cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

The stellar pizza of the night was Prociutto, spinach, mushroom, and asparagus!

I also have some of the leftovers for lunch today....my stomach can't wait!

Thank you again for the recipe!

My dad has made a request for that pizza now. 🙂

Totally having another pizza night this week! My friends are coming over and it's going to be a pizza party! Can't wait, maybe I'll even snap a pic of the "assembly station"!

That sounds like loads of fun.  I may have to try that for my next trip to Houston with my 2 nieces. 🙂

Pizza topping overload in my fridge at the moment....must..make more...yummy pizzas!!!

I think that we are going to make pizza on Sunday.  I've already started my grocery list. 🙂

I think I may try some different type of tomatoes this time.

it's pouring down rain outside, we all have head colds, and i've got a pot of home made chicken soup cooking up on the stove 🙂 perfect night for it! now if only we had the fireplace cleared and ready for winter! i think that may be a project i plan for my boyfriend very soon 😄 

Heck yes! Chicken noodle soup is the best! I think I've posted a recipe somewhere for a version I make, what all do you use/put in yours?

I haven't made chicken soup in a while since I haven't been sick recently (well besides that week everyone was sick, but all I had was sinus pressure, never got sick) 

Mine is usually so packed with veggies I don't have room for noodles 😛 

I like to start my soup off with making a garlic based broth: 1-2 heads of garlic, simmered in a some water, white wine & a touch of truffle oil. After a while I mash the garlic up until it's dissolved. 

Then I add: more water, sautéed onions, mushrooms, carrots, celery (if I have it), sometimes corn, turnip or parsnip... what ever veggies I have in the fridge. 

Lots of herbs: oregano, smoked paprika, basil, cracked pepper, thyme, dill, bay leaf...

A few chicken breasts, once they are fully cooked, I take them out, shred them & throw it back in. 

I love to pack my soups with antioxidants & cold fighting properties. & Using a garlic broth saves me the time & energy of straining chicken legs & cleaning them. I try to stay away from pre-made broth because they tend to be high in sodium & preservatives. I like the Organic ones, but they get expensive & the garlic broth is so easy to make. Besides I usually have enough ingredients at home to whip up a soup in a few hours without having to drive to the store.

Ooooo the garlic in the water/broth sounds super good, I've yet to try that! *idea stored away for next time* Thanks, girl!

Yup! I do this for stews too. 

Oh heck yes! I always load my beef stews with garlic!

My dad had almost perfected his chicken noodle soup.  I always compare it to my grandmothers soup, that of course I didn't get it before she passed.  I'm thinking we may need to cook up a batch as soon as it gets a bit colder.

i go really simple on it, i don't like my chicken soup to have a ton of seasoning in it! i mostly just add salt and pepper to chicken broth and then carrots, celery and potatoes along with the chicken and egg noodles 🙂 i did add some garlic to it this time around though! it turned out sooo good 🙂 

Simple is definitely to go, I find letting the chicken actually cook in the broth helps too. Celery def adds a good flavor. Fresh herbs are always nice too!

Made this last week & forgot to share...

chicken nuggets.jpg

just the crumbs.jpg

~ Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets:

- Organic Chicken Breasts cut into pieces

- Whole Wheat Flour

- Egg Whites

- "Just the Crumbs" (mix of quinoa, brown rice, flax & seasame), but didn't have enough so I added Tortilla Crumbs, Cheddar Cheese, Smoked Paprika & Celery Salt

- Baked at 350 for 25 min

~ Arugula Salad with Warm Dressing

- Caramelized Red Onion

- Mushroom

- Garlic 

- Soy Sauce

- Balsamic Vinegar

- Chardonay Mustard

- Black Truffle Oil 

- Topped with shaved romano 

Sounds complicated, but really easy to make. The warm dressing is my favorite way to eat Arugula. 

Yuuuum!!!!! Easy and quick nugget recipes are the best! 😄

My friend made some with the use of crushed up baked BBQ Lays chips that we dipped in various sauces for a crunchy take on BBQ.

Anonymous Insider

At the moment I am endeavoring to make sweet tea with Bigelow Lemon Lift tea. It will come out tasting like either lemon cookies or utter nastiness...

Oooo, keep us posted, if it turns out well please share the recipe! I love lemon cookies!

Anonymous Insider

It turned out alright actually.

Sweet tea is insanely easy to make:

1 tea bag (cheap, low grade tea like Lipton is ideal) to about 10 oz. of boiling hot water. Let steep for at least 15 minutes before adding sugar.

Stir in a @#$% ton of sugar! Preferably while the tea is still hot or warm so the sugar melts all the way.

Let the whole mess cool for a few hours (or 1 hour in the refrigerator). Then pour over ice (in a glass of course). 

Warnings:

Do not make with artificial sweetener. It's inauthentic and tastes like crap.

This is a recipe that's as heavy & southern as Paula Deen (minus the racism).

Sweet tea is highly addictive - drink at your own risk! Smiley LOL

How many bags of the Lemon Lift did you add to the regular sweet tea recipe? I want to get the ratio right! 🙂

8 Replies
testing