryer do you have? We have an actifry but I want to buy a bigger one with 2 drawers. How did they taste? I love celebration cookies.

They taste pretty good ‌🙂@Mellmars1185 

I love Celebration Cookies too, not for this recipe but I tried the dark chocolate mint ones recently and ooooh they were fabulous *yum*

We have a Combi Wave 3 in 1, it seems so big but as an Air Fryer it just uses that dish we have the smores in. So not a huge amount of space.

A whole box of Annie's Bunnies to myself 🐰🥰

20230222_184834.jpg

Yum 😋!!! This is masking me huuuungry @Mellmars1185. Mac & cheese is delicious! I haven’t had it in such a long time; may have to have a comfort food night soon. 

@itsfi If you do let me know how it goes! What is your ideal comfort food? I also ate a piece of ice cream cake after eating the whole bowl of Annie's! 🍦 🎂 😋

Mmmm, ice cream cake!! Yum! What flavor was the ice cream, @Mellmars1185🍦

Hmmm, my favorite comfort food would probably be ice cream. Followed by potatoes. At one point, my favorite "meal" consisted of a salad, french fries and a milkshake. Nom, nom, nom. Not to say that I don't still 'splurge' on that but it doesn't happen as often as it used to - maybe once a year now instead of once every other month. 🤣

@itsfi The ice cream cake was Cookie Dough from Baskin Robbins. I love their ice cream cakes🎂. That sounds like a wonderful combination. Have you ever tried dipping your fries 🍟 in the milkshake 😋?

My sons girlfriend brought me a piece of cake. It warmed my heart. 

I love Annie’s! It’s one of the better tasting boxed Mac and Cheese options out there. Bon appétit @Mellmars1185!

@JoSometimes Thank you! I add a dash of kosher salt on top. I feel like it is gourmet 😋

Enjoy your no fuss and relaxing dinner 🍲 💛 @Mellmars1185 

@Mellmars1185 awww, they're so cute!

A good day for you @Mellmars1185 !

@Ispend2much6 For sure! I am used to cooking for others needs and wants (which i don't mind). But sometimes it is nice to fill my cup 😊

I've been spending parts of my weekend testing out recipes for a dinner party next month. Mushroom risotto was on the menu for today. I added some sriracha to my bowl because I love sriracha. 😋 

2.20.2023 Mushroom Risotto.jpg

To keep with the mushroom theme, I made myself a Blume Reishi Hot Cacao, iced, with almond milk, and following @heartsmyface's recommendation, added a splash of maraschino cherry juice for a little something extra. Jury's still out on whether the mushroom risotto will make the dinner party menu, but I'll keep making myself these Blume drinks. 

@itsfi If you need a "professional" taste tester to help out, I'm more than happy to offer my services 😄 

Come on over @Samtian! 😃 You’re welcome anytime! 

Ooh Risotto is so good @itsfi. Yummy Sriracha 🌶  too!

Oooh If it didn't make the cut for dinner, what are you thinking of taking it's place? 

@CynthieLu, thank you! 😃 Thai curry. Lol. But then there’s the whole spice level to factor in, as I’m thinking about it now. 😱 It’s looking more like risotto is going to be the winner. That would be fine by me, just need to add a little more seasoning / herbs to it. 

Ooh both those dishes are so tasty, but yes Thai has a whole bunch more spices and spice level than a good palette friendly risotto. I bet you thou, it'll will be scrumptious, which ever you choose @itsfi guaranteed!

@itsfi Ohh sounds tasty. It sounds like a lot of thought and love is going into your dinner party! 🍽

Thank you @Mellmars1185! 😊 I have a couple folks with allergies and dietary restrictions to keep in mind. Need to come up with a vegan friendly “main” - I’m thinking grilled tofu but I’ll have to try it out and see how it pairs with the mushroom risotto. And how to season / marinate it.

10,829 Replies
testing