cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's on your plate?

@triciaann12- Oh yeah you definitely can quit worrying now. I'm sorry to you for even bringing it up. What a waste...

Anonymous Insider

-

Anonymous Insider

Not your fault, I was concerned too, but I will not tolerate behavior like hers.  Her situation may be bad, we did what we could, and that's all we can do. 

Anonymous Insider

@lylysa- Honestly I don't care what happens in regards to her I feel like we have all wasted too much time on her already. If she still post then  her post are being totally ignored by me. We have all put in more effort than we should have. You don't come back with a response like that when people are truly caring and reaching out. That's just me I'm just saying...

I just sent you ladies a PM, and if I happen to miss you, please PM me.

I hear you loud and clear Beautylovingirl! I reached out and got my hand slapped back, so nope, not having anymore of that! Best believe someone who wants to spit on a community that is trying to show care isn't getting any more of my time!

Anonymous Insider

@arielaaaaaaa- That's just it everyone was nice even after her snide, rude comments and she still comes back with her attitude.

Dinner Last night: Cooked some cheeseless mushroom risotto (oyster and baby portobella mushrooms, garlic, sweet onion, dry white wine & veggie broth & arborio rice).  

Side salads fresh from the garden- kale, spinach, lettuce (tomato from the store).  Annie's Salad Dressing Lemon & Chives.

Yum!

That risotto sounds delicious! I love mushrooms and oysters!

they are actually oyster mushrooms (weird I know but they were on sale for $1.50 on Managers Special at Kroger so i thought I would give them a try).  I have a blog where I posted the recipe.  If you google "sea glass stash mushroom risotto" it should come up. I made a similar recipe a few months ago 🙂

Anonymous Insider

risotto *drool*

Anonymous Insider

OK Mintshake!  I'm done with your little snitzy attitude! First you come on here and try to get everything stirred up and now some of the people truly reach out to you and you come back with "I don't need your help"! Really???? You are welcome on this forum just like everyone else but you better check your attitude at log in. Your being ridiculous!!!!  Participate in this forum as a member or don't participate at all. Your really P*ss*ng me off and it takes a lot to do so!

Sorry to the rest of you girls but I have had it with her!

I hope the mods suspend her account.. it's getting ridiculous.

Unbelievable.. I can't even.. This girl.

I agree with you beautylovingirl!

Perfect comment directed towards the perfect person!

I'm totally on board with you beautylovingirl. Theres just no reasoning with her though. She sent me a private message and i was nothing but nice and she was incredibly rude. I've tried to avoid it but it's incredibly frustrating. 

Had a giant family dinner last night....

Giant steamed prawns, crab fried rice, bbq pork ribs, greens, steamed tilapia, silken tofu with mushrooms, black pepper fried lobster, green onion and ginger sauteed lobster, and chicken....YUMMMEHHHH!

Anonymous Insider

...there was lobster, and I was not informed...RELEASE THE CATS!!

No seriously, that sounds delicious though 😄

Totally read your "RELEASE THE CATS!!" in this format with Liam Neeson voice:

swfupload_9176808830083072136.jpg

LOL!

Anonymous Insider

Well, that's one way to murder a good thread 😕  Seriously though, chica, you are too young to not be getting the nutrition you need, definitely seek help if you need it 🙂

Amen to that, Moregun!

@ Mintshake, Tricia and Diana are right, everyone here at BT has open hearts and arms if there is an issue that you want to bring up. We're not here to pry, but when you post things for the public to see like that we will of course be concerned, but please do not cry wolf in instances if you don't follow through or elaborate. Though this is a beauty forum and may not be the most conventional or usual spot for anyone to seek help on an emotional level, that doesn't mean we can't try in some way to help. We're here for everyone, but only if those who seek help truly mean it.

What the...I would've said I had food if I had any thing there's literally nothing in my house, and besides, I don't need your "help". 

Anonymous Insider

---

testing