cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Last night my bf and I had some friends over, we made:

-Stuffed baked chicken with provolone and prosciutto

-Oven roasted asparagus spears with crushed pistachios and mozzerella

-Rosemarly garlic mashed potatoes

-Steamed broccoli

-White chocolate macadamia and mint chocolate cookies, crumbled and topped on vanilla ice cream

Yummmmmmy!

Omg Sounds Yummy!! You just made me hungry!! Time to figure out whats for lunch!! 🙂

Oh, I have leftovers for lunch now! We had extra prosciutto so he wrapped some pieces of chicken with that too! *drool*

Mhm! I feel in the mood to cook! Which i'm horrible at!! 

Haha, Maybe i'll find something easy to make!

Baking chicken is super simple and so yummy! You can season it all sorts of ways!

Haha Baking Chicken is one of the very few things i can do! I love to coat Chicken tenders in the French's French Fried Onions. That stuff i soooo good! But i hate making mashed potato's and all that good stuff! But that might be for dinner tonight! 

swfupload_904881845859640645.jpgA little late but hey, it's  still July, right? 😉

Ooo are those almond slivers on there too?

I had a gluten free corn-dog and fruit for dinner, yum.

new obsession - peach greek yogurt!!!!

Anonymous Insider

Ooooh What was your drink I love Mango>

Mmm... tonight's dinner was a bit different and nice.

All of these fit on a salad plate, for serving size reference:

• Grilled mango-lime marinated shrimp
  • Grilled asparagus
  • Tiny scoop of mac and cheese

Plus, half a cup of lobster bisque.

It just felt like summer!

Anonymous Insider

Yum! Sounds good starletta8! I'm a sucker for anything that involves mango and lime. 

My beverage had mango in it as well, but we don't discuss such things here at BT! 😉

Today I had a late brunch, and I'm smelling the roasted chicken legs that will be a late dinner.

Mmm, I had chicken last night too!

Anonymous Insider

For lunch today I'm having enchiladas, spanish rice, veggie refried beans, and a large strawberry lemonade. Yum!

Strawberry lemonade sounds PERFECT for this weather! Oye!!! You should make a frozen slush version!

Anonymous Insider

@lylysa it's funny you should say that because I was JUST thinking about how nice it would be in a slush formation. Haha. I really want one of those slushy magic cups.

Ohhh those are fun! I had one ages ago, it took a while to start the slush creation but once it did....ohhhhh watch out and gimme a spoon! 😄

I have chicken breast thawed in the fridge and no idea what to do with it. Usually I would just sauté it with some veggies and sauce and serve it over rice but we ate out Chinese yesterday.  

Anyone have a favorite quick/easy no-fail dinner idea to share?

5 Replies
testing