cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Lucky!! I'm definitely going to have to find a time to get myself there soon!

You're lucky to LIVE there. I wish I could have stayed.

I can't disagree with that! 😉 haha. Glad you had a great trip!!

I can't. This is a dream. 

It was an amazing trip, paiute. Highly recommend. 🙂

YUM YUM YUM!!!! I like that your dinner picture is all empty plates haha! Food was THAT good that there was no time for a pic!

EXACTLY. 🙂

I always forget about off-topic, but today I didn't forget.

Lunch - 3 rib pork chop.  I inhaled it.

20150814_134155 (1024x576).jpg

My fiancé is drooling over my shoulder. Next time we are in Dallas, I know where we are going...

It is a giant piece of chop 🙂

Lylysa, not sure why I am unable to reply to you..hope you see this;

It IS Perry's porkchop!  You know your porkchops  🙂

Mmmmmm, that thing is a delicious beast! ^_^

Is this the signature Perry's porkchop????? O_O Because it sure does look like it!!!!!!

That looks amazing. I would eat the hell out of that right now. I also love the fact that nothing else comes on the plate... just chop.

You can see a bit of the mashed potato on the far side of the plate.  

Ain't nobody got time for that!!

On Friday's, this steakhouse has this as a lunch special for $14.  My friends and I are all over it.

Ah, yes.. I see the faint glimmer of non-meat products! Forget that business.. all about the chop.

This evening I fixed veggie sausage browned and sautéed with a 3 pepper, onion blend. Spanish saffron tagliatelle and polenta with a creamy sauce. The tagliatelle was overkill, but I really wanted to try them! I also fixed a baby arugula salad with sliced Asian pears, blue cheese crumbles and sliced almonds topped with a light garlic dressing. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last night I made soy glazed tofu and carrots with brown jasmine rice!

Anyway, I came here to post this pancake recipe I got online, would anyone care to experiment and get back to me with results??

"It’s time to treat yourself to the good stuff, babe. I’ve got a recipe for the perfect pancakes – I think you’re going to flip out (see what I did there?). And make note that that they’re gluten free and refined sugar free. Just not vegan, sorry chicks. (See what I also did there?)

What you’ll need:

1 cup of milk*

4 eggs

2 teaspoons of vanilla extract

½ cup of coconut flour

1 teaspoon of baking soda

1 tablespoon of honey

Pinch of sea salt

Coconut oil or butter (for frying)

*Substitute ingredients: cow’s milk, coconut milk or almond milk work well.

Method:

Make your wet mixture: whisk milk, eggs, vanilla and honey together. In a separate bowl combine flour and baking soda, add in the salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the wet mixture – stir together until it’s a smooth consistency. ‘Hurrah!’ You haven’t made a mess. Eat some congratulatory batter.

Batter up – you’re ready to bake, babe. Over medium heat, use a large non-stick frying pan and brush with oil or butter. Pour a small portion of batter onto the pan, once you see little bubbles appear – flip them over. It will take a few minutes to cook on either side. If you actually manage to master the flip – take a selfie. Instagram should probably know about this, right?

It’s time to enjoy your fluffy stacks of goodness. Serve with fresh berries, banana, lemon juice, or maple syrup. Eat up babe, it’s heaven on a plate."

Ooooo, if only I had coconut flower!

Your dinner sounds amazing! I did tuna and asparagus skillet casserole last night. Pho for lunch!

I have no coconut flour either.

I might need to buy a small bag for the heck of it.

For awhile, my goal was to find the perfect pancake recipe, then I realized I was eating too many pancakes. ha ha

Time to start again....

Hahaha. I actually don't really like pancakes so when I do make them I usually use other people as my guinea pigs.

testing