cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@Mintshake, I agree with TriciaAnn12, if you need to talk to any one please let us know so we can help. 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

There would be something on my plate if I had food today ;( I'm so hungry 

Anonymous Insider

No one's posted here for a while, so I went to the store to look for a jicama to go with my lunch, and found a new fruit I love, the rambutan, it is amazing!  

For lunch I mixed jasmine rice (frying it in oil from frying tortilla slices) with leftover steak taco fixins, pico de gallo and some salt, and put some jicama slices and cottage cheese on the side with a raspberry chia drink thing.  I'm pretty darn happy with how it came out, and I turned one sitting worth of taco fixins into 6 servings of Mexican rice and tortilla chips! 😄food.jpg

Chiiiiiia!!! OMG! I love putting chia seeds in my drinks/juices! P.S. That plate is a plate of yum!

Anonymous Insider

Chia is a recent to me, but I like the texture, and definitely noticed an energy boost!

Today I didn't have really any set meals.. I kinda just ate when I wanted lol

- salad for lunch (romaine lettuce, turkey breast/ham, craisins, apples, onions, peppers, low fat feta cheese, croutons, light italian dressing)

- an apple w/ peanut butter

- carrots + hummus

-2 turkey hot dogs + side salad for dinner

Drinks: 2 cups of coffee, Vitamin Water Zero, Water bottle

I try to eat healthy - Anyone have any good suggestions for different things to eat? besides obvious stuff - chicken, vegetables, whole wheat, etc.

I live alone and am to lazy to cook every day, so my tip is make freezable stuff. When you make cake or cookie, first freeze half of it so you are not as tempted to eat the whole thing right then/there. Same with healthy things, I always freeze half when I make quiche or soup that can be frozen (most of them) so when I've got nothing healthy to eat, I unfreeze those and eat them. 

Especially in the summer, some frozen fruit taste as good or better than ice cream. Try frozen blueberries, grapes, and mango by themselves. Other frozen fruits like strawberries, banana, pineapple are great as smoothies. I try to make a batch of chocolate sauce and usually put that in the smoothie along with some flax seeds or chia seeds.

Hmm, other than that it's assembly meals. I keep tomato sauce, pesto, and peanut/soy sauce in the fridge. I also keep hard boiled eggs, wilted/stirfried veggies and grocery store cooked chicken in the fridge. I can boil some pasta and put sauce/chicken/veggie over it, or buy some bread and throw things together to boil as soup.

I've been in love with baking, from fish to chicken to pork chops. It's so easy!

I also love making homefries or potato wedges (even sweet potato ones), but rather than frying, bake them.

A couple of girls and I have tossed recipes here in this thread, sift through some of the pages and see if any of them catch your eye! There's a couple of soup/sauce recipes, fish, pasta, and pork recipes.

Yah know I don't take advantage of baking enough. I get very lazy and impatient, but thats a really good idea. Baking is a good tip. 

The sweet potato wedges sound really good. Any suggestions for seasoning them?? 

Thanks for the tip!

Also, you can cook up asparagus spears with the same basic formula or olive oil, salt, and pepper at 425 and that cooks up in 10 minutes.

You can even get fancy, at the last 3 or 2 minutes, toss in some crushed up pistachios and mozzerella cheese for a change up in texture and some heartiness!

I like to stick to basics, but the general ingredients I stick to for sweet potato wedges is:

-Olive oil (drizzle over wedges to mix and distribute)

-Coarse sea salt (fine just disappears and coarse salt just adds a kick of flavor)

-Fresh ground pepper (if you have a pepper mill it's great or many pepper varieties have the grinder built in to the bottle now)

-Dried rosemary (I like to crush it up into finer pieces in my hands as I sprinkle it over to release more of the aromatic flavors)

-Chili powder (for a bit of warmth)

-Onion or garlic powder (just a bit for a tough of flavor, you can also fine mince/chop up fresh garlic for this too)

Add all that to the wedges and mix it up, go off smell, if you find you like your fries a bit more spicy or hot, add more pepper or chili powder, adjust it to your tastes.

Have the oven at 425 and bake them anywhere from 22-35 minutes, you can leave them longer if you like crispier fries or take them out early if you want them softer.

The same seasonings can be applied to red or other varieties of potatoes. For the super basic, olive oil, sea sale, and crushed black pepper works just fine!

Anonymous Insider

Lately I have been on a PB&J kick at least have 1 a day and my 6 cups of tea (weight to go & acai matini mixed) the caffeine gets me thru swapping from days to night on a regular basis.

Acai, yum!!!

Anonymous Insider

Dried scallop 🙂image.jpg

Say whaaaaaaaa?!?! I've never seen or heard this! Where did you get it? asian super market or normal supermarket? *super curious*

*GASP*

You know what's funny, I've never seen dried scalliops as is, but my parents add it to congee and I love it. Heck, I love scallop in any form or fashion!

Breakfast:

- scrambled Egg whites with mozzarella

- 2 sausage links

-small bowl of Chocolate malt o meal

- coffee skim milk

- water, tap 2 glasses

- lunch

coffee with a few tablespoons of half & half

- cooked zuchinni squash, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes with homemade hummus

caramel frappuccino medium

Dinner

- Pancakes & syrup

not the healthiest of choices 😞

Whooo, breakfast for dinner!

Homemade hummus, YUM! What all did you season/add to it?

This was my "breakfast of champions". The coffee makes it an adult meal, right? 😉20130411_085425.jpg

Sorry the pic is sideways...I'm ddoing this from my phone and there is no way to rotate 🙂

Pfft, I saw this while lying in bed with my laptop sideways, and when you said the pic is sideways, I was like "...but it's not sideways." And didn't realize until now when I saw it again. #BeautyTesterMoment.

Lol, you can make it more adult by putting some Kahlua in that coffee. I was too lazy and just went straight to lunch:

- stirfried turnip greens + tomato sauce + Walmart rotesserie chicken as topping for 

- whole wheat pasta (great for my digestion o.O, doesn't make me gain weight like normal yellow pastas do)

- a whole packet of asian egg roll snack thing. =X

Hahaha Kaluha idea isn't a bad one...just may not be work appropriate! 😉

Mmm lunch sounds delish!!

5 Replies
testing