cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Tonight's dinner (cooking right now):

• Rosemary and garlic roasted lamb shoulder chops
  • Grilled asparagus
  • Tossed fruit salad

I should mention that I have a new obsession in my cooking life: the Le Creuset Skinny Grill Pan- from Sur la Table. I've been using it almost daily since I got it a month ago.  For most, way pricey splurge.  For me? Totally worth it already.

ETA: Due to local regulations, you pretty much need to have a SFH with a large yard to have a grill that's non-electric.  So, I get my beloved grill taste on a cooktop! Yay!

dinner.jpg

This looked too good not to share!

What a great idea for a thread! I'm a huge foodie and tea-lover too. I rotate between Tazo Passion Tea, Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger, and Teavana Sevenberry Sangria. Yesterday, I made a batch of mini bran muffins because my family is trying to be healthier and was really surprised by how delicious they are. The recipe was really easy even though it was a little hard to find ingrediants like unprocessed wheat bran and raw cane sugar in my local grocery store. That's what I've been snacking on. Let me know if you want me to post the recipe! 

Ooo, I have the Wild Berry Zinger from Celestial Seasonings!

If you get the chance, flax and also chia seeds are great additions to healthy cooking!

For breakfast, I had an everything bagel with cream cheese and a cup of coffee with caramel creamer.

Lunch is going to be chips and guacamole... and no, I don't care if that doesn't count as a meal, its tasty! 😛

For dinner I'm meeting a friend at a local turkish/mediterranean restaurant 🙂

Am I the only person who eats left over dinner for breakfast?  I read through a few pages of posts and it would seem that I'm weird like my family says.

Yesterday I had leftover red beans and rice and right now I'm eating pasta with spicy marinara for breakfast.

I always start my day with a cup of coffee and coconut milk creamer but that's about as far as I go with breakfast-y things on a typical day.

You aren't the only one, I do this a lot, Kalex!

Since I work night shift, I frankly eat what I want, when I want. Otherwise it confuses my brain too much. As long as the majority of it is healthy, I'm ok with it!

For breakfast:

- French roast Generic brand coffee with fat-free skim milk & sugar free hazelnut syrup

- Chiobani coffee flavored Greek yogurt with dark chocolate chips 100 calorie cup

Morning Snack:

- medium sized Banana

For Lunch it's 10:00 Am So I haven't eaten it yet:

- Spinach & Goat Cheese Pizza, 2 "small" slices since it's so addicting!

- brita filtered water with a few drops of natural bottled lime juice

- Dinner: I'm still deciding on but will edit this post when I figure out what I'll have

today I was really bad.

Breakfast -

3 cups coffee & Fat free skim milk

1/2 egg cheese & sausage sandwich

1 hash brown

lunch -

- Champagne

- Annie's organic shells & white cheddar

- Butternut squash sea salted, with a drizzle of olive oil rosemary & basil

Dinner

- Colombian coffee with hazelnut creamer & hazelnut syrup

-  1 sausage egg & cheese croissant sandwich

umm yeah I was really band 😞 but it tasted goood 😛

Anonymous Insider

lately, southwestern burritos with corn bread and Brussels sprouts, bean and bacon stew with mulled wine, curry pizza, and the next thing I cook will be salmon and bacon burgers with avocado and pepper jack cheese! 😄

Today's food:

Breakfast- Cup of tea, cup of coffee, bowl of reduced calorie apple cinnamon oatmeal

Lunch- mini side chicken ceasar salad (no croutons, light dressing), Pellegrino water

Dinner (planned)- Pan-Seared Flank Steak (about 4oz), side salad

Snack for hockey game- air popped popcorn

Was hungry so dinner came early.  I need to learn how to pan-sear better...

Me too - I can never seem to get it right!

Anonymous Insider

@drrragon- Those cookies sound so good!:)

yup, those Brits have got it going when it comes to cookies and sweets 🙂

ok, I was bad and went and got myself a package of Cadbury's Digestive Biscuits.  Basically they're cookies with one side dipped in milk chocolate.  So addictive!

@lylysa --that soup looks DELICIOUS!  Must try it sometime.  I've been really into soups lately since finally learning from my mom how to make pork bone soup.

Ooooo, you'll have to share that recipe!

The fish and tomato soup is super easy to make, the hardest part is chopping up the veggies and even then it's not a big deal!

It's incredibly simple!

Boil water in a pot.

Throw in pork bones.

Throw in some ginger slices.

Simmer for 2 hours.

Throw in chopped tomatos, carrots, turnips, mushrooms optional.

Salt to taste.

Simmer for another 0.5-1 hr.

Yum!!!!!

It's the kind of soup that's even better the next day!  🙂

Thanks for sharing, Drrragon! Simple, yet delish dishes are the best!

Anonymous Insider

@lylysa- YES they do have Jalepeno Cheetos and their not healthy but they ARE GOOOD!

2 Replies
testing