cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Went to the farmers market this morning, and got a little over excited....

My first attempt to make a dent in this pile was lunch today! Sauteed patty pan squash w/ tomatos and basil. Tasted like summer 🙂

basil patty pan.jpg

I'm lovin' all the color!!!! Kudos to kick-butt finds at the farmer's market!

I wish I took a picture before I completely devoured it, but this is what I made for dinner tonight:

-Spicy smothered pork chops in sage gravy

-Egg noodles with browned butter

-Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Tart Apple salad with toasted walnuts, pecorino and honey-mustard dressing

Totally hit the spot today. Yesterday, for lunch, I whipped up:

-Scrambled egg with ham and muenster cheese

-Pan-fried peppers, garlic, and onions with fajita spices

-Toast with apple butter

-A little bit of almond milk to drink

I feel like I'm eating like a bear. But, I mean, I guess I should be! I work out a lot and I'm supposed to eat a little bit more than usual. I'm just thankful I have a growing appetite these days. Food is awesome.

You had me at "smothered"...*drool*

I love egg noodles! If you're eating like a bear, you must be one happy bear! 😄

I made cajun chicken pasta tonight. Simple but good! 🙂

DSCN0570.JPG

That looks delish! Recipe???

In a bowl toss chicken (sliced thinly) with 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning. Then saute chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter until it is cooked. To the pan add 1 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder. Cook to desired thickness, then pour over linguine and top with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

Yummy! Thanks so much for sharing! 😄

This morning it was two potato, egg, and cheese breakfast tacos, for lunch it's left overs.

Last night I cut up chicken, dumped that along with frozen peas and chopped up carrots into a pot of boiling water, added in rotini noodles, let cook up/get tender, then mixed in Velveta and a can of cream of mushroom soup (added half a can of milk), then set into a glass 9x13 dish, sprinkled some breadcrumbs and shredded cheddar, and baked at 350 for 10 minutes....instant thrown-together casserole!

I have some seasoned beef tips with mushrooms and garlic rosemary mashed potatos with some of that for today! 

Anonymous Insider

I bet you could convert this to being an overnight slow cooker recipe easy.

I've put off getting a slow cooker for the longest but now this is even more reason to get one!

Anonymous Insider

Oh goodness, get one so that you can cook your own dry beans. So much cheaper than buying them by the can and you can season them anywhich way!

Good call! Not to mention all the stews and casseroles to make.....drooool!

Anonymous Insider

Let me know when you commit, as I have a lot of recipes scanned in for cooking in one. Can either hook you up on FB or let you know which books they came from.

I have an 80% love with my Hamilton Beach oval 6qt. It is programmable to either an internal temp, a specified length of time in 30 minute blocks at either Hi/lo, and manual hi/lo/warm. The 20% dock is because the unit is a little cheaply made is all. $45 it is hard to complain y'know?

Ooo, the blender I have is from Hamilton Beach, the slow cookers I have glanced at are programmable. I was actually considering on when I was still regularly working out because it would be a pain to try to rush home, cook/work out, then shower and try to eat at a decent time still.

Your casserole recipe sounds delicious and pretty easy to make! How long does it usually take for the pot of chicken and veggies to boil? 

<3, Randee

No long at all, Randee! I actually get the pot of water on the stove first at about an 8 or inbetween the medium to high setting so it comes to a slower boil. At that time, I begin chopping up the chicken, I use two breasts that I butterfly and trim the fat off. I do chunks the sizes of what's in a hearty chicken noodle soup, throw those in, and by that time the water is getting hot. I go to cut the carrots from there (I also preheat the oven at this point), add those at the same time as the frozen peas, then toss in the noodles and let boil. I was lazy and used a box of the wheat rotini noodles and Velveta this time. Once noodles are cooked up, I strain it all, then it's back on the slow on medium/low head, add in the can of soup, Velveta pack, half a can of milk (too lazy to use a measuring cup so I reuse the can from the soup), stir until everything is evenly mixed and coated. By now the oven's preheated, I pour out the mix into the pan, sprinkle bread crumbs (I had Italian seasoned ones) and cheese, pop in the oven just long enough for the crumbs to get a bit baked and the cheese to melt, and TAH-DAH!

Definitely trying this! It sounds delicious! 🙂

<3, Randee

It was my bf who suggested I add the cream of mushroom soap as the Velveta pack from the noodles alone wouldn't have been enough. I did add in some salt, pepper, onion powder, and spices to the mix, nothing fancy, so it's definitely capable of being seasoned up to your liking!

Anonymous Insider

Bean cakes made with applesauce and topped with guacamole!

Beancake.JPG

Ooooooo, did you make the bean cakes, applesauce, and guacamole? If so, share share share the recipes! 😄

3 Replies
testing