cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Ooo ooo ooo, please do share once you find the recipe!

Does it have a slight green tint to it, or is that my monitor? I'm sure it was good..

I don't remember it having green tint to it... Maybe it's just lighting, photos, who knows what... But, then... It was some time ago, and I don't really remember such details, so I can't really confirm anything...  I'll let you know after I make it again. Why you ask? You no like lil green sumtin sumtin in your chocolate? 😄

Homemade shrimp pad thai. Made a few substitutes (macadamia nuts for peanuts, sunflower sprouts instead of bean sprouts).

IMG_1141.JPG

That looks seriously delicious! It looks like it's straight from an Asian restaurant. Nice presentation! 

<3, Randee

That looks delicious, recipe? 

Google "Domestic Man pad thai." Should be the very first recipe. 🙂

This looks awesome!

Thanks! 🙂

I didn't soak the rice noodles long enough, so they were a little firm, but the flavor was great.

Should not have browsed this thread during lunch hour. >_<

It was raining today so naturally I needed an entire flight of ice cream. 

From L to R:

Black Olive Brittle & Goat Cheese

Avocado & Strawberry Sherbet

Almond Brittle with Chocolate Ganache

Stumptown Coffee & Compartes Love Nuts

I'm totally up for trying all new foods once, so even though I'm a little skeptical of how the first one would taste, I would totally try it. I actually really like olives and goat cheese, so...hm. Does it taste savory, in a way?

I wasn't sure what to expect from the first one but it was the best of the flavors I tried. It has a savory quality to it but it's definitely a dessert. I'm having a really hard time finding the words to describe it. It's not overwhelmingly sweet and it still has that tang from the goat cheese. I feel like it's one of those things you just have to try.

Olives and cheese are two of my favorite things! Where did you acquire these savory ice creams? They look intriguing! 

<3, Randee

From Salt & Straw in Los Angeles. There are also three locations in Portland that have different flavors 🙂

How very bizarre and intriguing.

I'd try them all.

I love avocados, not sure about avocados and strawberries, but I'd eat it.

mmmm...ice cream on a rainy day

Anonymous Insider

Avocado ice cream is very creamy and coats your whole mouth with something that should be compared to eggnog in texture! So if you've had the pleasure, it is more like gelato. Most people automatically think guacamole, so it does seem like a turn off.

These look amazing! yum!

I think I'd love the first one the most

The first two....what??? 

Trust me, the first one was AMAZING. As for the avocado one the strawberry was a little overwhelming in it. I mean if you think about it avocados are already kind of creamy and sweet, it makes sense to turn it into sherbet! haha.

1 Reply
testing