cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I got mine at Amazon. There are several models there. Get one with at least three blades and that's easy to clean.

Chicken paprikash. Added some mushrooms, too. Mighty yum!

paprikash.jpg

Ultimate comfort food dish.  I also like dark meat.

Yeah, I don't care for white meat.

❤️ oh my that looks delicious!

Yum yum yum yum yum. Did I say "yum?"

Haha! Nope, you forgot to say "yum". 😄

Last few days... or so... 😉

Kraut ( whole head that I cut to pieces ) with smoked, dry, pork ribs. Roasted. Yum!

podvarak.jpg

This is an old photo, but it looks like this when you're ready to dig in ( except this one was with shredded kraut 😞

Podvarak.jpg

Okroshka ( cold, no-cook, refreshing summer soup made with fresh crunchy veggies ( radishes, cucumbers, scallions, carrots, celery... ) boiled eggs, bunch of dill weed... and yogurt. Or kvass. But, I can't use kvass as I'm gluten intolerant. 😞 )

okroshka.jpg

And polenta chili cobbler:

polentachilicobbler.jpg

That soup looks super good! I think I'll try that without eggs and use cashew yogurt instead of dairy. Awesome, thanks for sharing!

@lyravega Do you make Okroshka often?  Its a summer staple in my house in the summers. Accompanied with some potato perashki.  We make it with either dill or cilantro or mint and cucumber. I personally like it as a drink with shredded cucumber and mint. Very refreshing. I don't like kvass so I don't even mess with it. 

Quite often during the summer, @BrideSona . Very refreshing indeed! We don't like cilantro, so it is always with dill over here.

And, I was like... What are perashki? Piroshki! Duh. Haha, threw me off completely. 😛 Yeah... I don't make those anymore, either.... 😞

@lyravegawere your piroshki fried or boiled? Mine are always fried (learned it that way). Can't get enough of it! There is a piroshki bakery down the street from me. They make the fried ones. 

Do you make any bleenchik? (crepes stuffed with ground beef). 

Where is your home base? We might be close enough to have a okroshka and piroshki party! 

Yummy!  We make something similar- bake pork ribs or chops in sauerkraut.  But we always have to have mashed potatoes with it.

Yum.. especially the kraut. Not the soup though (I don't like cold or creamy soup).

Yeah, I don't like soups. Period. But, this one is yummy to my tummy. 🙂 I don't like liquid food in general... Unless it's a spritzer. Or a good hard cider. Or a mojito! 😄

upload_836997843402056427.jpg

Now, that's a kinda smoothie I could do daily! 😉

Hello! Dinner today was grilled grass-fed beef steak, with steamed broccoli and carrots. What's nice about grilling is that means I get the night off from cooking! 🙂

steak-broc-7-18-2016EDIT - Copy.jpg

*drools*

Tonight we had grilled wild king salmon with an apricot glaze, steamed broccoli and fresh blueberries.

salmon-broc-7-17-2016EDIT - Copy.jpg

Salmon is my favorite! That looks delicious!

It was pretty tasty! 😉

Yesterday's dinner, leftover ribs with cauliflower fried rice and kraut ( whole head cut into bite size ( or so ) pieces ) salad.

x.jpg

Hubby made some grilled pork chops and mushrooms today. Seriously delicious! *insert drooling smiley*

xxx.jpg

Holy guacamole salad, too. ( Not my fave, but whatever. As long as I can put my paws on those pork chops. 😉 )

holyguacamole.jpg

2 Replies
testing