cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I love baking and making decorative desserts! 😄

I also like soba (buckwheat noodles), those plus the yam noodles are great substitutes for regular white flour noodles.

LOVE soba!

Whoohoo! Another soba fan!

Oh I don't care how it looks if it taste good, and I'm too lazy so I usually skip frosting (except for Tres Leches cake (fattening alert!)). My specialty that I make for friends' birthday is chocolate rum cake. I can also make classic chocolate mousse and if I have time for the next birthday, I will use that as frosting for the rum cake.

Oh, but speaking of healthy sweets, I love making granola, which are super easy. I put more nuts than dried fruits and less sugar so it's not as calorie laden and it taste good as snack, cereal or on yogurt.

Tres Leches cake is SO good -- I'd never had it until recently, and it was so incredibly delicious. I *really* hate milk, too, which is weird.

Speaking of icing, I'm a huge fan of grocery store birthday cake, too...the kind with icing so sugary, it crunches. It's kind of my secret shame, haha.

yay tres leches. I didn't have evaporated milk so I used half cup of Kahlua instead. =p. curiously enough, I don't like drinking much, but I love liquor in cakes.

Ahh vices. mine are thin mint and spicy ramen, which I usually try to make healthier by throw some lettuce in the soup and cracking an egg on it (boil until egg is cooked).

Thin Mints!!! My buddy's daughter is a Girl Scout so I was able to get cookies on preorder and got them two days ago!!!! Samoas, Thin Mints, and Shortbread for me!

The best ramen I ever had was in Honolulu, they have so many ramen restaurants there it's crazy! I had mine spicy with an egg too, and since they're prepared when you order them, they're not just seasoned by a salt packet. So delish!

I have a soft spot for grocery store sugar cookies, the soft ones with the thick layer of icing on top with sprinkles in fun colors. I don't eat them too foten, but if they're at a party or some function I make sure to grab one...okay, maybe two!

Granola!!!!! I buy granola that has hemp seeds in it, it's delish! No side effects from the hemp! 😛

I'm also a fan of chia seeds which are high in omega 3! I put 2 or 3 teaspoons into a 8 or 10 oz. drink and let it sit for about 15 minutes and they turn to a jello-like chewy texture. It's real unique, and is great in iced drinks like spritzer juices or teas. They're also high in fiber!

My boyfriend never had mousse before his last birthday so I made some dark chocolate mousse with fresh cut strawberries (cut into little hearts) and served them in goblets.

I do flaxseeds. I've never found chia seeds in grocery store before, will have to look.

Try this one for impressiveness, google "sprinkle bakes chocolate cupcakes with flaming strawberries"

Its fathers day weekend so my family has been grilling up a storm---burgers, sausages, organic chicken legs, corn, hot dogs YUM 😄 Today we had a mini feast, tomorrows the grand finale.

O_O OHHHHH MAHHHHH GAWSH!!!!

I may just have to bake these to impress the boyfriend for Valentine's! Heck, I'll bake them just to impress me!

I've found some Asian markets to sell chia and also whole food, health stores. It's cheaper in the Asian markets and you get a bigger bag.

Interesting topic considering I'm on a health kick right now and this isn't the best but all I've had today is a Glucerna Hunger Smart Chocolate shake. It's safe for diabetics, helps curb your hunger without giving high or low blood sugars and it actually tastes really great.

The brand makes their own regular shakes for anyone but they are loaded with double the cabohydrates and sugar which make a HUGE difference in stabilizing your sugars as well as weight loss.

On that note, I better go eat something for lunch! 😉 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Oh, didn't know that it can be safe for diabetics. Thanks for sharing!

Oooo, that's good to know the difference between those two shakes! I'm sure that'll be very helpful to anyone who browses through interested in that type of product.

🙂

Find something tasty!

testing