cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

I don't know. Never tried. I usually just add the 1/2 cup then once that is almost completely gone add another 3/4 cup.

Gotcha, I figured as much but wanted to make sure I didn't assume.

I'm very excited for cooking tonight! 😄

Last night, we had Crab Spring Rolls that my dad's friend's lovely Vietnamese wife makes and they were fantastic! There was lots of crab meat, some type of cabbage, those see-through looking short noodle-thingies, mushrooms, shredded carrots and some other things.

I wish I had pictures, but even if I did, they would not show the true deliciousness of the meal...

Your dinner sounds super yummy.

Do you like pho? We have a bunch of Vietnamese restaurants around here and I can't get enough pho.

Plus the iced coffee!!!!

I haven't tried pho yet.

I'm really not to sure about a good place around here and I don't want my first experience to  be somewhere not so good. 

Ditto what Lylysa and SocialQuota said!

Haven't tried pho?!?!??!??!!!!!!

I'm echoing what TheSocialQuota said, ask around for places and recommendations. Pho is one of those dishes that it can come from a hole in the wall looking spot and be the best around.

The best pho I ever had came from a trailer/temporary building run by a family who hand-makes the noodles and stays open only until they run out, then they close until the next day. It was so cramped in there but man oh man, the service was great and I got my food soooooo fast! It was soooo delicious! 

There's another pho spot my bf discovered, run by a man and his wife and they make their own chili sauce fresh and deliver it in little dishes with the bowl of pho and that stuff is POTENT. A little bit goes a looooong way, I won't even touch the chili oils/mixes at other places because I know it won't compare.

One thing I always look for in pho though is the clarity of the broth. If there's lot of oil spots or fat at the surface I'm a bit turned off.

Anonymous Insider

Good pho is not to be missed. Ask around, I'd be shocked if there is not someplace around you to get a decent bowl. They better serve you fresh cilantro, shredded carrot, jalepenos, and bean sprouts to add to your bowl too. Pho is the only time I crave a beef based broth. oooh with a squeeze of lime, ah, devine.

Homemade?!?!?! Crab?!??!??!

Hahah, I believe photos are missing because they were consumed too fast before you could snap a pic!

True Story!

I barely allowed them to cool down before I devoured them. ha ha.

And not to brag too much, we had fresh crab tonight.

My dad's friend went out yesterday to put some puts out before the big storm, tomorrow night, and he brought us 4 crabs today because he is all that is good and wonderful!

Friday night my boyfriend surprised me by making chicken tikka masala. He doesn't even like Indian food, but he made it because he loves me. Heart It was a wee bit spicy, but it was still really good!

We followed up Indian food with the movie Hundred-Foot Journey, which was really cute. 

1505593_837745579616811_12383669767519415_n.jpg

Yummmmmmmy, so much sauce! ^_^

Your bf is so sweet for making that!

It was really good! I liked the gravy a lot. He is a sweet guy! 😄

Gravy = one of the best things ever in the world

True story

I definitely agree!

Your man is very sweet, this dish looks delicious

Thanks! He is really sweet. And the masala was delicious! 

Bumping this up by sharing a somewhat simple lunch. Steamed cauliflower with leftover diced maple-baked ham and some roasted hazelnut oil drizzled over the top.

Maple.....baked....ham.....

Have you ever mashed your cauliflower to where they looked like mashed potatoes? I've yet to try this but I found and shared a recipe for a friend who needed a way to get her husband and daughter to eat more veggies (but both are super picky) and they gobbled it up without realizing what it actually was.

Anonymous Insider

Oh yeah, I've done that with cauliflower AND cooked kale. Kale + mashed potatoes. YUMMMMMM

I am sad about my old Cusinart, there were parts of the lid I couldn't clean since they were enclosed so we got rid of it. Have been on the hunt ever since.

1 Reply
testing