cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

@AMHWKI, my husband brought these old plates into our marriage and since then, we've added to our collection. They survived the Northridge earthquake of 1994 and several moves since then. They hold up quite well. Glad it makes you nostalgic too! 🙂

ETA: We've got the very old Tupperware too! (No BPA used back then...)

That looks so good! Baked plantain? Mmmm!!!

Yes, baked plantain. My favorite nacho chip now. 🙂

Ooooo, yum! Love all the color! Are those purple onions added? Or red/purple cabbage?

I also love lots of color! Yes, those are purple onions in there.

Hehe, I'm eating a chicken ceaser salad in bed with the little one.  Nom nom nom nom!  image.jpeg

What a cutie to look at as you eat your chicken salad. 🙂

BABY HEARTS!!! 

Ah look at this precious one!! I have the same plates haha.

@lylysa ! Always a pleasure seeing you on the boards

Thanks, Malday! It's great seeing you and so many other familiar faces! 

What great taste you have;). I really love them!  They're the only dishes that just don't break!  Aaaaaand they're easy to replace if they do.  

*boop to his nose* 

I just chowed down and finished my lunch not long ago. Leftovers from last night, meat wasn't defrosted in time so I took the canned tuna route!

Tuna Casserole---

-6.4 oz pouch of tuna (I used the Chunk Light Tuna in water from Starkist)

-1/2 bag of egg noodles

-2 cups of chicken broth

-1 can of cream of chicken soup

-1/2 can of milk (I used the cream of chicken can as a measuring cup for the milk)

-1-2 generous spoons of sour cream (vary it to your personal tastes and preferences)

-Spices (I did some onion powder, Montreal steak seasoning, and some salt)

-Broccoli (chopped smaller)

-Mushrooms (chopped)

-Peas (I used the frozen kind)

-Shredded cheese (optional, I did some Asiago on top when it was complete)

Image result for skillet pan with lid

In a skillet (like the above), scatter in the dry egg noodles and lay down a layer of broccoli, mushroom, peas, and tuna. Add in 2 cups of chicken broth on top. In a bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, and spices until blended, pour on top of contents in skillet. Set stove at med/high (6 1/6 to 7 if your stove top dial has numbers), allow the skillet to boil for at least 5-10 minutes (should bubble, but not roll over top of skillet edge all chaotic-like) and stir a bit to mix contents, lower heat to low/medium (4 or 5) and let simmer for another 20-30 minutes (this will depend on if you want the casserole to be more "wet" or have the liquid evaporate and absorb down some). Once consistency is to your liking, turn off stove and remove from heat, add shredded cheese (if wanted) and let cool down so any extra liquid can further thicken up and absorb. Then divvy up and enjoy!

I've done variations on this casserole with things like chicken (add it into the skillet raw), used less egg noodles (in which case, adjust the chicken broth and cream of chicken soup mix accordingly as to not make it too watery), used rotini noodles, swapped the cream of chicken for cream of mushroom, and also added in frozen corn before so there's lots of flexibility with this!

14937315_10153953389552371_7032938902209422301_n.jpg

My first ever pie! Blueberry. Its not pretty. But I'm proud of myself.

Oooh, I think it's gorgeous!

It looks pretty enough for my liking!!!!!   😋😋😋

This looks seriously yummy. Don't be hard on yourself for how it looks! It's how it tastes that's important! 😉

Au contraire, @Samtian, this is a beauty!

What kind of fat did you use in the crust?

And most importantly, how did it taste?

It tasted delicous! Partially hydronated lard. 

^^^ Asking all the hard hitting questions!

And great job, Samtian! The crust edge has a beautiful color and I'm very curious on that green pie pan! How unique! 

@lylysa The green pie pan is from The Pioneer Woman, as brand Wal-mart has started carrying. They have really cute stuff. 

Nice! I'll have to check it out!

testing