cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I know exactly what you mean! I'm kinda sorta in the same ( similar ) boat. English is my third language, and if I don't have a recipe in English already as it is, it is like a mission impossible for me to put some of my non-recipe recipes down in writing - in English! So, no worries, I totally get the situation. And, no! You definitely don't sound like an idiot! Don't even think that.

Now that I know what it is, I could google it... But, I won't. It is just gonna be a torture, because... I don't think this is something you could make with gluten free flours ( terrible gluten intolerance here! ).... I haz a sad.... 😞

upload_5330663595158378324.jpg

But, thanks a bunch for all the info! I'll just have to live through your pics of this yumminess! 😉

This reminds me of whenever I try to cook at my grandma's house. I guess it's the opposite problem, but she labels a lot of her spices in Spanish and I have to try really hard to figure it out sometimes haha. I see it as a good thing though, it's a way to learn! By the way, those buns look delicious bratknits! I might go grab some sometime this week if I get the chance.

I have a lot of kinda translated recipes.  My kimchi recipe in particular is a sort of hilarious read.  A family friend who immigrated from Korea made one of her sons translate a bunch of her recipes for me and there's either not or her didn't know an English/Romanized word for some things so he wrote descriptions of the ingredients.  His description of saeujeot gives me a giggle every time I pull that one out.

How did he describe it??

Tiny shrimps that smell like they've gone bad and are very salty.

So....I might have been really bad, but I might really not even give a hoot.

It was so worth it.

And I regret nothing

Satan.jpg

upload_1897544534214283758.gif

I want a bite 🙂 wait I take both pieces please 🙂 And should we have some wine with that lovely music in the background

Yum, Yum, Yum!

Umm, that looks so decadent...I want it! Gimme!

If I could, I'd send you a piece, but its very likely I would eat before I left the bakery. ha ha

This really should be illegal.

2 pieces was $10+ and it was totally worth.

Plus, there was 0 carbs involved.

Alden's Organic Ice Cream Chocolate Chocolate Chip

+

Talenti Gelato Roman Raspberry Sorbetto ribboned through it

=

Heaven???

rocky.gif

Anonymous Insider

Three Twins Salted Caramel!

Three Twins Salted Caramel is seriously the best! I have to ignore it when I see it in the freezer aisle or I will always want to buy it! I just tried their Mint Cookie ice cream the other day. It's pretty delicious, but I still prefer Salted Caramel. 😉 

<3, Randee
Anonymous Insider

The sandwiches are amazing. The man tries to tell me to eat half. Wat. No I bought the whole thing not half.

My cousin is back in town (he's in the Marines) and this is his last week here before he's off again, but my cousins and I are treating him to dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse.

I intend to channel my inner food-coma corgi after said-meal.

Anonymous Insider

My man is a marine! Tell your cousin Semper Fi and thank you for his service 😊

Have a great time, IyIysa, and thank him for his service.

Will do, ladies! Thank you both for the support! ^_^

*we dined ourselves stupid* 

I'm not really into sweets, but I do crave these once in a while... Tiramisu, too.

The pic is not mine, but they look just like this ( guess I didn't have time for taking photos, was too busy being all over them. 😄 ). Apple Cheesecake Bars. Yumm!

apple cheese cake bars.jpg

If you guys don't mind processed food ( from bags, boxes and cans ), and gluten... I do have a very easy to make version of this yumminess. If y'all want it, let me know. 

The way I make it for us is a bit more demanding for me to put it down into recipe in English... 😛

3 Replies
testing