cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

1 box, 1 serving, or close enough I fail to see problem here 😉 It's smaller than your head so you are technically under the radar.

Enjoy them for me, I can't eat wheat anymore and of everything, those are one odd thing of a handful that I miss occasionally. 

@ Mimibel, that midnight snack sounds good enough to be a snack whenever!!!!! Mmmm!

What flavor???

Strawberry poptart. Ooooh the flavor of childhood and nostalgia.....

Heckkkk yes!!!! Frosting/sprinkles and all!

I had an everything bagel that was the "skinny"/thin bagels with cream cheese and green and peach tea.

For lunch it's left over homemade chicken noodle soup and left over crab cakes eggs benedict from a local diner!

Not 100% sure on what I'm doing for dinner, but maybe steaming up some pork spare ribs.

Chicken noodle soup.....it is cold and rainy in OH.  I have chicken noodle soup on the stove right now. Mmmmmmm,mm

We're both on the same page! I made a giant pot two nights ago but now it's all gone 😞

One of my girlfriends is stopping by my house tomorrow to pick up a container for her family.  She has been texting me all day excited about the soup.

image.jpg@ The Adolphus Bistro in Dallas yesterday. It was rainy and I was still sleepy from the concert Sunday night so just hungry enough for a snack and a sweet. I don't eat many desserts (except fresh fruit and cream) very often but once in a while I crave a nice, decadent something. My fiancé said the Steak Diane was good. 🙂

Potstickers with Cilantro infused sauce

Vanilla Crème Brûlée ( lots of vanilla seeds, really yummy)

Earl Grey

Salad with candied walnuts, tomatoes and light vinaigrette dressing.

❤️ Melissa

woah what? crab cakes egg benedict? That sounds awesome!

It came topped on an english muffin with home fries.....yummmm!

made some quinoa tabouli tonight. so yummy!

Share share share the recipe!!!!  *totally has quinoa at home*

For some strange reason I've been addicted to carrot juice and has been buying a large bottle every time I go grocery shopping. I've also found a way to combine healthy and delicious. Boiled oats + chia seeds, then when it cools combine with ice cream. Oats milkshake? yummy

Haven't had time to really cook, so I've been boiling frozen dumplings in water + tomato and top it off with a bit of cilantro. Or spring mix salad + sunnyside up eggs.

Oooo, the oats and chia with ice cream sounds super hearty! Yum!!!

To celebrate National Taco Day!  I made fresh Pico & Corn Salsa for our chicken tacos.  I even roasted the corn on my grill pan before I made up the salsa.

Corn salsaaaaaaaa mmmmmmmm!!!! Those look super delish!

I love some corn salsa!!!!!

I need help BBFs!!!! 

I impulsively purchased fresh cranberry beans from the market the other day. I thought they were some type of green bean. I should have Google Machined it before I purchased them....

I'm not the biggest fan of beans, texture is usually my issue. So anyone have any idea what to do with these silly red & white things? I'll take anything as long as it tastes good; instant pickled, a spread to put on pita, a salad... as long as the bean texture isn't there. 

Since you mention pita, I found some quick recipes online for cranberry bean hummus!

Cranberry Bean Hummus (from The Parsley Thief)

Adapted {quite generously} from The British Larder
Makes about 2 cups

4 ounces shelled fresh cranberry beans
1/4 onion, peeled
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon kosher salt {divided}
1 large zucchini {about 9 ounces}
2 {heaping} tablespoons tahini {sesame paste}
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil {plus more zucchini & garnish}
freshly ground black pepper
1 small clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon sumac {divided}
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

Place the cranberry beans, onion, bay leaf & 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water & bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer & cook for about 20 minutes, or until the beans are tender; transfer to a bowl of ice water & set aside.
While the beans are cooking, slice the zucchini into long, fat strips. Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, over medium heat. Add the zucchini {in batches, if necessary} & saute until tender & lightly brown. Set aside.
Transfer the cooled beans & zucchini to the bowl of a food processor. Add the tahini, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, freshly ground black pepper {to taste}, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon sumac & lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Check for seasoning & adjust as necessary.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil & the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of sumac. Serve with toasted pita bread triangles.

FRESH CRANBERRY BEAN HUMMUS WITH CHERVIL (from Getting Lost in the Woods post on The Year in Food)

1.5 pounds cranberry beans (pre-shelled weight)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons tahini
1 lemon, juiced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chervil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Garnish: carrot sticks, pita bread, tortilla chips

First, shell the beans. Place beans in a medium-sized pot and fill with water about two inches over the beans. Do not salt the water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook for 20-30 minutes, until beans are tender. Remove from heat and drain beans. (Reserve a little of the water if you’d like a thinner hummus.)

Using a handheld blender or food processor, combine beans with olive oil, lemon juice, tahini and minced garlic. Blend to desired consistency. Add salt to taste.

Spoon hummus into a serving bowl. Drizzle olive oil over hummus. Garnish with fresh chervil and cracked black pepper.

8 Replies
testing