cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

It’s been a while since I’ve made some @itsfi. Seeing it on TV made me want to make some. 😋

Sounds like such a simple recipe for a gourmet looking dish @JoSometimes 

@AznAngelLiz In my head, I thought there would be a ton of prep, but it was actually so quick to make! 

I know some people use vacuum sealers to help marinades sink into protein within minutes, so this could easily be done day of instead of overnight. 

@JoSometimes That looks and sounds delicious. Your marinade sounds so tasty. I like the use of lettuce as a wrap! Thank you for sharing 😍

I’ve been watching too much Korean content lately and it made me want some Korean food too @Mellmars1185.

@JoSometimes Is there such thing as too much? Hehe i watch a lot of food shows. I am definitely a foodie and like to try new things. Right now, I need some inspiration.

@Mellmars1185When Covid first hit and shut everything down, I EXHAUST the food network’s programming. I’ve always loved cooking, but I learned a lot of tricks that have helped me improve my cooking.

Kicking off March Madness with a taco braid

FB_IMG_1679004921479.jpg

@CorgiMommy ,

This looks so interesting!  Especially since it has Taco in the name!

Tacos are my favorite!! @CorgiMommy 

Oh yes! I want this please 🙏 😁

Hey for the link you posted below, I think we're not supposed to link anything that's not Sephora, outside pages etc.. I think you can put everything and just ask the person to add the www before and it won't be an official link of you know what I mean @CorgiMommy 

@CynthieLu I took care of it.

@CorgiMommy wow, I bet that tastes amazing!  What all do you put in it?

I treat it like a taco .  I serve it with lettuce, tomato, and avocado.

Ohhh that looks deliciously cheesy @CorgiMommy @Recipe please if you’re willing to share. 

www dot 365 days of baking and more dot com back slash taco dash braid

That looks so good @CorgiMommy! I’d devour that in an instant. 

@CorgiMommy Mmm that looks absolutely delicious. 

Yuuuuummm @CorgiMommy! Warm, melted, gooey cheese atop warm bread?!! So comforting and so tasty! 😋 

It’s been a minute since I posted in this thread but it popped up last night so I thought I’d share what’s on my plate today. 

Sticky rice with Chinese sausage and fried shrimp. Topped with fried scallions and garlic bits, and also fresh scallions. 

376DBE62-08A6-457A-8179-01903AD16052.jpeg

My parents used to make this. Sometimes they put pate on the sticky rice then everything else on top 😘 @AznAngelLiz 

10,713 Replies
testing