cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Tonight....we feast on fresh CRAB

crabfeast.png

CARBS!!! Mmmm..... My favorite food! 😉

Carbs...crabs...heck, gimme dem all!!!!!!!

Just carbs for me, no crabs, thank you. 😄

Last night my bf and I did a joint effort for dinner. He cooked up some chicken breasts cut into pieces with half a can of cream of chicken soup, lemon pepper, and Montreal steak seasoning while I prepared two boxes of :

We steamed some baby bella mushrooms and broccoli and once everything was all cooked we dumped it all together into this chicken, quinoa, millet, amaranth, veggie mix. 

To DiVWA, after our quinoa convo a few pages back I made a trip to Costco and saw the above (came with boxes of a butter parmesan flavor too) and decided to give them a try. No sandy/gritty bits and it's my first time having white quinoa instead of red. 

Those grains look tasty! I'll have to look for them next time I go to Costco! 

<3, Randee

Montreal steak seasoning is the best!! When I started dating my husband he kept talking about his mom's Canadian steak recipe.  I asked her about it after some confused faces and going through her spice cabinet we realized he meant that steak seasoning.  He thought it was some kind of secret family recipe!! 

Ha ha!

My bf is the one who introduced me to it, I don't mind working and adding in a bunch of separate spices but he's more of a "one and done" kind of guy so he likes using it. We buy the bigger containers at Costco or Sam's and just refill the smaller shaker bottle:

I was "cleaning" out the fridge today, and threw this stir fry yumminess together. Butter, onion, garlic, ground beef, shredded savoy cabbage, riced cauliflower, diced jalapeno peppers, spices, tamari soy sauce, sesame oil... YUMM! It's a keeper.

COTF4.jpg

I had some ground beef "leftovers" from yesterday. Yesterday I made this hearty beef and veggies soup. Carrots, celery, tomatoes, onions, sweet potatoes... and beef. 🙂

Hearty soup.jpg

Beef and veggie soup sound sooo good right now! Did you add any broth base to this or merely just have the beef and veggies boil down into water?

Some beef broth, yes. But, mainly water. I simmered this for about 40 minutes, so I think that broth wasn't even necessary. Everything boiled down into water. Plus, I mashed those carrots and celery, and mixed them back into the soup again ( I don't like to see all those veggies, otherwise I'm not gonna eat it the soup. So, I kinda had to mashed as much veggies as possible. I'm worse than kids when it comes to veggies, but at least I know how to "trick" me! 😄 ) so the soup was really nice, rich and creamy almost.

Haha, I'm sort of that way with veggies. For example, on burgers....get that lettuce, onion, and tomato off my burger! But I'll eat veggies in soups, but prefer them boiled down to where they're quite soft. 

Haha! Finally! I'm not alone, I'm not crazy! There's more of us out there! Yaaay! 😄

Yep, I'm like that, too. Just give me the meat, and keep your stinky veggies! 😛

But... I'm on the mission to try and sneak as much healthy veggies as possible into our food... Aaand... So far so good. I realized as long as I don't see them, and they're not in big chunks, I'm good. 🙂

I've gotten a lot better, I've learned what few veggies I like and eat those. I'm a fan of broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, potatoes, bok choy/gai lan (some Asian veggies), and spinach for the most part.

Cucumber I'll only do in sushi rolls or the cucumber salads drizzled with slightly sweetened rice vinegar served at Japanese restaurants (I've gotten to make them at home too). I'll do avocado but in the avocado crema sauce my bf makes (avocado mashed in sour cream with some chili powder, salt, and pepper) but not guacamole (I know, I'm particular). I'll do a small amount of lettuce and tomato on tacos but I don't touch traditional salads or veggies on burgers. Peas, carrots, and celery I'll do boiled down in soups, but as is...nope nope nope. 😛

I need to do mashed cauliflower, I know it ends up with the consistency of mashed potatoes and you can even put it in a food processor to make a rice substitute. 

Yep, I make riced cauliflower all the time, and use it for so many things! I'm not even a fan of cauliflower, but I like it that way. The possibilities are endless.

Now, mashed cauliflower... I don't really like that... But, that's because I don't really like the taste of cauliflower. ( I only really like it fermented! Now, that's friggin delicious! ) But, if you do, you're in for a nice side. I tried to "mask" it with some carrots, today. Spices, herbs, butter, sour cream, too... But, it didn't really work for me.

I'm not a fermented fan 😛

My bf on the other hand does. 

So you've tricked yourself again, huh?

These look so, so good.

That stew/soup is calling my name, ED....(erectile dysfunction is all I see with it abbreviated..ha ha)

I'll eat your stir fry too.

Good thing I'm so far away from you. ha ha

Yep, hehe, I did it again! I tricked myself again into eating veggies. This time I mashed as much veggies as possible ( minus the sweet potatoes ), so I don't see them. I'm so proud of my self eating all these yucky veggies like a big girl! 😄

I still have some leftovers... if you're not gonna finish them, I think I'm gonna try to put them in the freezer. I had enough soup, don't wanna see it for some time ( not a big fan of soups, either ). 😛

Oh, that stir fry was absolutely fantastic! Oh. my. yumminess!!! I couldn't stop eating it!

Our farmer's market is back in town after a short winter break and I've got plans for a strawberry shortcake in the very near future. mmmm...

No pictures today, but I did have a really great, relatively healthy, local bread. German Farm Bread.

I really like this stuff and it seems so very simple.

"Nature's Ingredients:"

Unbleached wheat flour, whole wheat flour, rye flour, water, fresh yeast and sea salt.

per slice

Spoiler

Calories 62     Calories From Fat 0

Total Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0g

Sodium 122mg

Total Carbs 12g

Dietary Fiber 2g

Sugars 0g

Protein 2g

Vitamin A, C and Calcium 0%

Iron 1%

So, that is the good......now, on to the bad...

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies.

Now, since the ingredients are listed and there is no nutritional table, then these are healthy, right? Right? RIGHT?

So now, I think I must have a cookie with coffee....

testing