cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Thanks! Hehe, I think it was Sangria or .... Baja Blast? One of those. It was pretty good!!!! I think they are exclusive to Taco Bell or something like that.

Lovely plating on these dishes. Congratulations on finishing your thesis and Happy New Year to you!

Thank you so much! I'm so relieved to have it over (for the time being). Happy New Year to you too! ❤️

Tonight on New Years Eve Eve we had leftover turkey over slivered chard and mashed parsnips with gravy on top.

leftover-turkey-12-30-2016.jpg

Ooo, mashed parsnips????

What's the flavor that they give off, I've gotta admit, I've never had parsnips too often to really recall. 

@lylysa, they are slightly sweet but not in a cloying way. Much tastier than mashed potatoes.

If you decide to try mashing them, it's best to cut out the hard core from the thicker upper part of the parsnip and to peel the parsnip. Dice it and then steam it in a covered pot over boiling water for about 15 minutes at least; use a fork to make sure the parsnip pieces are pretty soft before taking off the stove and mashing.

Mash with a touch of ghee or butter and then add a tiny amount of milk (dairy or soy or almond are all ok) until you get the creaminess that you want.

Looks tasty! I love parsnips! They are excellent mashed!

Tonight we had Cajun Beef Celeriac (Celery Root) Chili. This is a recipe from Inspiralized cookbook. The celery root is made into a rice by first spiralizing it with the spaghetti-cut blade and then briefly running it through the S blade of the food processor. The chili tasted quite good.

celery-root-chili-12-29-2016.jpg

More celery root! Yum! Umm... Imma need this one, too,  @DiVWA ! 😛

That is awesome! I need to get that cookbook!

Hello! Long time no see. 🙂

Just dropping this fantastic low carb and gf burrito pie casserole we had tonight. Mighty good! Super yum! Still want more! 😄

burritocasserole.jpg

2.jpg

Burrito Pie??!??!?!?!?

Recipe posted here, please????

@lylysa , @Anonymous ... Recipe is in spoiler now. 😉

Aweeeesome! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous Insider

I need this recipe @lyravega

mmmmmmmmmm

that looks tempting!

I ventured to mashed cauliflower the other night. 

I attacked it with a masher at first and wound up with more cauliflower rice, then double checked and found I needed to whip them in a food processor. I don't have one so I broke out the blender which worked just fine. I think I added a bit too much milk/heavy cream because it came out more like creamed cauliflower versus mashed. It was still yummy though, added some garlic butter and shredded parm! 

I'm looking forward to playing with the recipe more!

@lylysa, if you steam the cauliflower long enough, you won't have what looks like rice. If I plan to mash mine, I cut it in much smaller pieces than I normally would, and I steam it much longer, like 20 minutes at least. I wait until it's pretty much falling apart inside my steamer. Then I mash it with some ghee until it has no form left to it (except like mashed potatoes). Add a touch of milk for creaminess, but be very conservative in the amount you add. Over-steaming it this way means no food processor or other equipment (other than a hand masher) is required.

I'll have to definitely keep that in mind! Thanks, DiVWA!

Kalbi (beef flanken short ribs) with braised collard greens and millet pilaf.

flanken-ribs-12-13-16.jpg

For lunch we had a Christmas salad. Slivered chard massaged with roasted walnut oil; chopped celery, red onion, green onion and fennel; fresh cranberries; chorizo-flavored salami; and a drizzle of bourbon-aged maple syrup.

salad-12-13-16.jpeg

testing