cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Look what's baking in the oven right now. Who knows what this is? I bet Diva does. 😉

Can't wait for this baby to be done. Looks so good!

mhm.jpg

Aaaaand, ta daaaaa!

Polenta.jpg

This looks yummy! You put so many goodies inside! The bacon was no surprise. 😉

I hope that you like it as much as we do. Be sure to put it on top of whatever you're serving this with, not underneath!

It was yummy. I was busy with so many things at the same time, so I never made any sauce... We had it with a plain yogurt, and it was great!

Thanks for the recipe. 😉

Anonymous Insider

This looks fantastic! I think if I sent this to folks back home they would put sausage gravy on it in addition to the bacon! 😄

I'll take "Polenta" for $300!!!!!

😄 What all did you put in it?

$300 for you it is! 😄

I'm a bit "traumatized" by squashes, so I put a lot of goodies in to try and "kill" the squashiness. 😄 ( Even though I do trust Diva when she says it is the least squashy squash of 'em all squashes... But, the "trauma" is strong! 😄 ) So, the goodies I put in the polenta are: bacon ( Well, of course! What else is new... ), sun dried tomatoes, scallions, garlic, Parmesan, spices, herbs, hmmm... whatever I had on hand! 😄

I'm enjoying some shrimp, scallop, squid, avocado, and veggie ceviche right now.....LOOOOOOVE IT!

Last night I decided to try something new with the steak cubes I have. Normally it's stir fry or even roasted but I decided to do chicken fried steak nuggets! It came out real well and I can't wait to try it again to tweak the steps.

Here's a good ballpark of what I did:

-About a pound of steak cubes/beef tips

-Cup of flour (I used whole wheat)

-1 egg

-Splash of milk

-Salt

-Pepper

-Onion powder

-Canola oil (for frying)

1. Start off by dredging the meat lightly in flour.

2. Beat egg and a splash of milk together.

3. Combine salt, pepper, and onion powder per your own taste preferences into the remaining flour.

4. Dip meat into egg/milk mixture.

5. Transfer meat to seasoned flour and coat evenly.

6. Heat up oil on medium heat in a pan on the stove.

7. Once oil is heated, evenly space out meat into the oil (I like to use chopsticks to drop in and place the meat so I can keep a nice distance between me and the hot oil).

8. Cook until batter is even and brown on both sides (recipes I referenced said for actual full steaks or patties to do 5 mins on either side, but since these are smaller pieces I found I could flip over faster).

9. Move cooked pieces to plate with a towel to absorb oil and repeat process with remaining pieces.

10. Once cool enough to eat...ENJOY!

I made a super easy mushroom gravy to go alongside it too:

-1/2 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup

-1/4 cup of milk

-Salt

-Pepper

Heat everything up on low/medium heat, whisk together so milk and soup are well blended, season to taste.

I didn't get a chance to cut up fresh mushrooms and simmer them into the sauce like I wanted. 😞

Feel free to add in more seasonings to the batter or gravy if yall decide to try this recipe out!

Tonight we had taco soup and berry-kiwi fruit salad. The taco soup cooked all day in a slow cooker and contains pretty much what would be in a taco, minus any cheese or tortilla.

taco-soup-3-4-2015aEDIT - Copy.jpg

fruit-salad-3-4-2015EDIT - Copy.jpg

Yum! Yum! Yum! I'm home now so i run over now 🙂

Okay. I just wanted to share this cuteness with you guys. It's a channel where they make miniature food. Using miniature everything. ❤️ 

I have miso paste at home and love using it when making broths/soups for my shiritaki and soba noodles!

There's something soothing about watching this, although there's too much time spent slicing the cheese or tofu or whatever that white stuff was.

Makes me think of the tiny hamster eating things...

Google the videos, there's even one versus Kobiyashi!

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

BlackWhiskey, this is for you....veggie pizza chow time!!!

I can't get enough of searching hamsters eating tiny food!

oh god cute little animals eating cute tiny food with their cte little paws >_<i cant take it! 

you should look for the cute pancake video from this channel.. I almost died from cuteness, haha

Anonymous Insider

It was the tofu for a miso.

Looks like me slicing baby carrots for casserole.

Spoiler
I quarter them and make a little less than qaurter inch pieces. Drives my husband nuts, but I otherwise find the carrot takes too long to chew. Aggravates the TMJ after a while.

IMG_5098.JPG

Made turkey meatballs the other day, which turned into turkey meatball paninis!

The paninis included meatballs, tomato basil sauce, arugula, grilled red onion, provolone and prosciutto on ciabatta bread!

I need some good gf paninis in my life right now!

testing