cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's on your plate?

Such a cute fuzzy wuzzy. awwwww

Those are enormous! I just want to love them...and then eat them.

And in turn, love eating them! 

Those are HUGE!!! OMG! I love pomegranates!!!! 

Please?????

I wish I could send you each a pomegranate! 

You get a pomegranate....and you get a pomegranate...and YOU get a pomegranate!!!

As long as they don't rain down from the sky....considering those are quite huge and it'd be odd to explain a huge lump on my head from a delicious raining pomegranate 😛

On second thought, I don't care if they rain from the sky, it's worth the injury risk! Haha!

That brought up injuries of anvils falling on this guy's head

Can you believe there's no gifs of falling anvils?

O_O How does the internet exist with no falling anvil gifs?!?!?!?

How about falling boulders? Does getting crushed by a giant rock count?

Heck yes!!

I miss the gratuitous violence of old cartoons...

Meep, the weather is getting me well....under the weather. I'm trying to fend off a cold for the past few days which means soups (had soba noodles with dumplings and chicken in broth yesterday), green tea with honey, EmergenC, and plenty of water. 

Even brought out my froggy humidifier to use while I sleep.

I had some yellow squash and zucchini that was about to go bad so I sautéed them with garlic, onion, olive oil, veggie sausage and then baked it with some grits. It turned out really good. The light is really bad, but it was very colorful. 🙂

image.jpg

You have the coolest fork ever.

Your response suddenly sparked the inspiration wheel in my head to turn....there's a song on the radio that goes "I wish that I could be like the cool kids" and so on and so on, but change that to "I wish I could eat like the cool kids". Haha!

"I wish that I could eat with the cool kids,
'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to eat squash.
I wish that I could eat with the cool kids, eat with cool kids."

You say the light was bad....I say it "set the mood" for a lovely meal 😄

Haha, I like your brain!

I'd like my stomach more when it's stuffed with yummy food, haha!

I don't know why I found this page when I was hungry and why I keep coming back when I'm starving. xD  So delicious it looks, veg! 

Thanks Whiskey.  I actually googled your Nolana roll!  You had me at avacodo!  🙂

VegChiliLover78, if you're an avocado fan, you'd looooooooove the avocado crema dip my bf makes!

It's one ripe avocado cut into chunks (makes it easier to mash) with a few generous spoonfuls of sour cream, season with salt and pepper (add a little chili pepper for a bit of kick), then mash it all together until creamy (adjust the amount of sour cream to your tastes......best stuff evaaarrrrrrrrrrr. I'm not super big on avocado, but I will clean the bowl if that stuff is around.

That sounds like a weekend treat! Thanks!

1 Reply
testing