cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Judging by your user name, you must really love kimchi! Hehe Those pics got me drooling over here! 

Hahah..I do but it's not like I keep it around.  It was just the first thing that popped in my head when I created the name but I suppose I am getting a kimchi reputation here.  swfupload_6497784123516172832.gif

Anonymous Insider

This morning it's scrambled eggs (from a local farm) with fresh ground pepper.

Scrambled eggs really is the ultimate rock star breakfast. Easy to make & good for your hair. 😄

Right! If someone messes up scrambled eggs then something is wrong! 😛 Haha!

Anonymous Insider

Now that I know this thread exists, I'll be using it to help keep me on track.  😄

So far, I've had one slice of French toast with one scrambled egg, one sausage patty, and one slice of bacon.  The egg & sausage went on the toast for a sandwich, the bacon was savored all on its own.

This place is a haven for all things food! Be it healthy or sometimes just super lush! 😛

I encourage everyone to post recipes or ask for recipes too if something someone posts catches your eye! I myself have posted a few recipes complete with photos to show steps!

Bacccccccon! I have some in my casserole right now!

Anonymous Insider

yesterday I had

honey crunch flakes with 2% milk

fajhita's with all of the awesome Mexican companions

pizza+chips+salad

moose tracks ice cream+homemade cookie and boston cream pie yogurt.

LOL talk about a binge! 🙂 usually during the week I stick to my favorites like fruit and veg.

OMG, I haven't had Moose Tracks in forever, that was delish when I stumbled on it at the grocery store!

Anonymous Insider

I'm currently partaking in an after-work repast of spicy seaweed ramen and an Amber Woodchuck.  Football ran long, I need the boost.  >.<

I think that might just be 2 of my favorite things...ramen and cider though I have never had them in a single sitting..

Gahhhhh, I'm going to cry! I miss good ramen!

I've yet to find legit ramen at a restaurant other than the ramen houses I visited when I was vacaying in Hawaii. Gosh I miss it so much!

Anonymous Insider

Wish I could say this was good ramen!  Trader Joe's had some flavors I hadn't tried yet, but this one's kinda bland.  It's got heat but not a lot of flavor.  And the noodles have a weird kinda texture.

It was almost ramen & vodka, but then I remembered there were still two bottles of Chuck in the fridge, and if I didn't get one now, they'd be gone by tomorrow!  😄

Aw, bummer on the ramen quality. Odd noodle texture surely throws it off!

Speaking of noodles, my cousin took me to this pho place a few months back that hands down had the best pho. It's this tiny mobile home converted into a food trailer/restaurant that's family run and it's all homemade. I'm used to pho broth being homemade, but this place even makes their own noodles! OMG! So delicious and you could TASTE the fact their noodles where different. 

I almost grabbed a glass of moscato, but opted for some of Bolthouse Farm's Mocha Cappuccino instead.

Sounds like a place I know (haven't been there in forever..maybe I'll go tomorrow).  The best pho, I've found, are in places you'd be scared to enter.  Actually, some of the best food is found in some sketchy surroundings.

Mom and pop shops are usually the best! The pho place I mentioned is super tiny and cramped, they only have 3 tables that can sit maybe 4-5 people max and two tables that can sit 1-2 people and man, they crank food out like a machine! I sat down, ordered, and in less than 5 minutes I had a bowl of steaming hot pho!

I guess I'm lucky to live in a town with a great selection of Asian restaurants but am excited to hear a new ramen shop is going to be opening up downtown.  Darnit...now I want ramen!

swfupload_3830595669433867630.jpg

UHHH! I want! Why can't Sephora ship hot food too!?

DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  oh this food thread is killing me.....have not had decent ramen in years ;_;

My eyes literally went wide when I saw the thumbnail of this pic! My tummy is definitely doing flips now!

It's hard to explain GOOD ramen to folks who only think ramen means the 40 cent bags at grocery stores with those salt bomb packets. Ramen is so so so much more! 

Anonymous Insider

At least it's hot.  🙂  It rarely gets above 70 degrees in the control room I work in, so I'm happy as long as it's hot, and not terribly terrible.

Aaaaaah, that sounds *so* good!  If I ever get around to making ramen or pho from scratch, I'm definitely going to go the whole nine yards and make the noodles, too.  Now *I* want to hit the local ramen shop!

That place shuts down and closes once they run out of broth and noodles, that's how awesomely homemade it is! They start early cooking and once it's all gone...close up shop until the next day!

1 Reply
testing