cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Menu perfection!

My refrigerator is almost exclusively filled with thick cut applewood smoked bacon hahaha.

I get the two-pack at Costco! ^_^

That's my husband's dream refrigerator!

@Jozkid- HAHA. 

kevin — that, and bacon-horseradish dip. There's a theme in our household.

That sounds delicious!! I've never tried that but I will have to. 

In all its glory...Bacon-Horseradish-12oz-front.png

I've heard the commercials for that on the radio all the time, good to know it lives up to its name!

Seriously, this stuff is pretty awesome. 😉

I need that! It even has a cute name!

<3, Randee

My weakness is 7-Layer Dip with all the fixings - cheese, beans, guacomole, salsa and sour cream! Yummy! I have no will power with that stuff! 

<3, Randee

It was carnitas night #2 yesterday for my bf and I, he made avocado crema which I just love (I've made it and in my eyes it doesn't taste as good compared to when he makes it). He mashes up an avocado, adds in sour cream, salt, pepper, chili powder....DONE! Had that with some multi-grain chips..nom nom!

That sounds delicious, lylysa! 

<3, Randee

It is and super simple to make too!

For some reason I've never been super keen on guacamole, but I love avocado combined with sour cream!

Anonymous Insider

Wholly Wholesome Guacamole + F A G E 0%/2% greek yogurt and black/pinto bean chips. Omigherd. EDIT: It is a brand name not a slur. Jeez.

LOL, oooo black/pinto bean chips....that sounds yummy!

WHERE DOEZ I BUYZ?!?!?!

Anonymous Insider

I've seen them in Whole Foods AND Target. There is a white bean version but it was weak in comparison to the pinto and black bean ones. Google up Beanitos!

I LOVE guacomole!

Bacon-horseradish dip sounds amazing! 

<3, Randee

I made the Pioneer Woman's Loaded Nachos the other night for dinner & they were super yummy.  The only thing I added was some amazing corn salsa that they had at my local grocery store. I normally make my own, but I didn't feel like all the chopping so I bought it pre-made with the pico. I did spice it up a little though!

image.jpg

3 Replies
testing