cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Tonight I have salmon to work with...not sure what exactly I'm planning to do. More than often it either gets baked or blackened on the stove. My job's Thanksgiving pot luck is coming up so I'm going to be grabbing ingredients for some cake-like cornbread tonight. 

I wish I saw this earlier...

I could have given you a very simply pan-fried recipe...with pan fried potatoes.

20141007_170010.jpg

Pan-Fried Potato Recipe

Spoiler

Pre-heat a large pan and add olive oil, then the butter. Let the butter bubble and turn gold.

Add some caraway seeds, lower the heat, and let them sizzle and smell, then add some dried rosemary, ground sea salt, peppercorns, coriander, onion, garlic, paprika and chili pepper, (I use this fabulous mix from Trader Joe's called Everyday Seasoning with Grinder; product of South Africa).

Make sure the potatoes are dried off (after you sliced them to your desired thickness, of course) and add them to the pan. I usually keep it on medium heat and let them cook on each  side for about 10-1`5 minutes minutes.

Flip them and add some dried thyme or whatever you want...I'm not eating it. (ha ha ha. Has anybody seen B.i.t.c.h.in' Kitchen?) 

Let them cook for about 5-15 minutes more, depending on size, amount, et cetera...

Pan-Fried Salmon Recipe

Spoiler

In a hot pan (med. high heat) add olive oil and....butter until it bubbles and sizzles and starts to turn golden brown.

Add some of the Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning (or anything else) and ground thyme.

After drying off any excess wetness with a paper towel, then, Pow! throw that fish on the pan, skin side up.

Depending on the size cook for about 4 minutes on each side. 

I had to cut this sucker down and still had to cook it for about 6 minutes on one side, then I flipped it, placed a piece of foil paper over it and "steamed" it for about 4-5 more minutes.

I ended up just seasoning them a tad and baking them (lazzzzzzzyyyy night), but I'll for sure have to go with these recipes soon! I'm always looking for yummy tater recipes too! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for this recipe! I think I will be having some pan-fried salmon soon! 🙂

Speaking of salmon, I was wondering when I should release this picture...

It was from a few weeks ago and it was caught fresh that day...

20141007_163923.jpg

Eeeekkk!!! It was HUGE. The picture does not even do it justice..

Please slap me with that salmon...I'll catch bites of it, I promise! 

O_O

ha ha ha

Monty Python had to make a visit for that one

Anonymous Insider

No photos, but, Coopers Hawk restaurant here does a Chocolate Pretzel Bread Pudding. My resident chocoholic wants two servings to himself next time instead of splitting one.

That sounds decadent! 

Last night I had a craving for a chocolate covered ice cream bar and my bf was sweet enough to go out in the cold to them for me! ^_^

How sweet, double sweet!

I know, he spoils me!

Mmmm ice cream on a chilly night is so good for some masochistic reason.

What a wonderful boyfriend you have..

You sure deserve somebody at least half as special as you are, IyIysa.

Thanks, Evangeline! 😛 He got himself some cookies n' cream ice cream while he was out and some moolenium crunch for us to later share too.....nothing like being bundled up with a blanket on a couch on a cold night....WITH ICE CREAM! 😛

I submit a 'what's in your glass' category 😄

Pumpkin spice martini. Delicious. No regrets. 

martini.jpg

Ooooo, that looks delish and that glass looks so swanky! 

I love my martini glasses! Best thrift store find ever. 

Thrift store???? Even better! It's so chic and the color compliments the drink shade very well! You should design a make up look inspired by the colors!

Haha, maybe, as soon as those TF mini lippies come out! Some of those golden/coppery ones would be perfect for that!

Do it!!!!!!!! ^_^

Pumpkin spice everything!  That looks yummy.

1 Reply
testing