cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What's on your plate?

Hello there, ladies and gents!

Keeping in line with all the fun and interactive threads asking about your most recent halls, items you have your eyes on, what you're currently wearing, what's your hair routine, and more, I've decide to branch out and ask:

"What's on your plate?"

The beauty world doesn't just stop at skin care and cosmetics, it also goes hand in hand with your overall health and well-being, so with that, I'm curious to see what we're all chowing down and snacking on be it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or inbetween!

For those with apps that help count calories or to those who just want to keep a log, here's a place to share, possibly find and share some recipes, and even tips on maintaining a balanced diet.

Don't just share food items, but even drinks! I'm a huge fan of tea and at least have a cup of green tea a day (anti-oxidants) and drink plenty of water.

For lunch today, I had:

-Brown rice

-Steamed egg

-Steamed red snapper with green onion, sesame oil, and black pepper

-Gai lan (it's a type of Chinese vegetable/greens)

Now, tell me, Beauty Talk world, what do you have? 😄

Anonymous Insider

Re: What's on your plate?

Mouth. Watering.

Looks like you struck farmer's market gold! 

I did! I wanted to buy more but I held back 😛

<3, Randee

LOL! 

Must resist...buying....more...fruits....and..veggies..and...eyeliner...and blush!

^^^ Story of a Sephora and farmer's market addict. 

No truer words have been spoken! 😉

<3, Randee

Per the request of lylysa, I will start doing mine too! 🙂 I, too, drink at least one cup of green tea a day (my cabinet is full of all kinds lol and I'm actually having one right now!) and I try to drink a lot of water. 

Today for lunch, I had: 

-Tuna Poke over brown rice 

-Half of an avocado 

-Couple strips of daikon 

-Couple strips of cucumber 

And I will be heading to the gym after work to do some heavy lifting! Lol 

This is such a cute idea! It's like a food journal with the convenience of having it on Beauty Talk. lol 

Thanks lylysa! 

Cheers! 

Kevin 

Whoohoo!!! Yay for joining in, Kevin!

I haven't made rice in a while, I need to get back on that since it sounds lovely with your meal!

Your lunch sounds amazing, Kevin! If I could eat avocados every single day, I would be a happy girl! 😄 

<3, Randee

My cousin is like that too, Randee! She's an avocado lover and just sits there on her computer scooping out avocado from its half like it's ice cream in a bowl. Haha!

That's amazing! She sounds like my kind of girl! 

<3, Randee

I made this last night and I was pretty proud of myself.

Chicken breast stuffed with broccoli and 4 cheese blend (asiago, parmesan, romano and American) breaded in panko crumbs with adobo, garlic powder, chopped onion, and oregano. Also, scalloped taters from a box, & peas. 

chickbrocc.jpg

Tops of the chickenz got a tad burnt but didn't taste burnt at all (looks worse than it is haha)

Oh my goodness. lol This looks so good. 🙂 

Thanks! And it was! 😄

That looks so delicious, M3ma1d! Yummy! 😄

<3, Randee

Randee, I think you and the rest of the Mods need to chime in with food posts! Let us know what yall are snacking on while responding to us here on BT, lol!

Hehe. Done and done! 

<3, Randee

I will definitely do it! 🙂 

That looks so yummy and not burnt at all.

I love crispy Panko bits. 

And this was your first attempt?

Great job!

Yep! The cheese is yummy on it's own, but I had this feeling it'd be better melted into something... So I thought I'd attempt stuffing it into chicken breast.. Then I thought "Oh, I could add broccoli too!" I'm glad it wasn't a disaster! 😄

Oooooo, I've had stuffed chicken before but never with broc and cheese! That looks delicious!!!!! Did you use fresh or frozen broccoli? 

Frozen, but I put it into a bowl of warm water for a sec just so I could slice it vertically to fit more. 😄

The cheese is Land O Lakes and I got it at the deli the other day when my fave lady who works behind the counter recommended it and handed me a slice. (Gawd I love NJ grocery delis, we don't get treated like this at home in Maine haha)

13 Replies
testing