cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I've been on medication for literally decades... I just have to accept that I'll lose a certain number of days to them.

And my dinner prediction was spot-on, aside I added a pint of fresh strawberries for desert.

Anonymous Insider

@lylysa- I've got the recipe for the Doritos Taco Bake so I'll go ahead and post it for you:

Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Beef

Crispy Flat Tostada shells (approximately 12 of them, enough to layer.

1 Taco Seasoning Packet

Chopped Green Chiles (optional)

11 oz Bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos- Says to use 3/4 of the bag but everyone will use different amounts.

About 3 cups or so of shredded cheddar cheese

Lettuce, Tomato and Sour Cream to garnish

9x13 baking dish

Directions:

Cook beef  with the Chiles and Taco Seasoning.

Place a layer of the Crispy Shells in the bottom of  baking dish and top  it with a layer of beef and top that layer with some cheese,  Continue layering until you've reached your desired height and your out of layering ingredients.

Top the whole thing with a nice layer of Doritos, cover and bake at 350 for approximately 25 minutes, remove the cover and continue baking for another 10 minutes until the chips are crisp and slightly golden. Let it cool a bit , use lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream as garnish. Serve it up and dig in:)

Oooo, thank you thank you!!! 😄

ok today planned for tomorrow if I follow through with being "good"

breakfast (if I wake up in time*sighs*):

- 16 oz French Roast coffee + 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk

- 1 Plum

- 1 scrambled egg with 1 cup spinach cooked into it and topped with a teaspoon of hot sauce

LUNCH: (If I have time between projects @ work fridays are busy)

- 1 slice whole wheat bread

- thins pread of whipped cream cheese, plain

- thinley sliced cucumber enough to cover the bread

- a pinch of dried dill weed

- a sprinkle of sea salt

- 1 asian pear (haven't tried one ever before & picked up a sack of them up @ the local famers market yesterday that sets up shop on the street outside by my work

- a 32 ouce jumbo bottle of strawberry lemonade sparkling water

for snacks:

- african autmn tea (a red herbal decaf blend of tea)

- cashews & almond mix  1/8 cup

- 1 cup green seedeless grapes

for dinner:

- 1 cup baby fresh spinach with a tablespoon of light ceasar cracked pepper olive oil vinagarette

- 1 cup brita filtered water with a slice of fresh lime

-  a whole wheat open faced chicken salad sandwich

Exercise:

1 walk around the lake if it isn't storming tomorrow at a brisk pace which totals about 20 minutes of time

1 hour no matter what! of wii fit + balance board balance & aerobics & stregth training game assortement

Anonymous Insider

I got the recipe to make Doritos Taco bake and I really hope it turns out well  I'm gonna make it for supper one night next week. Wish me luck!

You had me at "Doritos"! 😛

That sounds super yummy!!!! Let us know how it goes and if it's share-worthy, I'd love for the recipe to be posted here!

I saw a photo online of someone that put pieces of Cool Ranch Doritos in a pepper grinder to create their own super crunched up seasoning for taco dishes!

It was so hot today, I was too lazy to really cook so I made a quick skillet meal: red potatoes, onions, broccoli, mushrooms & italian chicken sausage cooked in white wine, truffle oil & some leftover chicken stock I had in the freezer. 

Your too lazy to cook --> mushrooms & italian chicken sausage cooked in white wine, truffle oil & chicken stock

My too lazy to cook --> Cup of Ramen and honey dew melon.

Lol, you are too good. Speaking of which, I've been curious about truffles stuff. I know there's black truffle and white truffle? and somebody claimed they taste like mushroom? How do you like them, what do they taste like, and are there any brands of truffle/oil you would recommend?

LOL, it was very simple, I chopped & threw everything into a cast iron & walked away. 

I love mushrooms, but truffle oil is a lot richer. Black is more flavorful, white is slightly milder. I get the black truffle oil from wegmens it comes in a little bottle, all you need is a few drops. The white I purchase at Home Goods when they have it since it's a lot cheaper there. 

I don't eat french fries often, but if I see truffle fries with parmesan & rosemary on a menu I almost always order it! 

The fries I had didn't have rosemary, but they did have parmesan! Yum, I think the dishes I've ever had only used white truffle oil as I'm sure I would have noticed a difference between the fries and chips if they used different oils.

I agree with beautytester. I didn't feel like cooking and ended up with an assortment of side dishes.

I'm highly impressed with your lazy dish!

I've had some fancy potato chips at this one place that used truffle oil and another place that made french fries with truffle shavings, they do have a very earthy flavor, I mean, heck, they're buried under the ground, but that's really the best way I can describe it from the ways I've tried it.

Dinner tonight is rice, pork spare ribs, gai lan, and steamed egg.

Today's a different day for me since I'm still nursing a headache and know I'll only be cooking for me.  Therefore, my motivation to cook diminishes.

Brunch: Leftover Chic-fil-A Breakfast Biscuit

Late Afternoon snack: Leftover corn on the cob, cut off the cob and heated with a little bit of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and some sea salt

Dinner: I'm just not sure... I have chicken to cook, but it might be a veggie fest for me.

Turned out to be: side of mac and cheese, fresh brussels sprouts, and fruit salad.

I love brussel sprouts! Haven't had them in forever, might have to pick some up at the grocery store next time!

I found some at the farmers' market last week and just about died of happiness.

Anonymous Insider

Recently I like to snack on honey glazed ham lol

Thin slices or cut pieces/chunks? I'm a sucker for honey glazed anything!

I made glazed pork chops and roasted asparagus for dinner.  (And baked potatoes with ranch and bacon bits for the kids because they would die if they even touched asparagus!)

Mhmm i love looking at the things people cook! I am a horrible cook. I've tried, and i just really suck at it. There are a handful of simple things i can make! I'm so happy my sister made Hamburger Helper for lunch or i'd be eating leftover Grimaldi's (Which i wouldn't be complaining about)

Tonight for dinner I'm making pierogies, baked potatoes, and brussel spouts.  Craving some sour cream here...!

testing