cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

LOL....time to start cooking for an army...an army of BEAUTY!!!!!!

Anonymous Insider

sgetti.jpgThis is the spaghetti we will be eating, probably for the next 3 weeks >.>  The sauce is titled "Awesomesauce" and my own unique recipe here is all but the special ingredient:

2 large cloves garlic (minced)

1 onion (chopped)

1 bell pepper (chopped)

1Tbs Olive oil

1 jar tomato basil sauce

1 can Italian Stewed tomatoes (with juice)

1 can Mexican Stewed tomatoes (with juice)

basil

garlic salt

pepper

cumin

gewurtztraminer

red wine

beef base

sugar

liquid smoke

(secret ingredient)

This sauce in presimmer can double as a tomato soup if topped with a little gouda and parsley and served with grilled cheese.  Simmer it down and it makes an epic spaghetti sauce 😄

Oh that looks good.....AND it can double as soup....?!?!?!??! I'm sold! *hands over bowl*

For breakfast, chocolate strawberry milkshake today, chocolate/nut butter/banana milk shake yesterday. I love my immersion blender!

lunch/dinner: store brought fried/buffalo chicken, my own spinach potato bisque, and freshly made apple cider donut (I couldn't resist, the smell from the stand hit me as soon as I opened the door of my building to go outside.....). Mmmm, aside from that, lots of whole grain pasta with almond pesto cuz they are the easiest to make.

All I see is chocolate...chocolate...chocolate! J/k! 😛

That sounds yummy, last night I had rice; steamed grouper with ginger and green onion; chicken, baby bok choy, bbq pork, and scrambled eggs with onions.

Finished that off with tons of oranges!

So far today:

Breakfast--

-Odwalla Mixed Berry Shuffle Smoothie Refreshers (they're super light and yummy, they even have coconut water in them)

-Blueberry oatmeal with flax seed

Lunch--

-Lipton Cup of Soup Chicken Noodle (Sephoramusthave, you totally brought this craving on, luckily my coworker had pouches of soup mix on hand)

-BBQ/stir fry beef, my dad made this, it's cooked up with onions and a bit sweet, super juicy

-Fried, spicey white fish (it's cooked up with red pepper and jalepeno for a touch of extra heat)

lch.jpg

I've also got myelf a cup of Lipton's green tea with mangosteen!

That fried fish looks amazing!!!

yumm.jpgPillsbury crescents with rocotta cheese 😄

It is! The batter isn't crazy thick so when you bite down you're now just stuffing your face with fried goodness. They're cut pretty thin too!

Those crescents look delish, I had linguine alfredo with mushroom, broccoli, and chicken the other night and totally forgot to get crescents to pair with the meal!

I think I gained weight since easter...

too....much....chocolate....

No such thing!!! Shhhhh!!!! 😉

There's donuts here at work...I would normally resist, but there's my fave, a blueberry glazed, cake donut! And I'm not even normally a fan of cake ones!

swfupload_3800362260581793313.jpgI'm not a pastry person, but there's this place here called Round Rock Doughnuts, and OMG, I dont know what they put in those things but its the most magical doughnut ever.

Ohhhh.... O_O.....those look so fresh....and so homemade....and so delicious....

I would post a pic of what I am actually eating right now...but its kinda embarrasing...

I ate the top half of an easter bunny.

LOL, all he can do is hop, but not see!

sou.jpghomemade soup. 😄

Oooo, I see green beans, cauliflower, and carrots...parsley flakes...what else did ya put?  This makes me want to make soup again!

Yep! A few little pieces of chicken, alphabet noodles (yes I know I'm not a baby but even if I live to be 130 my soups WILL have these noodles!), little bit of salt and vegeta seasoning and potatoes!! Thats it 😄 Soup is the easiest thing in the world to make, take whatever you like/got and put it in a pot!

and everything (except the vegeta) is from the farmers market ;D

Yummmmm, and yes, soups are easy to make, and they're so filling and warming too! Great comfort food!

I shared my chicken noodle soup recipe a while back:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Off-Topic/Chicken-Noodle-Soup-Recipe/m-p/417425/highlight/true#M1023...

Alphabet noodles! You're the best! I think that made my day! By chance did you get any messages in your soup?? 😛

I dont know why, but I am looking at a top 100 list of oldest living people, and I found the oldest living american (113) and I found this article/video of her......and she's hillarious!!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/03/michigan-woman-now-the-oldest-person-in-us/2048...

You know, I didnt even look, I was so hungry!!

Exactly! Its weird to me how some people consider soup to be an "appetizer" because once I've had my bowl, I'm FULL. Just like hot tea/coffee fills you up, soup does the same thing 😄 And its pretty much the only way I get my veggies anyway. Not a veggie person 😞

5 Replies
testing