cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

You're welcome! I made a huge container of it for a baby shower recently, used three large avocados!

I love your fork! Food looks awesome too! 😄

Thanks! I found these at Target several years ago. I wish I could find something similar because my boyfriend has lost a couple of them. 🙂 Food turned out pretty good, I've been on a grits kick lately.

10501930_394750584008150_6335438282046810724_n.jpg

Nolana Roll from Kumori's. 

carrot, asparagus, mozzarella, avocado, breaded, and spicy sauce

Funny, I thought those globs on top were garlic cloves. LOL

lol! ack, that'd be bad!! lol

I'm gonna order some of this today .// just too delicious. 

*wishes the technology to share things through a computer monitor was available*

Anonymous Insider

That sounds delicious.

If that magically appeared in front of me right this moment I wouldn't be mad.....NOMNOMNOMNOM!

ugh. it was so good, no idea.. I thought i had died and gone to heaven. 

Breakfast:

Monster Cuba Lima

Potato, egg, and cheese breakfast taco

Water

Decaf green tea

Lunch:

Egg drop soup

Salmon and tuna rolls

Vietnamese iced coffee

Water

Decaf green tea

Dinner:

Probably something with salmon....

I'm on enough fluids to power a baby hyena 😛 

I made tomato and goat cheese tarts for dinner, and pecan pie mini cupcakes for dessert. Yum!

DSCN0602.JPG

DSCN0603.JPG

Whoa! That looks amazing! Can you send me the recipe for the tomato and goat cheese tarts?

Yes! It is an Ina Garten recipe. I will PM you

Thank you!

Heck, transfer those recipes over onto this thread! 😄

The recipe is long (but easy), which is why I PMed it to vegachililover78. I didn't think about using the spoiler. included recipe in spoiler below. Also, I noticed the mods bleeped out one of the words in the recipe. It is what sleeping beauty did to her finger (starts with a P-R- and ends in a -K).

Spoiler
This is a recipe from the Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics cookbook. The directions are kind of long but these are really easy to make.

1 package (17.3 oz, 2 sheets) puff pastry defrosted
Good olive oil
4 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
3 large garlic cloves (cut into thin slices)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons dry white wine
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
4 ounces garlic and herb goat cheese
1 large tomato, cut into 4 (~1/4 inch thick) slices
3 tablespoons julienned basil leaves

Unfold a sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll it lightly to an 11 x 11 inch square. Cut two circles (~6 inch in diameter) from the puff pastry Discard scraps. Repeat with second pastry. Place pastry circle on pan and refrigerate until ready to use. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a larget skillet over medium to low heat. Add garlic and onions. Saute for ~15 minutes stirring frequently. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the white wine, and thyme. Continue to cook for another ~10 minutes until the onions are lightly browned. Remove from heat.
Using a knife score a 1/4 inche wide border around each pastry circle. **bleep** the pastry inside the score lines wiht tines of a fork and sprinkle a tablespoon of grated parmesan on each circle, staying inside the scored boarder. Place a quarter of the onion mixture on each circle, staying inside the scored boarder. Crumble 1 ounce of the goat cheese on top of the onions. Place a slice of tomato in the center of each circle. Brush the tomato lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with basil, salt, pepper, and small amount of parmesan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.

Lol! I love your way to describe the word which ended up being bleeped! 😄 

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!!!

Pioneer Woman is now on Netflix! I totally thought of Randee and this thread when I saw it because she shared a recipe from her here.

I'm not going to lie, my dietary habits have been horrible the past couple of days, well....in terms of not cooking at home. I try to still be mindful of what I eat if I'm going out, but I will say that I have no complaints over sushi at the end of last week!

Good eats is also on Netflix now!! One of my other top favorite cooking shows. I ❤️ Alton Brown

Heck yes!!! I've been watching that and Cupcake Wars nonstop 😛

1 Reply
testing