beckpoppins

What's everyone going as for halloween?

It's that time of year and I assume that as make up junkies are excited for that one day a year when there are no limits to what you can wear.

I am working on late 18th century russian countess costume (countess yekaterina von engelhardt, where my history nerds at?).

What are you going as?

how far are you on your outfit?

do you need help deciding? let us help you!

pandapple6

Re: What's everyone going as for halloween?

(0) Hearts

LADY GAGA!!!! but without the mask because it it uncomfortable, if anyone has any ideas for black and grey smokey sparkely crazy dramatic eye look I am open to it :smileyhappy:

maltipoo66

I've been wanting to use my black smokey eye lately and I think Halloween would be a good opportunity!  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a black cat (with the ears and tail) with a classic black smokey eye, and black whiskers (eyeliner).  I'll definitely post a picture of my look on here once I have it all figured out!

anaa

Let me know if you need inspiration; I have a gorgeous black cat with gold eyes....she's awesome!

officegal

I'm trying to convince my brother to be the robot from LMFAO Party Rock Anthem video. Then the rest of my siblings and our friends will dress up like random people from the video and we'll just go shuffling around town. :smileyvery-happy:

tiffanybt

Thanks for asking beckpoppins!

You're costume sounds awesome. :smileyhappy: For a short period in high school I was also obsessed with being a countess for all my Halloween costumes. Which look are you going to do? 

I was inspired by the Paperself Under The Sea Eyelashes for my Halloween costume and I'm going to be an underwater sea goddess.  I didn't want to say mermaid because I'm not going to have a tail. Hard to Imagine, but I think it's going to come together nicely. I'm going to do teal, green and copper on my lids, bronze my body and put specks of the Illasmasqua Pure Pigment in Beguile on my cheeks.  That's what I have so far.

paperself.jpg

illamasqua.jpg

beckpoppins

[ Edited ]

@tiffanybt 

I am making a long white muslin chemise a la reine with blue trim, going my hair up in big banana curls and even adding a big puffy hair peice. I am even going with period correct shape wear with short stays and a bumroll! My make up so far if very pale white powder with soft pink lips, blush.  I will also be dripping in (faux) rubies.

I did a practive make up and just for fun I stuck a bumpit in my hair and powdered it. I was also trying on the short stays (little baby corset), va va voom!

mariesmall.JPG

I love the idea! May I suggest (and I know this sounds nuts) but scaling the bronze? taking something like a fishnet stocking and slipping it over your head then brushing on bronzer pretty heavy (or even that pretty teal powder) can leave you with neat little diamond scales!

I also can't wait to see what you do with your hair! I hope you get creative with beachy waves and maybe some seaweed-esque ribbons or even little pretty fishing lures stuck up in your hair.

blondeglam

I've been reading up on the Paperself eyelashes. They look hard to use. Have you tried them yet?

Sorry, I'm going to be a CanCan Girl. My daughter wants to be Cleopatra, so her makeup will be fun to do. I of course, am going for metallics and glitter. I have my Mardi Gras eye lashes ready and waiting.

beckpoppins

@ blondeglam

I tried them! They are very long so if your eyes are on the small side I would say go with the minis and they are easily squished so you might want a gentle friend to help.

what kind of cancan, french cabaret or western miss kitty type?

pocketvenus

Great Q - can't wait to read more replies!

I'm not going as anything per se. Been toying w/two options:

The first option is painting a graphic band of a warm black tone right across my eyes (over the nose bridge and out to the hairline). I'm not sure how I'm going to go about it yet. Definitely plan to use smashbox's gel liner on the top and bottom waterline, but don't think I'll do the whole band that way. There's probably not enough gel in that little pot anyways! Also, I'd like for there to be some texture and shimmer to the band, not a flat, matte black. I think I'll be layering tons and tons of dark cream shadow and eyeliner pencil and making the edges sharp with a black eyeliner pen. Everything else will be paled out with foundation. Maybe I might balance the band out with very pale but glossy lips.

The other option I was thinking of was making my face quite pale, adding in super dark eyes but a very large round shape, black glossed up lips and using my eyeliner pen to draw in a facial tattoo inspired by those I've seen on Inuit people. They're not thick, dense and heavy as the facial tattoos you see from the Pacific Islands. Just thin lines or small dots on the forehead, cheeks and chin. So the face from afar I hope will look vaguely disturbing - like three giant dots (eyes and mouth) surrounded by these razor thin lines following the contours of the face.

As for outfit, if I choose the black band look, it'll be black and gold, with gold brocade corset cinched up as far as I can take it without passing out, black skirt, lady like leather gloves, gold or black heels and a giant super warm mink stole. And big hair! If it's the facial tattoo look, it will be all black and silver, leather dress, leather boots, fingerless leather gloves, thick silver chains. Hair slicked back and stick straight.

Aaaaaand this is why Hallowe'en is so much better for makeup/fashion than Christmas <3

beckpoppins

@ pocketvenus

Very graphic! have you thought about using masking tape to get clean lines? I've used that before with great results. I would also suggest that if you want to play with texture that lace, feathers, and even tiny bits of black paper can all be added with spirit gum or even some tough eyelash glue. Also to save money it sounds like time to invest in eaither drug store eyeliner gel to fill in the black OR black pigment mixed with some face primer/foudation.

I would also suggest mixing in a tad of yellow to the pale fondation just to help the contrast pop.

pocketvenus

beckpoppins wrote:

@ pocketvenus

Very graphic! have you thought about using masking tape to get clean lines? I've used that before with great results. I would also suggest that if you want to play with texture that lace, feathers, and even tiny bits of black paper can all be added with spirit gum or even some tough eyelash glue. Also to save money it sounds like time to invest in eaither drug store eyeliner gel to fill in the black OR black pigment mixed with some face primer/foudation.

I would also suggest mixing in a tad of yellow to the pale fondation just to help the contrast pop.

Those are great suggestions beckpoppins! I was also thinking of lace for a more masklike effect and tape is perfect for getting a clean, graphic line. Looks like I'll be heading to the drugstore soon... Thank you <3

ran8

On candy passing out duty this year so the dog is wearing a costume instead.  I'm trying to save up for decor and some lighting for the upcoming holiday season.  Although I could use a few more strings of Halloween ones. 

I could be silly with makeup and say my costume is a YouTube guru.  :smileytongue:  If I decide on something, it has to come from what I have. 

@beckpoppins:  I love that artist.  New Orleans has a huge painting done by her in the museum of art.  Overall a great art museum to visit.

kimmi1115

If my boyfriend's cousin is having a Halloween party this year, we've thought about going as Vampires (no, not Bella and Edward lol).  If there's no party, I probably won't be dressing up :smileysad:   Unless my high school I went to is throwing a Husky "Howl"oween this year. 

melissabt

Re: What's everyone going as for Halloween?

Hi Beckpoppins,

Great topic I cannot wait till it is Halloween!

I am going to be a dark angel:smileyhappy: I think I am going to have a lot of fun with the make up. I plan to do a dark black smoky and apply silver glitter on top. I want to use the Too Faced Starry-Eyed Liquid Eyeliner in Ooh and Aah all over my eye lid! I also plan to wear the Sephora Collection False Lashes in Showstopper (very full, dramatic black). I am excited to see what everyone else is going to be.

Starry-Eyed Liquid Eyeliner

Ooh & Aah

<3 Melissa
beckpoppins

Re: What's everyone going as for Halloween?

sounds too cute! you gotta throw so cool falsh lashes in there!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 60 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • beckpoppins
    • officegal
    • maltipoo66
    • anaa
    • pocketvenus
    • tiffanybt