cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I need these in my life.....they also have "Snakarola":

Give it to me! (Stephen Colbert)

Mmmm. My type of snack! Even has coconut oil instead of vegetable oils or seed oils like most snacks do!

Snackaroons...more like Gimmeawholebagofthem-roons

Good thing I didn't have couple bags of these at work. Otherwise, I'd devour them and gain 500 lbs to drown away my sorrow lol 🙂

Doesn't look fancy shmancy, but it's super yummy! Veggies roasted together with some chicken drumsticks.

( Bad lighting, sorry... )

Roasted Veggies and Drmstcks.jpg

Yum!

Bad lighting does nothing to hide the fact that looks delicious! Is that sweet potato and asparagus I see?

Nope, no sweet potatoes. Cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, onion and garlic.

Ahhh, okay, looked sort of like sweet potato fries for a second. Either way, yummy yummy!

We don't like sweet potatoes, so no sweeties for us. But, I think you can add whatever you like to this mix. I'm thinking about adding some broccoli next time. I don't like it, but I don't like carrots and cauliflower, either. But, this way - everything is so friggin yummy! So, I need to try broccoli this way asap! I just don't know should I add it near the end of the roasting process, or what? Broccoli is done in no time when you cook it, fry it, steam it... on the stove. I wouldn't wanna end up with roasted mashed broccoli... 😛

Brussel sprouts would work too.

I love making sweet potato fries, add some olive oil, rosemary, sea salt....ohhhhh yum!

Ohhh, I love Brussels sprouts. I usually roast them, or fry them, on their own. With some bacon, of course. 😄 I was thinking about adding them to this mix, too.

Lyravega, you and your bacon! 😉

upload_4241153285068291914.jpg

upload_281751807919224344.jpg

upload_2717754101492246672.jpg

This is Lyra:

bacon2.jpg

Just remember this, dearest...

eeekk.jpg

So conflicted about the piglet. Should I laugh or not? Hmmmm...... 😄

Chicken and veggies "Lo Mein" tonight. This was ultra mega giga delish! Definitely a keeper. We both loved it. I even didn't mind broccoli ( say waaah?! ), and my hubbz had fun taking photos of me eating that darn thing. Hilarious...

Chicken Lo Mein.jpg

Recipe in spoiler tag!

Spoiler

Chicken and Vegetable ‘Lo Mein’

Ingredients:

•8 ( or so ) skinless and boneless chicken thighs
•lard/coconut oil/butter/whatever cooking fat you use
•1/4 cup almonds, chopped
•1/2 cup water chestnuts
•1/4 cup green onion, chopped
•1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half ( I used wild mushroom mix because that's what I had on hand. And, I used much more than just 1/2 cup. We LOVE mushrooms! 😛 )
•1/4 cup celery, chopped
•1 tablespoon minced ginger
•1 tablespoon minced garlic
•2 cups broccoli
•1/2 head of medium-large cabbage, shredded
•Toasted sesame oil
•Coconut aminos ( or tamari soy sauce )
•Sesame seeds to garnish

Process:

1.Clean all vegetables and trim fat from meat (if applicable).
2.Cut broccoli, chicken and mushrooms into bite sized pieces.
3.Shred/thinly slice cabbage.
4.Chop almonds, green onion, celery; mince garlic and ginger.
5.Heat wok over high heat.
6.Add lard/coconut oil/butter/whatever you use ( just NOT the sesame oil! ), swirl to coat bottom of wok, then add meat.
7.Cook meat until mostly cooked.
8.Add in broccoli, water chestnuts, celery and shiitake mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes
9.Add in almonds, cabbage, ginger, green onion and garlic. Add a splash of coconut aminos (2-4 tbsp). Cook 2-3 minutes, until cabbage softens a little.

10.Add a (generous)splash of toasted sesame oil, mix well and remove from heat.
11.Garnish with sesame seeds, and enjoy!

That looks super deeeeelicious!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe! I think it's fun that you subbed the noodles for the cabbage!

It was so good with the cabbage, I don't think I'm gonna need noodles ever again. 😛

seriously.gif

Seriously?

You lie!!

6 Replies
testing