cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Hello! Last night we had homemade pizza with gluten-free crust. This time I tried adding some pineapple juice to the crust recipe and it turned out really good. Also tried cottage bacon for the first time, which seems to be much better (less fatty) than ham would have been.

pizza-pineapple-9-23-2016EDIT.jpg

Looks good!   I like pineapple on my pizza. Keeps everything juicy! 

Do you make the crust yourself or just do a premade one? I haven't tried to bake a crust myself yet. I normally buy Udi's brand items. Your pizza looks tasty! Need to grab a snack now haha.

Yes I do, @RainbowRae. I've been experimenting with it for some time and have been happy with the latest version. It does require pre-baking. But it seems that adding a touch of juice made it get browner on the edges, which I really like.

I'm always on the lookout for new recipes that are pretty simple.  If you ever have any you want to share, I would gladly accept. I just had to remove more things from mine and my child's diet, so now I'm having to cook more from scratch again and find new meals to prepare.

When I took my kid to the doctor today, I saw some magazine called "Allergic Living" I think (something like that). I was like, "um I think I need this." I saw several recipes in there, but of course the second I'm getting into it and seeing what all was in there we got called in. I don't know if you've heard of it, but I thought I'd mention it.

I PM'd you.

Wok & Grill Night!  

Grilling/Sautéing/Simmering/Reducing/Boiling Brown Rice/chopping tons of garlic.

Who needs Take-Out?  Not us! Fresh at home in 30 minutes. 

Haricot Vert & Carrot in Chinese Brown 

Garlic Sauce

image.jpg

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken

image.jpg

Served wt Brown Rice

image.jpg

Wow this looks really tasty!

Is the Chinese brown garlic sauce spicy?

Glad to see you are posting here -- you are inspiring me to post again soon! 🙂

No, it is not.  I did add some red pepper flakes to balance the flavor.  (makes it stronger since it is homemade)

Please post!  I cook everyday for the hubs and if it was just me posting I would feel like I am spamming.  lol!  @DiVWA

Middle Eastern Lentil Soup finished with fresh lemon juice, cilantro and tons of garlic. Happy Belly!

I already miss you! Making another batch tonight. :')

image.jpg

This looks really good too! Is there a meat in this (not that it needs one)?

No, no meat.  Simple soup.  The flavor comes from the spices. Onions, garlic and for ground spices it is salt, pepper, turmeric, coriander, cumin and Turkish bay leaves. 

(carrots and potatoes, optional) 

Long cooking day!

Breading/Frying/Broiling/Boiling Pasta/Simmering Sauce/chopping tons of garlic/Shredding that Parmigiano-Reggiano 

Eggplant & Zucchini Parm----cheesy!

image.jpg

Chicken Parm--- My hub's portion is huge! Lol!

image.jpg

This is my first post even though I cook almost every night from scratch! 'Happy Belly, Happy Hubby'

Finally took photos of my Chicken 'Zoodle' Soup.

Homemade stock simmered with all-fresh ginger, garlic, lemongrass and topped with chili oil, lime juice and coriander for Asian flavor.

image.jpg

Spiralizing 'no-cook' Zoodles. This is only 1 zucchini.image.jpg

Omg this looks amazing!!!!

That soup looks delicious! I love soup! Was the Inspiralized cookbook helpful for you? I've yet to try spiralizing celery root, apples, etc. but am so psyched after reading that book and copying the helpful table in it.

BTW, spiralized carrots are super tasty under spaghetti sauce--they are very subtle in flavor, just as traditional pasta would be. Spiralized broccoli noodles under spaghetti sauce are also tasty although there's a very slight broccoli taste but not as strong as eating broccoli traditionally prepared. @wheeeee

I love soup, too. I find that this Asian flavored broth gives it a lot of flavor without many extras like salt, other spices or long cook time. It is a way for me to eat a lot of cooked veggies in one bowl. 

I normally eat 90% RAW but I cook for my hubs who doesn't eat RAW.  I just chop all the veggies/fruits and combine according to my cravings.

The spiralizer is FUN but it is more I guess if you post on social media or need veggie noodles. 

I love her book.  I hope to use her ideas more.

I want to try 'carrot-spaghetti-marinara.' 

She had this soup with spiralized carrots in her book. 

I need more zoodles in my life! They are fun & delicious.

@DiVWA

Another fruit-influenced dish. I sauteed uncured bratwurst with some chopped kale and whole blueberries, adding some cranberry juice, grape jam and gochujang hot pepper paste at the end. The blueberries melted into this rich, slightly sweet and syrupy sauce and stained the bratwurst a wonderful purple. I served some steamed amaranth grain on the side.

bratwurst-blueberry-amaranth-8-29-2016EDIT.jpg

Purple sausage!   How funny!

Hello! Tonight I made leftover smoked Saint Louis pork ribs with some cooked sprouted rice and steamed broccoli. I made a sauce to go over the ribs and rice consisting of pomegranate seeds (not small red beans as they may appear in the photo), cranberry juice, sugarless BBQ sauce, some bitters and a touch of tahini. It was pretty tasty.

pomegranate-sauce-ribs-8-28-2016EDIT.jpg

Stuffed eggplant tonight. Not a fan of eggplant, but this was super delicious!

It's a first timer. And I am very happy how this turned out. Definitely a keeper.

stuffedeggplant.jpg

yum.jpg

2 Replies
testing