cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's on your plate?

I used a 10 oz. cup and 1 tea bag.

So it's 1 tea bag for every 8-10 ounces of water that you steep. 🙂

Gotcha!

I went back and reread your post, I thought at first you were brewing regular sweet tea but added a bag or two of a lemon tea! Pardon me while I clean out the taste buds from my eyes! Haha!

Anonymous Insider

lol No worries, chica. 😉

Had to post as I am a sweet tea addict. here is my sweet tea recipe with a secret (well not really) ingredient.

6 bags Luzianne,  boil water and brew for 10-15 min

2cups sugar, pour in and stir till melted

**1/4tsp baking soda  mix in while stirring (this removes the bitter taste and makes it so smooth )

You're right midnightangel no artificial sweeteners real sweet tea uses real sugar 🙂

@ Calamityjane....Luzianne, are you a gal from the South too? 😄

Sandwich: rye bread + provolone cheese + roasted beef + dijon mustard.

.....and a mooncake + tea.

.........I'm down to my last moon cake....oh noes........my addiction.....

I couldn't finish my bit of moon cake last night, dinner had me stuffed and I couldn't handle the richness! My bf took my portion for breakfast!

What kind of tea?

Ahhh, gimme your mooncake! I will trade! *staaaaarrreee*

I think I consumed more tea (and moon cake) this week than in the past year.

Haha, I ended up getting moon caked out from the mochi ones my mom bought!

Right now, i'm eating colby jack cheese sticks and up next is a package of Sour Skittles. Lol I don't normally eat candy, but it's been a long day, ok?

Have you tried the Riddle Skittles??? Those are fun! The color make you think it's going to be one flavor but when you eat them and it's a whole other flavor entirely!

Oh my gosh those sound amazing! I don't think i've ever tried them! *runs to the store and picks up 10*

Anonymous Insider

Had some tasty teriyaki glazed salmon for breakfast.  Shall be having another piece for lunch.  Don't know what dinner is yet, still trying to talk the parents into doing something special for dinner, since technically it's "Fend Night", but I'm not normally off on Friday evenings, so isn't that cause for a special something?

I'm also making myself ravenous by all the Japanese snack recipes I'm digging up for testing purposes.  I'll have to remember to post pictures for you ladies Monday & Tuesday, since you're the only ones I can share with until after next Saturday.  😄

I'm actually having salmon right now! Along with some brown rice and quinoa plus some oven roasted asparagus!

Anonymous Insider

You just named three of my favorite foods! Now I want that meal!

lch.jpg

Just for you....pardon the very obvious bites taken from my rice/quinoa and salmon! 😛

Anonymous Insider

Oh yummmmmmmmmmmmm!

My plastic fork is super flimsy, it's making it difficult to nom through the meal quickly, haha!

yesterday i made chocolate banana bread.

tonight i cooked up some green beans fresh from the farm with a little bit of butter and saffron, garlic mashed potatoes, meatloaf and potato rolls. the rolls kind of ruined the whole fresh made vibe, i had to send my boyfriend out last minute to grab some because i didn't have the energy to make biscuits from scratch and i am no good with yeast, so i don't make bread. that's something i plan on tackling one of these days, though! 

i also bought a bunch of peaches for some peach butter, and some pumpkin for chocolate pumpkin bread! i'm just going to sub the pumpkin for the banana in the same recipe i used yesterday 😄 

tomorrow night my daughter will be at her dad's and my boyfriend at school so it's just going to be the baby and i... lazy night in the kitchen for me 🙂 i'll probably eat some frozen trader joe's pasta haha. 

Peach butter!!!! Gahhhh!!!!

swfupload_611077364830170415.jpg

So much butter posts lately...wantz!!!! 😛

I'm excited about today's lunch, yes pizza again lol

It's Italian beef with giardiniera peppers. So delicious.

I am craving deep fried bacon wrapped pickles.

GAH.

3 Replies
testing