cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I forgot how long it took to make this roux.  

I won't complain when making risotto next time!  hahahaha!  That is only 30 minutes of stove whisking! 

WOW you cooking the most amazing stuff!!!

thanks, Jen!  

I am up so I will share some foods I am eating!

Soft Chicken Tacos! Was craving these.  Well, really the sauce. 

Tacos.jpg

I like skinless dark meat which I started with spices and fresh homemade sofrito.

tacos1.jpg

Spanish style tomato sauce with Mexican spices chili and cumin. Will use the leftover sauce to start the Tortilla Soup I am making today! 

tacos2.jpg

Ready to shred!

tacos3.jpg

Dat chicken....YESSSSSSS

Image result for daniel bryan yes gif

OMGGGGGGGGGGG @wheeeee you are killing me with all this DELICIOUS food!!! This looks amazing!!

NEED this recipe!!  And the others as well hahah But this I can make!!! We love Tacos!

@jen143xo  For your cookbook!!!!

Mexican corn.jpg

Mexican Street Corn with Shrimp and Grits. And Roasted Corn and Onions, and Lime Crema. Couldn't use the fancy china for this one. This was delicious! I don't know if the grits came out right, I've never had grits before. 

This china is just as fabulous and fancy...my eyes are actually torn at looking at the delicious food and the awesome plate! 😄

@lylysa Haha thanks. My mom is obsessed with horses.

Stuffed bell pepper. Stuffing had chorizo, quinoa, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, tomato sauce and cilantro.

stuffed-pepper-4-1-2017.jpg

That pepper looks so beautiful!

I love bell peppers stuffed!

Truffled.jpg

Truffled Demi-Glace Sirloin Steak with lyonnaise potatoes and peas.

Steak and potatoes my fave!!! This looks good and perfectly cooked! 

Drooling at this. Looks really good!

Steak and potatoes!!!! Can't go wrong!

P.S. Please continue the use of your fancy china, I want to see how long these images can last with those plates! 😄

That looks amazing! 😍

Last night I ran errands like crazy after work so I didn't have time to make a meal from scratch. Instead I grabbed the below from Costco and popped it into the oven...very satisfying! I have leftovers for lunch today!

Image result for costco ravioli lasagna

Image result for costco ravioli lasagna

My hubs wasn't appreciating my home cooking and I threatened to buy him frozen meals!

I did!  I got one of those Stouffers lasagnas to teach him a lesson.  When I tasted it.......was sooooo bland.

Was this good??? @lylysa

This is always delicious, I've gotten it many times before and the portions are quite generous. Since it's layered like a lasagna, more than often my bf and I can each get a helping (even seconds) and have enough to divy up for lunch the next day!

testing