cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I’ve been making so much soup lately!!!! 

@ather We do too. Soup especially good during winter. 

@blackkitty2014 Yum, Brussel sprouts look amazing! I love Brussel sprouts so much, I eat them at least twice a week 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

Thx you @RebeccaBT @ZakiyaBT 😍

@blackkitty2014 This looks amazing! I love brussel sprouts and that soup that you are making with the shrimp looks soo good. Thanks for sharing!

@blackkitty2014   Yum! I can almost taste the healthy through my computer. 🙂  Are the brussel sprouts stir-fried? 

@Ispend2much6 Yes they are. I used butter, melt it in medium heat and then toss in chopped sweet yellow onions, some Serrano pepper and then the Brussel sprouts. The butter is a bit bad but we normally have this dish with bake salmon or tilapia 😋 so I guess it’s okay 😂

@blackkitty2014  Thanks for bumping this thread I never knew existed! Bookmarking so I can post in it later. 

Also: I love Brussels sprouts, and I can almost taste that soup... put shrimp and chilies in almost anything and I’ll eat it. 😄 Your photos look delicious! And they remind me to buy more serranos and habaneros this weekend. 

@WinglessOne We live literally middle of nowhere 😘 so sometimes it’s easier to cook than going out. I’m a kitchen idiot who just started to cook about 2 years. So if you have any simple recipe please send it my way 😍 That soup is my version of Mexican 7 sea soup. I only put shrimp and octopus in there. And I love hot stuffs 🥰

These look so yummy @blackkitty2014! 🙂 I just finished some leftovers from last night and I'm hungry again just looking at these tasty dishes.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you @itsfi ❤️ We still have 1 and a half turkey with lots of left over stuffings 😂🤣 Today I made turkey spring roll with peanut sauce 😉

Test

Image may contain: food

Sirloin Steak Pad Thai.

Cedar Roasted Salmon.jpg

Cedar-Roasted Salmon with roasted thyme potatoes ,and green beans, and onions.

This looks amazing! 😍

It was delicious!

pork.jpg

Bone-In Pork Chop with Honey Mustard Cream. With miso-roasted fingerling potatoes and asparagus, topped with a lemony tomato and green onion garnish.

Ooo, miso-roasted??? I have miso paste at home and aside from doing soups or miso-honey marinades I've have done stuff with it for potatoes. This has me curious!

@lylysa It was pretty good. 

Oohh lala!  If I made that  my husband would say, "This is one of those box (subscription) meals, isn't it?"  Looks yummy and healthy!

@Ispend2much6 HAHAHA he would be right! I'd never heard of them until last month. 

5 Replies
testing