cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

We get our grass-fed lamb from a shepherdess whose farm is about 3 hours away. The cuts we get are sometimes a bit uncommon (compared to store-bought lamb). Last night we had sliced steak made from obviously the lower part of the leg. The broiled steaks were served on dandelion leaves with some steamed broccolini drizzled with roasted walnut oil.

lamb-broccolini-2-12-2017.jpg

My eyes keep wanting to make some sort of order/pattern of the orange slices and blueberries lined up. It could just be me and my mind just wants to make more of it than it actually is, but how I do love that blue and orange contrast! ^_^

Thank you (I think) ;). I liked the contrast myself. I wanted to keep the orange away from the dandelion greens (although they taste great together) and have a color separation between the long ends of both dark green foods. (Actually it's a backward L as a secret code to the love of my life.)

Let the flavors mix when you're getting chowed down on 🙂

I love the color of your plates, now you need a green top to wear so you can look as vibrant as the produce you enjoy and share pics of! 

I do have some green tops.... hmmmmm... I wonder if I'll be noticed in the produce department if I wear it.

I feel like now I need to task everyone who chimes into this thread with wearing some bold top that corresponds with some food aspect and challenge them to get food-related compliments at the grocery store. 😛

This could be fun haha!

Shepherd's pie with mashed cauli... Or, what's left of it. 😄  ( I actually make mashed cauli for this dish the way I make cauli "crust" for my chicken pot pie because I don't like plain mashed cauli. I hate the taste of cauli just cooked in water, or steamed. Soooo, I go creative with it. 😛 And, it ends up really delish!!! Yum! )

sp.jpg

sp3.jpg

Tee hee, the "mash" was real "thick" on this side! Ain't it a beauty?! 😛

Mmmmm, I've totally been into mashed cauliflower as of late, this looks delish and I'll have to take note and use it atop shepherd's pie next time!

Yep!

upload_4285082407945683328.jpg

Love this haha This is so true!! I use soooo much garlic! 😄

@wheeeeeThis reminds me of you!!

Looked up "garlic gif" and it did not disappoint

Image result for garlic gif

Indeed!!!! Garlic is the best ever!

Did you gals hear the story of the woman who was making 40-clove garlic chicken and she accidentally used 40 bulbs? That's me. On purpose. ;D

Gimme all da garlic!!!! ❤️

upload_3248995781450935862.jpg

Judging garlic is judging you for not using all of the garlic

I like to imagine the recipe also has "repeated until your liking" behind the "one clove of garlic" bit....but it's written in the same color as the background of the paper its printed on so it's tough to make out. 😛

upload_2758978499260915291.jpg

True Story

Last night I did Chex and pecan crusted chicken strips! 😛

My bf likes to eat Chex cereal but he's terrible at letting a cereal get toward the bottom of the bag and leaving the remaining pieces left....all the broken parts/crumbs and not quite enough cereal to make a full bowl, so we ended up with two leftover bags of Chex. During the holidays my aunt gave me a bag of pecan pieces so I put two and two together as to not waste the Chex!

I sifted as much of the sugar crystals left on the Chex as I count and then crushed it all up, smashed up some pecan pieces, and mixed them all together. I added some Italian seasoned bread crumbs, pepper, salt, and garlic powder with it just to cut any residual/extra sweetness the Chex had.

I did a dredge and egg wash on the chicken strips, dipped them in my dry mix, laid them all out on a baking pan, and let em have their time in the oven.

I was nervous because I had my potato wedges in there at 425 and didn't want the chicken to dry out or the pecan pieces to roast into a crisp.....low and behold, I ended up having to clean the bottom half of my fridge out because a bag of meat I took out to defrost leaked its blood all on the shelf and down the edge of the fridge and all the way to the bottom. -_- I had to remove both bottom drawers and shelves and tackled the dried mess.....by the time I finished, the chicken was JUST right! *lucky lucky lucky*

The pecans gave a nice roasted nutty flavor with no burning, the check was so fine that it paired with the bread crumbs nicely and didn't taste like obvious cereal. 🙂

Great idea! I used crushed pork rinds in my various chicken coatings. Glad it turned out perfectly too!

I could have done without the cleaning mess, but at least it made me not go bonkers and check on the chicken too often!

testing