cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's on your plate?

Oh, this has me wanting pizza, too.  And fried pickles, but thin, crispy chips of fried pickles.  Mmmmm...

Anonymous Insider

Ate lunch early today 'cause I was hungry.  A good sized helping of chicken & rice, leftover from Monday's dinner!  Easy-peasy to make, just cube some cooked chicken, mix it with uncooked rice, peas, onions, and the amount of liquid you would need to cook the uncooked rice, only instead of water, we're using chicken broth.  Cook it like you do regular rice, and you've got a tasty, one-pot dish!

Mmmm, chicken and rice is one of my favorite dishes!

I had every intention of taking a picture of my food! 

But i was seriously starving! I hadn't eaten anything all day! And i made some Spaghetti and Garlic bread, and completely forgot to take a picture! 

But it was Yummy! 😛

Niiiiice! Pasta always hits the spot!

Anonymous Insider

Egad. After being sick all of last week & hardly eating anything, I'm almost well. Now I'm nomming everything in sight like I have a tapeworm or something.

Just this morning I've had a cup of Beefaroni, a Maruchan instant lunch, 1/4 box of Triscuits (fire roasted tomato & olive oil flavor), a cup of steamed wild rice, a glass of iced coffee...now I'm about to go out for lunch. lol

Triscuits!!! I love taking a bit of pasta sauce and cheese, topping them and baking them in the over or toaster oven for a bit! They're like little pizza-Triscuit treats! Especially with the flavor you have!

Anonymous Insider

Oh that sounds fab. Om nom nom nom...don't give me any ideas! lol

Since there's been some mention of moon cakes, here's what my mom whipped out during an early dinner to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival.

nwmnck.jpg

They're not traditional moon cakes, but instead are like the mochi dessert. For anyone not familiar with mochi, it's ice cream encased in a gelatinous rice flour layer which is kind of like a chewy dough. These moon cakes didn't have ice cream inside, but were served cold to ensure the outer layer didn't get melty and sticky. The two dark brown ones had black sesame and peanut filling, the big orange/yellow one had a mango creme filling, the white was a white chocolate and chocolate cookie crisp filling, and the peach/tan one was guava!

They were surprising to my taste buds and I really liked them! Got to try all but the mango, we had to cut them up and split them between 12 people!

P.S. Pay no mind to the fallen green pea pod in the photo....photobomber! 😛

Omg they look so good. I've been tempted to buy moon cake and have been avoiding them whenever I'm at the store... Your mom is awesome!

Everyone at dinner really enjoyed them, she should have brought more! 🙂

That looks SO yummy!! *drool*

Last time I snuck a mooncake out of the fridge it has durian in the middle.  GAG!

>.< Oooooooo, ouch!

Moon cakes are like a Pandora's Box, you never know what you might get if you didn't take it out from a clearly labeled package. I always cut into them first just to be sure!

I don't know who keeps buying them, only my father and youngest kiddo like durian out of the entire family.  Even when we go to dim sum he has to ask for it to be made up special, so few people like it they don't even put it on the carts.

Hmmm, it's a great mystery now. Who bought the durian moon cake????? 😛

I grew up eating durian, so I have to show some love for the durian moon cakes with salted egg yolks 😄

I don't even want to think about duck eggs after last year.  Middle sis was pregnant so some of the family sent eggs for her.  Dragon year, bigger is better, a bucket of huge swan eggs instead of duck.

One of these I picked in the garden this morning, haven't decided which one yet. swfupload_4883110231357617341.jpg

I'm about to go nuts with all the Autumn stuff in the air!!! Love it!!!

Gimme pumpkins, soups, squash, apples, cider, cinnamon...gimme!!!!!

I had some kale with nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon, olive oil, black pepper & celtic sea salt. Then I had celery sticks dipped in Annie's Organic Goddess Dressing. NOM NOM.

Then some chocolate.

1 Reply
testing