Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

What makeup do you keep in your purse/at your desk?

So I'm starting my first real job after college (finally!) and I'm wondering just what other have. I keep the typical stuff right now, lipgloss, powder, black eyeliner. I wondering what other ladies keep with them or leave in a desk drawer just incase. I'm going back to sex and the city had worrying that i need to touch up my blush when a guy asks me for drinks after work lol

Re: What makeup do you keep in your purse/at your desk?

My go to stuff I keep on hand or shall I say in purse  👛  ABH Rosewood Matte Lipstick the black tube b4 they changed the packaging and did they change formulation ? Or I keep a tube of  Rare Beauty Matte Souffle in Ambition or Confidence.. but also good to keep a scent you love in roller form for me for awhile it's was Prada Candy ..  @mafalvey

Lol I always keep at least two lipsticks in my bag to add color to my face when I’m out!! That, plus blotting papers, Kleenex, lip balm, hand sanitizer, hand lotion/cream, wet wipes, q-tips in a tiny portable tube, a glowy powder I got just for touch ups and one or two travel size perfumes. You never know if you’re going out after, so I definitely stocked my office desk/purse properly! I use my lipsticks as a stain or a sheer color on my cheeks because I tend to look tired at the end of a day. Now that I’m thinking about it, adding a glowy cushion foundation would be really great!! 

Here goes (in no particular order)!

Work:

Powder foundation (for touch-ups)

black eyeliner

mascara

Watt's up highlighter

UD Zephyr 

UD Grindhouse

3 assorted lipsticks/stains

regular lip balm

mini & a normal sized nail file

nail clipper

eyelash comb

UD setting spray

MAC Fix +

hand lotion

Caudalie Eau de Beaute

mini tweezers

blotting papers

Sephora universal lip liner

Sephora lip gel remover

deodorant 

B&BW hand sanitizer & mini candle (for beautifying my spirit) 

Wow there's way more stuff in my work desk than I thought!

Purse: 

Tarte Lights, Camera Lashes

that day's lipstick

Body Shop lip exfoliater 

Cake batter chapstick (because it smells like CAKE BATTER)

I usually have more but I'm using my mini purse so my makeup bag is AWOL.  

Wow! I usually have about 20+ lipsticks/balms/glosses in my purse (a few core colors plus a bunch that I've forgotten to take out) plus hand lotion, hairbrush, lint roller, compact, nail file, bandaids, kleenex, and a little baggie of q-tips. On a good day I might also have blush, pressed powder and some eyeliner. That's about it. I used to keep a concealer in my purse but it was a terrible match so I pitched it at one point. For some reason I never have hair ties, they always disappear into the ether.

In my car I have a little emergency kit with Shout wipes, makeup remover wipes, and goodness knows what else. I patched it together from a couple bridal emergency kits that I was given. Haven't had to use it yet so I've forgotten what I put in there.

At my desk I have a couple lotions, a bunch of lip balms, cuticle oil, and hand sanitizer.

Oh I know what to do for the hair ties! I always packed a few on my least used lipstick/travel perfume tube. Also bobby pins are great too. Great minds think alike!! 😊😊

Holy crap - some of you ladies are prepared for anything! 

I tend to only bring the day's lip color with me (as well as the others I've forgotten to take out). I also have at least one lip balm, a perfume rollerball, hand lotion, band aids, a band aid friction block, hair ties and... that's about it. 

I've been contemplating buying the new Meteorites compact, which I would keep in my purse as well. 

Anonymous Insider

We keep almost the same items around 🙂 I have a MLBB lipstick at all times with me and the lip color I am wearing that day. There is a lip balm I keep on my office desk as well as a compact mirror. Also several hair ties, bobby pins, hair brush and a hand lotion in my drawers.

I will also bring band aids with me, especially if I am wearing uncomfortable shoes for the day. My feet get bruised so easily 😞

Anonymous Insider

I keep an Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer in mine, along with a mini mascara, Custom Color 3 Pressed Translucent Finishing Powder, one dark lipstick and one light (usually from the Tom Ford or Nars Audacious lines right now), and By Terry's Baume De Rose lip balms in classic and Berry Bloom. If I'm going to work more than 10 hours with no break, I add in Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Nectar to wake my skin up.

Anonymous Insider

I keep a makeup bag in my purse with my foundation (I am currently using a stick foundation from Maybelline), travel sized perfume, and now that I have them and they are perfectly sized, I carry my new Bobbi Brown blush palette and a brush, and the Hot Nudes palette. I also carry a couple of backup lipsticks in a little pocket in my purse in case I misplace one or have a change of heart about what shade to wear. That comes in particularly handy when I have a new lipstick I'm wearing out of the house for the first time and it ends up looking different than I expected in different lighting. 

In the makeup bag in my purse is:

- Concealer

- Powder

- Lipstick

- Chapstick

- Mascara

- Solid perfume

- Eye makeup remover swabs

- Hair ties

- Bobby pins

- Handcream

- Nail file

In my car:

- Colgate Wisp toothbrush

- Tide Stain Remover pen

- Lint remover sheets

- Tylenol

Anonymous Insider

You are so well organized! 🙂

I keep a makeup bag (Lancôme gwp) with the following items in my desk:

• Brush or comb
  • Small folding mirror
  • Tissues
  • Blotting facial tissues
  • Lip balm
  • Hair item (bobby pin/ponytail holder depending on length of hair)
  • Tampons or maxi pads
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Hand cream
  • Nail file
  • Breath spray
  • Dental floss picks
  • Safety pins
  • Bandages
  • Advil and Midol in small pill case
  • Shout stain remover wipes
  • Shoe shine sponge (from Payless)
  • Mini (travel) lint brush
  • Mini umbrella

If you haven't noticed, I like to be prepared and everything (except for the umbrella) fits in the bag. I also like to keep some green tea bags in case I get cravings during the day.

Anonymous Insider

Wow! You're prepared for any eventuality! 🙂

if only i had thought to grab some of these things while i was at target earlier! next time lol

Hi maflavey,

I keep a lot of different things at my desk. I always like to have all of the essentials at my desk for a basic, full-face of makeup just in case I'm running late or have last minute plans. Here are my suggestions:

- Basic blush brush and basic liquid foundation brush

- Liquid Foundation/BB Cream or Powder Foundation (the formula you choose is personal preference but it's good to at least have one on hand)

- Undereye concealer

- Mascara and Eyelash Curler

- Blush

- Bronzer

- Basic eyeshadow palette - I have a really basic one from clinique that has 4 colors. It has little eyeshadow applicators with it that I just use when I don't have anything else. 

- Brow pencil 

- Translucent powder

- Blotting papers

Other random stuff that it's good to have on hand:

- Floss

- Gum

- Body spray/perfume of some sort

- Brush or comb and ponytail holders!

- Hand Cream

- Hand sanitizers

- Snacks! I always have some fruit and some granola bars at my desk 

<3, Randee