cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Oooooo, those tiny ice creams are darn cute! I remember getting a Ben & Jerry's one that had a tiny spoon included!

Best of luck battling this heat! We don't want you getting too hot!

I keep bottles upon bottles of water in my car just in case.

I was pushing the water all week by the liter- usually 3+ a day. 

My bf made dinner last night and for the first time ever I had homemade meatloaf!!! It was so yummy! It was very flavorful, not dry, and rather than top it with ketchup he used seasoned, diced tomatoes which added more flavor! Yummm! I had two big pieces. We also picked up some instant brown rice with quinoa and garlic (first time trying quinoa, yum!) and some Asian veggies.

Split a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich with him too. 🙂

Today, I drank 2.5 liters of water. It's hot.

Lunch: greek-style lamb over salad

Dinner: recipe from yesterday at Trader Joe's!

• Veggie Pizza burger, topped with tomato basil sauce and a bit of fresh mozzarella
  • slice of strawberry rhubarb pie

Lamb, deeeelish!

cliff bar white choc. Macadamia nut

colombia blend Caribou coffee with fat free skim milk

cold press with heavy cream

lee ann chin orange chicken with lo mein

mendota springs sparkling water

(I had a lot of sugar today &  Sodium :()

I looooove what chocolate macadamia nut anything! 😛 It's a huge weakness of mine!

swfupload_4956134080511865784.jpg

PowerGreens. They stand up to steak or chicken over them for a quick, easy grab from the fridge. Great thread, feeding beauty from the inside out!

Ooo, tell us what all you added in! That looks yummy! We love to share recipes here too!

Thanks lylysa. We eat lower carb so this was bagged PowerGreens, chopped roast beef tossed with fig balsamic vinaigrette and scallions, and baby bella mushrooms topped off with mozzarella shreds and sprinkled with a smoked paprika/hot pepper blend. I try to keep a few staple ready-to-go ingredients so when we hit the house starving, all I have to do is mix up the dressing and let it stand while I chop the meat and mushrooms and compose the salad. It saves us so much $$ and bad eating from temptation to stop on the way home if I know I'm always ~10 minutes from serving this up.

Yum! And I'm sure you can do so many variations with different meat or spices to top it off!

I used to be HORRIBLE with veggies, but I'm better now. I started making cucumber salads like the ones at sushi restaurants during dinner or for a light snack so I get a fresh veggie kick but also don't fill up on anything too heavy, especially if it's served with a whole meal.

It's super easy to make and if you have a slicer it cuts time even more to have a stash of thin slices in the fridge where you just top off with rice vinegar (I mix in a bit of sugar and warm water so the RV isn't as sharp) then add crab meat and sesame seeds!

Kimchi fried rice for lunch/dinner. (Stir fry onion/garlic/scallion in olive oil/butter, add kimchi, then add soy sauce and rice) Yuuuuummmmm, finished with chocolate ice cream with fudge/brownie swirl.

My bf and cousins love kim chi, but I'm not a fan of anything pickled >.< I always tell them that at least leaves more for them!

I love kimchi! 🙂

I'm just looking forward to finally finishing my sandwich from lunch.

It's been that day.

Awww, I hope that sandwich was EXTRA good, days like that are tough when just looking forward to finishing your lunch is a mighty win!

Anonymous Insider

Right now I'm eating some cucumbers from the garden before fixing a chicken Cesar wrap.  I love stuff fresh from the garden!

I've been on a kick making cucumber salads, like the ones in sushi bars!

Thinly sliced cucumbers topped with some sweetened rice vinegar, crab meat, and sesame seeds!

Anonymous Insider

My Aunt made some sort of cucumber salad for my papaw's surprise birthday cookout last weekend.  I don't think it was like the one you described.  I didn't get to try it because I wanted room for one of the desserts lol.

I made bacon and mushroom hamburger casserole with cheddar cheese last night! My bf cooked up some scallops which we drizzled with melted butter cooked with garlic and parsley....sooooooo yummy! Summed it up with some iced lemon apple pomegranate tea from Teavanna (added some honey) and a Skinny Cow vanilla ice cream sandwich!

Not sure about dinner tonight, might make some beer battered chicken and grill up some asparagus!

My bf sweet-talked me into baking a cake tonight.  I decided to use some fresh peaches in it- I'll be tasting it to see how the peaches altered the consistency, but other than that.... there's 0 calories in smelling!

2 Replies
testing