cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I think there's supposed to be a Earl Grey cheesecake or something like that in my future trips to LA?

I'm requesting this, too.

It looks so good and healthy...I already used my begging kitty gif so I'll save it for something more sinful..nom nom nom.jpg.

Earl Grey pie!

Spoiler
ep

I really do hope you come down one day though!

What I want to know is where is the rest of the pie and why is it not in mah belly! 

I was so close!

Earl Grey cheesecake sounds pretty good though..

So do those macaroons..

Once I get my head out of my butt, I think I'm going to have to do a tour of So. Cal and visit you!

Yay! And I'll let you know if I ever make it up north again! I'm due for a trip there anyway

Sounds like a plan, man.

Whenever you do, I'll even pick you up at SFO.

Now, I need to do research on places other than Sephora to take you...ha ha

I think you'd appreciate Haight St for many reasons..oooo....music, makeup and food.

Sounds good to me..

I've been, it's fun! I also went to the Mission District I believe, and some fancy tea place called Samovar haha. I didn't have really any time to spend in SF last time I went, I had to split it between there and the "nice" part of Oakland where my cousin lived. I'd love to explore more!

My bf and I have our sets of lightsaber chopsticks now and when we got them I thought of you!

I love wild rice!!! So much flavor!

Haha awesome! Which sabers did you guys get?

We got the green and blue versions of Luke's. Alllllmost splurged for the light up ones but skipped. I wore them in my hair for a drag show when I did some Princess Leia buns. 😛 Now they're washed and in my kitchen drawer.

So speaking of salmon (been seeing that pop up more and more), I had it too last night!

Bit of garlic butter, salt, pepper, onion powder, cooked in a pan super simple style.

Four decent sized salmon pieces, and I took half a can of cream of mushroom sauce, cut up more baby bella mushrooms, a generous scoop of sour cream, bit of milk, and shredded parm warmed and whisked together on the stove for a sauce ^_^

I'm getting the hang of cooking with gas after using electric for my entire life.

Today, I caught some salmon from Costco.

Wild Caught Sockeye Salmon. It was a beaut; a little over a pound and so fresh and tasty!!

I had plans of making pan fried potatoes but my little Yukons were sprouting and getting soft so I made rice for the first time on a gas stove and I didn't burn it!!

Squash is from the Farmer's Market..

dinner.jpg

Salmon:

Season salmon: I used a very little amount of salt, (Simply Organic, very different than the Goya version) Adobo Seasoning and pepper

Mince/Grate some garlic - put aside

Heat pan over med-heat, add butter to coat the pan and watch it bubble and turn slightly golden brown

Put salmon in the pan. (They say 10 minutes per inch of thickness. I think our piece took about 15.)

Add a little garlic.

Sear on one side for about half of the time (I started with the non skin side down) then flip it and cook the other side. (I used the lid to semi-steam it for a couple of minutes and added a little garlic at the end)

Squash: 

Cut Squash, Mince/Grate Garlic

Heat Pan

Add some butter, wait until its golden brown and add the garlic

Drop in the Squash

Season the Squash

Cook for about 5-8 minutes

Eat and Be Merry

I am totally making this recipe this weekend!! Looks delicious!!

Ooh salmon is one of my favorite foods! That plate is making me drool. I'd even eat those healthy veggies I'd never touch otherwise.

I take a big plate please! Sooo yummy:)

I meant to post this yesterday but got too busy. Anyways, Yesterday was Mac n Cheese day! So I made romano cheese with spaghetti noodles mac n cheese. 

DSCN0999.JPG

*Edited to add recipe. Credit goes to Food lovers odyssey.

Spoiler

Half pound spaghetti
About 6 cups well-salted boiling water

For the “sauce”:
About 1 1/2 cups (2 large ladles) boiling pasta water
1 tablespoon freshly, coarsely grated pepper, plus more for garnish
2 tablespoons butter
1 3/4 cups grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for garnish

Cook the pasta according to the directions for that brand. When the pasta is not quite cooked, about 3 minutes before you would normally take it out of the water, add the boiling pasta water, the butter and the pepper to a hot saute pan. Add the drained pasta to the pan and toss through the water mixture until the pasta absorbs almost all of the water. Remove from the heat, and add the grated cheese to the pasta. Quickly stir the cheese into the pasta. Place into bowl and garnish with more grated cheese and freshly grated pepper, to taste.

I edited my post to add the recipe. This is very peppery, if you are not crazy about pepper then I would definitely suggest reducing the amount of pepper used.

Love! It looks great and we need the cheese recipe! My grandma used to make mac n cheese for us all the time. She made it so much that she always ran out of elbow noodles and just used whatever kind she had.

Pasta heaven! Did you cut the romano cheese with milk or cream? Any seasonings? *needz recipe* 😄

The pasta water is used. Really the only seasoning is pepper, and salt from the salted pasta water. 

So creative!!!

I would so devour that...

1 Reply
testing