cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Peanut noodles are delish, and with the crock pot I'm sure all the rich flavor simmered in even more to the meat and veggies!

it was SO good! next time i'll add less sauce to it, but other than that it was a very successful experiment! 

Ooooo, and you can roast/toast the edamame too and use that to top off the dish when you serve it up for some crunch!

that's a great idea! 

Anonymous Insider

@Jaimelove- I've been making a lot of crock pot recipes lately; I'll have to try this!  🙂 -Laura

i was pretty impressed, especially considering it wasn't a recipe... just something i randomly threw together! if you have a trader joe's nearby i recommend using their thai peanut salad dressing 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the tip! I actually do all my grocery shopping at TJs! I'll check it out. 🙂 -Laura

so do we, unless it's some random thing we just can't find there 🙂 

Yummy.

I'm having one of my "inventions" 

Tofu makes everything better!

I'm vegan, so I have to be creative and bold.

Rice + tofu + whatever's lying around.

it's good! Not fancy, but that's me.

Doesn't look as good as pizza though!

You'll have to share some tofu recipes with us! My friend makes the best General Tso's Tofu! 🙂 It's an all day ordeal so when he makes it, it's a BIG deal!

Anonymous Insider

I should probably feel ashamed of this one, but it was soooo tasty!  Pizza bites with hummus.  😄

Pffff, you know better, we're not here to shame! 😛

I love hummus! Had some last night!

Okay so I had an amazing salad!! 😄

I hate salads but this was so good! It was a Strawberry and Pecan Salad!

IMG_1286.jpg

I had already taken a bite and then thought, I have to take a picture! It's so beautiful! 😄

Look at all that color and I bet it was bursting with flavor! Nice pic!!!

That looks really delicious.Yum.

Anonymous Insider

YAY for a healthy AND beautiful salad 🙂

Yes! I don't often go with the Healthy choice instead of a nice burger lol! But i will start more now because i now realized my love for salads!! 😄

It looks amazing!!!!!!  I love a good salad.

It was a tough call between the Strawberry, or the Apple one! But i think i made the right call! Next time i'll try the Apple! Yum!

@Arielaaaaaaaaa That looks fantastic!  Good call 🙂

Yay birthday!

Got a rice noodle bowl for brunch, the lunch lady put in generous amount of meat on there, I attribute it to my birthday luck, and Burberry lipstick luck.

Dinner is a free large Green Tea Frappachino from Starbucks and roasted eggplant soup (recipe from Smitten kitchen). Yum

2 Replies
testing