cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's on your plate?

Any store with an olive bar gets my love. I wish I could claim that I'm part Mediterranean... but I just have an irrational love affair with the things.

Me too! Heart When I go to a store like Whole Foods and approach the olive bar, my mouth seriously begins watering. They are my favorite food!

<3, Randee

I'm glad this post has popped up again! I love looking at everybody's delicious food! Today for lunch I had some currywurst, no pics though, I have a personal "no food photography in public" policy haha.

Here is my dinner from last night though, Chana Masala, basmati rice, and some salad for good measure:

IMG_3192.jpeg

Basmati rice!!! Love love love it!

Basmati is my favorite! I'm never without a bag in my pantry. 

There's an Iranian restaurant by my work that has basmati rice along with fresh baked naan bread that pairs so well with hummus....I'm drooling, pardon me.

Last night my boyfriend made turkey meatballs which he cooked first in a pan but then added to stewed tomatoes to finish cooking and to absorb more flavor with pasta....needless to say as soon as I ate my bowl I curled right up on his lap and napped....I also snored because the food coma was THAT good!

P.S. I love checking into The Lounge to see new thumbnails of images in this thread, makes me more excited to click in and see the images at full scale!

That sounds delicious, lylysa! Have you heard of Pioneer Woman? I recently made her recipe for mini meatball slider sandwiches and it was so delicious! The meatballs were good enough that I think they would be good on their own or over pasta! I love all her recipes. 😉 

<3, Randee

No, I haven't heard of Pioneer Woman, but I sure as heck am Googling it now!!!

Those look amazing!!!! Ahhh, I should get some Hawaiian King rolls and make them.

Thanks for sharing the site, Randee! I JUST had lunch and somehow I'm starving again!

The recipe for lemon basil shrimp risotto is calling to me. O_O

My grocery store ended up not having Hawaiian King Rolls when I was making the recipe for them so I ended up with really good Ciabatta rolls instead. They were just as delicious! I'm glad I could share with you! She started her blog first but now she has a show on the Food Network. Her family is always on the show and they are really cute and she seems like a really nice person. 🙂 

<3, Randee

Ciabatta rolls are still super yummy! I'm just a carb-fanatic!

My mom used to get this raisin loaf from the Asian markets that had four huge pieces to it that you could rip a honking piece out of...in one sitting I'd eat three....then I'd feel bad for the remaining and go back to eat it shortly after! 😄

That's awesome that she wound up with her own show! Now we need smell-o-vision!

That raisin loaf sounds amazing too! Now I'm randomly craving a Vietnamese sandwich! Another one of my favorites that includes another favorite...Sriracha! 

<3, Randee

The loaf was sooo soft, gah, I need to hit up an Asian market now!

Oooo bahn mi sandwiches!!!! My cousin works at a bubble tea place now that makes those!

Tonight's meal was deeeeeeeeeeelish, tho it might make health nuts recoil in horror.

Go ahead, recoil all you want. This was amazeballz!

ghettogourmet.jpgHamburger Helper "Ultimate Cheeseburger Macaroni" with peas, corn, mushrooms, French's fried onions, black pepper, and Sriracha. #ghettogourmet #youknowyouwantit

Gimme gimme gimme gimme!!!!

*drooooool*

That looks SO good! I make a bacon cheeseburger casserole that's practically lie a heartier Hamburger Helper but I've never done a flat out cheese version to add fried onions, corn, or peas, but that's a stellar idea that I'll have to try next time I get more Velveeta! I love corn and mushroom! I'm picky with peas and prefer them "in" something like a casserole or like chicken noodle soup....can't eat them when they're solo as a side dish. Haha!

That looks absolutely delicious! Heart 

<3, Randee
Anonymous Insider

It needs cheese cracker topping! Because that might be a thing in our ultimate mac n cheese.

tbh I wish there was a place to buy the crispy jalepenos that White Castle and now McD's are using on their burgers. They're just like the French's fried onions, EXCEPT JALENPENOS!!!! *drool* I would put them on everything. 

That sounds amazing! I haven't been to White Castle in years because the closest one is in St. Louis..about 2,000 miles away..but I love jalapenos so I know I would enjoy crispy jalapenos too! 

<3, Randee

Cheese cracker topping AND fried onions...GARNISH WITH ALL THE THINGS! 😛

Anonymous Insider

fried caramelized onions! "^'o'^"

20 Replies
testing