cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Re: What's on your plate?

Me too, TheSocialQuota! I love treating myself to a big container of the olives from the Whole Foods Olive Bar. Yum! 🙂 

<3, Randee

No, I'm no olive fan, but my bf is so he takes care of them for me 😛

I ended up pairing brown rice and red quinoa with the stir-fry.

This is what I had last night: Fettuccine noodles, asparagus, and a little sausage, all mixed with olive oil and italian seasoning. It's simple but yummy!DSCN0544.JPG

I love asparagus!!! How did you cook those up?

I steamed them! Asparagus is me and my man's favorite veggie so I try to put them in a lot of stuff just so he gets more greens! 🙂

That's so sweet of you! My bf and I take turns cooking and like to incorporate faves into meals too! That way both parties are happy and so are our bellies!

Anonymous Insider

OMG steamed asparagus. little bit of salt. *sigh*

I knoooow! I had a recipe for asparagus in the oven topped with sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and right before it's done you throw on some mozzarella with crushed pistachios so they crisp up and melt together a bit...soooooo good.  

I am definitely trying this. Thanks!

Happy to share!

That sounds like an amazing recipe! I need to try it! 

<3, Randee

It's super simple!

Oven to 425, throw some clean spears of asparagus onto the pan, lightly toss some olive oil and distribute. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste/preference, stick in oven, bake for 12-15 mins, about 5 or so minutes before open it up, toss on the cheese and crushed pistachios, close back up to finish baking.

I love the variety in textures for it! 

Sounds delicious! I'll let you know after I try it! 

<3, Randee

For breakfast, I am having some strawberries and some dates. I got the strawberries from the Farmer's Market yesterday and they are so delicious! They are really ripe though so I have to finish them today. Not a problem for me ;). I am not a huge meat eater in the mornings so I am also eating a morningstar patty for a little protein! 

For lunch, I'm going to have an apple, a salad with feta cheese and cranberry Vinaigrette and some noodle soup!

Not sure what I am having for dinner yet, but I want to make something that incorporates some fresh zucchini, romaine lettuce and pesto sauce I got at the farmer's market...so probably sauteed veggies with a bit of pasta and a salad with the lettuce I bought at the market! Oh and also, I'm going to work on eating the amazing watermelon I bought! I had a little too much fun at the market yesterday 😛

<3, Randee
Anonymous Insider

Mouth. Watering.

Looks like you struck farmer's market gold! 

I did! I wanted to buy more but I held back 😛

<3, Randee

LOL! 

Must resist...buying....more...fruits....and..veggies..and...eyeliner...and blush!

^^^ Story of a Sephora and farmer's market addict. 

No truer words have been spoken! 😉

<3, Randee

Per the request of lylysa, I will start doing mine too! 🙂 I, too, drink at least one cup of green tea a day (my cabinet is full of all kinds lol and I'm actually having one right now!) and I try to drink a lot of water. 

Today for lunch, I had: 

-Tuna Poke over brown rice 

-Half of an avocado 

-Couple strips of daikon 

-Couple strips of cucumber 

And I will be heading to the gym after work to do some heavy lifting! Lol 

This is such a cute idea! It's like a food journal with the convenience of having it on Beauty Talk. lol 

Thanks lylysa! 

Cheers! 

Kevin 

Whoohoo!!! Yay for joining in, Kevin!

I haven't made rice in a while, I need to get back on that since it sounds lovely with your meal!

1 Reply
testing