cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Thanks!  Very good and pretty easy! The asparagus in the wraps was a really nice addition! @CookieGirl1 

For my birthday last weekend I made a lemon blackberry cake. It was delicious. I messed up the butter so it was denser, and that ended up being a-ok. The frosting though 🤤

Birthday Cake.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday, @Samtian !

Your cake looks and sounds delicious! 

@tsavorite Thank you!!

I hope your birthday was a wonderful one, @Samtian! Blackberry and lemon sounds like such a yummy combo. 

@quspork Thank you! It was delicious! 

Yum yum 😋 Happy Birthday belated @Samtian 🌹

@blackkitty2014 Thank you!

@Samtian A cake with fresh fruit is delicious! Happy Birthday! 🎂 🍋 

@Mellmars1185 Thank you!!

That looks delicious @Samtian! Lemon and blackberry make a yummy combination! 😋 I'd say send over the leftovers to us but there's probably none. Hope you had a fabulous birthday! 🎂

@itsfi Thank you! Yep none left lol though I'd love to make it again and not mess up the butter. 

Happy late birthday, @Samtian!  Lemon and blackberry pair so well together.

@CookieGirl1 Thank you!! Yes they do 😋

Yum! Looks delicious. Happy belated birthday! @Samtian 

@sister13 Thank you!! I liked it!

Lemon and blueberry sounds like a delicious combo. And happy belated birthday to you @Samtian!

@JoSometimes Thank you! Blueberry was the original berry in the recipe but I was craving blackberries lol. Maybe I'll try blueberry next time. 

So sorry @Samtian I completely mis-read that. Blackberries are great too!

IMG_2398.jpeg

Inspired by @sister13’s spam musubi from a while back. Chinese spam, Thai rice, Korean seaweed, Indonesian sweet soy sauce, and Japanese chilli powder were used to make this Hawaiian dish. It was a tour of the pacific rim! And then I washed it down with German beer. 😆

I didn’t have a press, so I tried to flatten the rice on a chopping board and used the spam can itself as a cookie cutter. It kind of worked but I think I really need to compress the rice better next time. Maybe a rolling pin or glass bottle.

A tour of the Pacific Rim is a fun theme for your spam musubi @JoSometimes. And with a little European flair with the beer! 🍺 I first learned of Indonesian soy sauce when I was in school - a nice throwback memory for me. 

10,713 Replies
testing