cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Judging garlic is judging you for not using all of the garlic

I like to imagine the recipe also has "repeated until your liking" behind the "one clove of garlic" bit....but it's written in the same color as the background of the paper its printed on so it's tough to make out. 😛

upload_2758978499260915291.jpg

True Story

Last night I did Chex and pecan crusted chicken strips! 😛

My bf likes to eat Chex cereal but he's terrible at letting a cereal get toward the bottom of the bag and leaving the remaining pieces left....all the broken parts/crumbs and not quite enough cereal to make a full bowl, so we ended up with two leftover bags of Chex. During the holidays my aunt gave me a bag of pecan pieces so I put two and two together as to not waste the Chex!

I sifted as much of the sugar crystals left on the Chex as I count and then crushed it all up, smashed up some pecan pieces, and mixed them all together. I added some Italian seasoned bread crumbs, pepper, salt, and garlic powder with it just to cut any residual/extra sweetness the Chex had.

I did a dredge and egg wash on the chicken strips, dipped them in my dry mix, laid them all out on a baking pan, and let em have their time in the oven.

I was nervous because I had my potato wedges in there at 425 and didn't want the chicken to dry out or the pecan pieces to roast into a crisp.....low and behold, I ended up having to clean the bottom half of my fridge out because a bag of meat I took out to defrost leaked its blood all on the shelf and down the edge of the fridge and all the way to the bottom. -_- I had to remove both bottom drawers and shelves and tackled the dried mess.....by the time I finished, the chicken was JUST right! *lucky lucky lucky*

The pecans gave a nice roasted nutty flavor with no burning, the check was so fine that it paired with the bread crumbs nicely and didn't taste like obvious cereal. 🙂

Great idea! I used crushed pork rinds in my various chicken coatings. Glad it turned out perfectly too!

I could have done without the cleaning mess, but at least it made me not go bonkers and check on the chicken too often!

Hello. Here's country rib with honeyed millet and blood orange segments.

rib-millet-bloodorange-1-24-2017.jpg

Blood orange!!!!!! ^_^

Tonight I made carmelized celery root with juniper salt and honey, along with something that's like a cross between a sloppy joe, chili and spaghetti.

celery-root-carmelized juniper-1-23-2017.jpg

Shepherd's Pie -- made in the slow cooker on a rather dreary rainy day.

shepherd-pie-1-22-2017b.jpg

Butter chicken with cumin-turmeric cauli rice tonight.

butterchicken.jpg

Buttah chickennnnn!!! 

Image result for paula deen butter

Bahaha! Well, mine, too!

That looks delicious! 😍

yummy!

Leftover BBQ ribs with quinoa/sprouted rice pilaf, steamed green beans and orange slices.

ribs-quinoa-rice--17-2017.jpg

This looks really good!!

This looks delicious, @DiVWA ! Yum!

I'm trying my hand some some simmered BBQ beef tips tonight, gonna make some more mashed garlic, parm, and asiago cauliflower! ^_^

Can't wait!

@lylysa, how did the mashed cauliflower turn out?

testing