cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Haha! Finally! I'm not alone, I'm not crazy! There's more of us out there! Yaaay! 😄

Yep, I'm like that, too. Just give me the meat, and keep your stinky veggies! 😛

But... I'm on the mission to try and sneak as much healthy veggies as possible into our food... Aaand... So far so good. I realized as long as I don't see them, and they're not in big chunks, I'm good. 🙂

I've gotten a lot better, I've learned what few veggies I like and eat those. I'm a fan of broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, potatoes, bok choy/gai lan (some Asian veggies), and spinach for the most part.

Cucumber I'll only do in sushi rolls or the cucumber salads drizzled with slightly sweetened rice vinegar served at Japanese restaurants (I've gotten to make them at home too). I'll do avocado but in the avocado crema sauce my bf makes (avocado mashed in sour cream with some chili powder, salt, and pepper) but not guacamole (I know, I'm particular). I'll do a small amount of lettuce and tomato on tacos but I don't touch traditional salads or veggies on burgers. Peas, carrots, and celery I'll do boiled down in soups, but as is...nope nope nope. 😛

I need to do mashed cauliflower, I know it ends up with the consistency of mashed potatoes and you can even put it in a food processor to make a rice substitute. 

Yep, I make riced cauliflower all the time, and use it for so many things! I'm not even a fan of cauliflower, but I like it that way. The possibilities are endless.

Now, mashed cauliflower... I don't really like that... But, that's because I don't really like the taste of cauliflower. ( I only really like it fermented! Now, that's friggin delicious! ) But, if you do, you're in for a nice side. I tried to "mask" it with some carrots, today. Spices, herbs, butter, sour cream, too... But, it didn't really work for me.

I'm not a fermented fan 😛

My bf on the other hand does. 

So you've tricked yourself again, huh?

These look so, so good.

That stew/soup is calling my name, ED....(erectile dysfunction is all I see with it abbreviated..ha ha)

I'll eat your stir fry too.

Good thing I'm so far away from you. ha ha

Yep, hehe, I did it again! I tricked myself again into eating veggies. This time I mashed as much veggies as possible ( minus the sweet potatoes ), so I don't see them. I'm so proud of my self eating all these yucky veggies like a big girl! 😄

I still have some leftovers... if you're not gonna finish them, I think I'm gonna try to put them in the freezer. I had enough soup, don't wanna see it for some time ( not a big fan of soups, either ). 😛

Oh, that stir fry was absolutely fantastic! Oh. my. yumminess!!! I couldn't stop eating it!

Our farmer's market is back in town after a short winter break and I've got plans for a strawberry shortcake in the very near future. mmmm...

No pictures today, but I did have a really great, relatively healthy, local bread. German Farm Bread.

I really like this stuff and it seems so very simple.

"Nature's Ingredients:"

Unbleached wheat flour, whole wheat flour, rye flour, water, fresh yeast and sea salt.

per slice

Spoiler

Calories 62     Calories From Fat 0

Total Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0g

Sodium 122mg

Total Carbs 12g

Dietary Fiber 2g

Sugars 0g

Protein 2g

Vitamin A, C and Calcium 0%

Iron 1%

So, that is the good......now, on to the bad...

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies.

Now, since the ingredients are listed and there is no nutritional table, then these are healthy, right? Right? RIGHT?

So now, I think I must have a cookie with coffee....

COOKIE!!!! 

Anonymous Insider

C is for cookie! I am over 30 and I still sing this song.

The only difference with and that gif is that I eat MUCH MORE than just ONE cookie.

A most creative loophole.... those look decadent. Did you save one for me?

My dad's lucky that he got his share! ha ha

They are really really good.

This picture really does not do them justice, they are the perfect chewy consistency with an almost crunchy, crumbly outer layer. And there's peanut chunks in them.

Ooo, and the chocolate, it is dark and yes, decadent is the perfect word to describe it.

So good.

I wonder how much they weigh, next time we get them, I'll put 'em on the scale..

And how much did you weigh after eating them? 😉

Dark chocolate is my favorite!!!!

Dinner tonight was homemade vegetable soup. It contained roasted celery root, onion, carrot, garlic and beef soup bones, combined into a broth containing black beans, slivered savoy cabbage, sliced celery and some quinoa-rice pasta.

veg-soup-1-212-2015dEDIT - Copy.jpg

I don't need a spoon, I'll just take that bowl as is!

Guess who's coming to dinner!

This looks so good..

My dinner consisted of meatloaf, green beans (drizzled with some roasted hazelnut oil), and some banana.

Now the meatloaf, this was my first time making this so I pretty much followed the recipe, although I did make a few changes. (I rarely faithfully follow a recipe unless it's for a dessert item.) This is the most nutritious and yet yummy meatloaf I've made yet. It has shredded beets in it--yes, beets. I used the deepest purple ones I could find (they are the healthiest of all the beet types). Other ingredients include ground beef, some chopped fresh mushrooms, and a little bit of bacon.

I don't really like beets at all -- that weird taste is something I haven't been able to get used to--so was a bit skeptical that the meatloaf would taste good. But get this, no beet taste. It's a very rich red-purplish hued meatloaf, which would taste great anytime but is also something that could be served as part of a themed dinner for Valentine's Day or Halloween or Christmas (the latter with some greens on the side). What a great way to get beets into your diet!

beet-meatloaf-1-11-2015cEDIT - Copy.jpg

Beets.jpg

I'm not a fan of the taste of beets either so it's good that you mentioned how there's no awkward taste to this with its incorporation. Love all the color of your meals!

OK, you are like the most creative home chef I've run across in a long time!

3 Replies
testing