cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

It sounds like you've got a nice balance, Sephoramusthave! I'm a huge carb fan too! I believe the key is always keeping a balance regardless of what dietary path one chooses. I used to be super picky on veggies too, but I've become better, I still don't touch salads though! Strange enough!

I posted a recipe for chicken noodle soup before, let me know if you want me to send you a link!

I like salads but not if they contain meat or eggs. I love meat and eggs, just not in salad. Its weird to me. I'm European and we dont do salad like that. Cheese, like feta cheese, I love in salads. YUM. Thanks for offering me the link but I dont want to waste your time because I know that I would never use that recipe! I cook the way my mom taught me, and we have different recipes. I dont like American soup (the amount of salt...crazy!!). And there's either not enough stuff in there, or its too creamy/fattening. But thank you!!

Auntie Anne!!! omg, that is my weak spot, the closest one to me is in the mall where the closest Sephora to me is, so I always stop by both of those places. I think their jalapeno cheese pretzel dogs are my worst vice ever.

Yay cake! You know how a normal meal consists of meat, veggies and carbs (bread, potato, pasta etc). Well, the carbs category is replaced with cake the first semester I lived alone.....until I went shopping with my friend and he said "wait....you already finished 2lbs of sugar you brought last time???????"...and I recently discovered that cakes freeze pretty well, so I've been eating half a cake per month. =P

I dont usually have a sweet tooth but that cake was sooo good and not sickly sweet like most. I dont like to cook but I do cook because its healthier and eating out is pricey, but I dont bake. Thats something that I always always buy. I have a Auntie Anne inside my local drugstore (HEB plus) and I was there yesterday getting groceries and I got hungry lol. The jalapeno pretzel was hotter than I thought it would be (I dont usually eat spicy foods) but it was really good. I wish they didnt soak the food in oil before cooking it but I know that thats probably the reason why its so soft.

You have an Auntie Anne inside an HEB!??!?!??!?! Where!??!?!?! O_O That sounds amazing!!!! Gosh, I could get in trouble if the HEB by me had an AA, I would be snacking while grocery shopping everytime I was there!

Yep! Its a HEB PLUS, I dont know if you have one of those around you but they are a *lot* bigger than the regular HEBs. Mine has an Auntie Annes, a little boutique in there that sells sunglasses, purses, jewerly...its small but very packed. I almost bought a purse there once but the sales dude was too pushy so I backed away. I'm not the type that likes to be pushed. If I want something, I'll come to you. It also has a giant garden center, inside and outside, a big flower section, and an *amazing* beauty section. And they always always have a coupon section and coupons around the store. For example, last time I bought a Milani mascara because they had a $2 off coupon right next to it. For drugstore makeup I like Burts Bees, Loreal, Milani and Rimmel London. Its in Round Rock. I really love this grocery store because it has *everything* not just food. They also have an amazing book/magzine section and lots of sofas in the isle so you can sit and relax for a bit if you get tired, and then shop some more. I dont get tired easily but I do like to wear 4-6 inch boots. Love them but they are a killer lol.

I eat vegan at home and as close to vegetarian when I am travelling as I can find. Vegan meals are pretty hard to come by in some places, so I have to make do.. That being said, I've had great seafood all this week on vacation as the restaurant that serves the best food specializes in seafood and it's only once a year. I also had french fries with a lot of my meals because this place makes awesome ones! Today when I got home, I went back to vegan, I probably gained a pound or 2 on all that animal protein on my trip. Eating vegan/vegetarian helps me maintain my weight, even as I am getting older. Plus I can eat as much as I want of vegetables and vegetable protein and I do have an appetite!

You should definitely look up the shiritaki noodles I was talking about in a couple of posts below! They're made with yam flour (traditionally, but some varieties are made with tofu) and are next to nothing int he calorie department! It's perfect to still get your noodle fix without loading up on carbs!

Anonymous Insider

Have to admit I'm being bad because I'm in a hurry today, canned peaches, pizza rolls, and some toast with peanut butter for lunch.  When I was traveling the other day I had raspberries, bananas, pistachios, and jerky, with salmon, brown rice and asparagus for lunch and chicken gyoza for dinner.  I really need to start eating more like when I travel XD

Yum!!! Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts!

I pigged out last night, no lie. My family celebrated Chinese New Year a touch early and we had a meal of king crab legs, fried and peppered lobster, lobster sauteed noodles, crab fried rice, greens, steamed fish, sweet glazed shrimp with honey glazed walnuts, bbq pork pieces, and sauteed clams!

To top that off, I had a lychee and honey tapioca drink afterward!

My stomach was so full!

My lunch today is the same thing I posted up at the start of this thread (so many left overs), but for dinner tonight I'll be making baked chicken nugget bites with garlic and rosemary infused mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

*gasp*! Lemme celebrate with you guys!!!!!!!

Yeah, my parents are visiting me and wants to do stuff. But with this snow storm, I just pray I can make the 1hr drive safely tomorrow to the airport for pick up (then maybe reward myself with a small purchase at Sephora *ahem*.) and the 1hr trip back.

I do have frozen meat/veggie buns, dim sum, fruits and self made upside down banana cake with caramel walnut in the freezer, tho we might still end up picking up some frozen dumplings for Chinese New Year.

Eep! Drive safe! It sounds like you're in no shortage of good food at your place.

P.S. Dumplings make everything even better haha

oh my gosh you guys are making me hungrrrryyyyy!!!! and also homesick!  it's been ages since I've been able to celebrate Chinese New Year with my parents, they just live too far away.

beautytester I wonder if they are bringing you another 10 lb bag of tomatoes, hahaha

anyways DROOOLLLLLLL

@Drrragon. No, last time they drove, this time it's flying so no food.

Oh oh oh, do you Skype with your parents? If you both have computers with video camera, you can just leave the skype video chat on and eat lunch or dinner "together". That's what I do with my parents and they love it (mostly cuz I'm very curt on phone "Hi, I'm alive, anything new? you guys healthy? ok, bye.").

You should totally find a diem sum place and chow down!!!!! Nom nom nom!

wow, everyone here has such good eating habits, i find this thread a bit intimidating, lol.

I'm eating potato chips right now....when work stresses me out that's what happens....

I'm more into Doritos and peanut M&Ms than potato chips, I usually grab them for my 6-9pm meetings/classes.

Haha, eating healthy occasionally makes me feel less guilty about snowed in days like today, spicy ramen and oreos (without milk, so that's healthy, right?).

Haha, better add that milk for calcium, boom, back to healthy! 😛

No need to be intimidated at all! This isn't a place to judge, it's just to share and maybe even learn about new products or even recipes!

I wish I had some chips right about now, I love BBQ or blue corn chips. Yum yum! My friend showed me an awesome recipe of baking chicken dipped in egg (just egg whites if you want to be more lean) and rolling the pieces in crushed BBQ potato chips then baking them in the oven. This gives a nice crunchy texture without having to fry anything and you can serve them with various dipping sauces.

lunch.jpg

Today I had apples with "The Bee's Knees" peanut butter! It keeps me full and energized at work! 

I also love making oatmeal banana shakes! They are quick, filling, and delicous!

1 Reply
testing