What is your favorite beauty thing to collect?

rawrxjasmine

What is your favorite beauty thing to collect?

Whether it is a certain brand, a specific kind of makeup, maybe even random beauty knick knacks. What is your favorite thing to collect?

Right now, I'm not even sure why, I'm obsessed with buying Dry Shampoo! Almost every time I see a can in a store I must buy it. I just want to try everything!

emmaclaire

Re: What is your favorite beauty thing to collect?

Red lipstick!  I have a serious red lip color addiction and it is kind of weird.  I honestly never wear lip color unless it's bright bold RED!  Although I recently fell in love with the gorgeous fuschia lipstick by Bite Beauty that I bought for my sister (I really really considered keeping it... LOL) which is exciting for me.  Broadening my beauty horizons!

rawrxjasmine

(0) Hearts

I love red lipstick too! I just got into wearing it though, so I only have a couple. What is your favorite?

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Ahh it's a lifestyle hahaha!  Hmm hard to pin down my favorite, although Dior makes a GREAT red lipstick, so probably Dior!  I also really like Urban Decay's Super Saturated lip crayon thing, it's so darn convenient!

I am seriously LUSTING after the Givenchy lipsticks, the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains, Guerlain, and new NARS Satin Lip Pencils though.  Argh!

rawrxjasmine

(0) Hearts

The chubby lip stains and lip stick pencils are what got me into wearing red lipstick! I think I might have to try the Urban Decay Super Saturated lip crayon and the Nars Satin Lip Pencils.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

You definitely should, if you like lip crayons/jumbo lip pencils those two are to die for!  The NARS is (obviously) a satin finish and very hydrating and longwearing, the Urban Decay one is very glossy, bright, and feels like nothing at all on the lip.  Both are just fabulous, and won't make your wallet weep haha

rawrxjasmine

(0) Hearts

I do love the chubby lip pencils! I already added some of these to my shopping list. Thanks! ( :

kenny

Since I have a rather large collection right now, I try to spend only for my staples (foundation etc) and on products that are unique in some way. I have lots of eyeshadows due to many palettes, and lots of coral and pink lipsticks and glosses. So now I spend only on shades I don't have or beautiful limited edition type products.

AmyC

[ Edited ]

Good topic! For me, this is the Kat Von D line.I have paid high prices for her limited edition items that are no longer available on Ebay. I paid $300 for her Angeleno train case, $96 for her Gypsy palette, and I just obtained the Mi Vida Loca palette for $60. I also bought serveral other LE palettes on Ebay for reasonable prices. For me, her items are just so beautiful and the quality is there as well. Her eyeshadows are just so pigmented and her palettes last SUCH a long time I can justify the cost. Her Angeleno train case is just so exquisite I had been looking for it for years and I couldn't pass up the chance.  I have almost all her LE palettes, except for a few I do not care for.

I suppose the item I collect most are eyeshadows. I do not need anymore palettes! Many KVD ones as well as three Urban Decay ones.

rawrxjasmine

[ Edited ]

Very cool! Every time I go into Sephora I look at the Kat Von D line. I haven't bought anything from it yet though. I'm sure I will in the future. I would definitely like to try the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation!

AmyC

(0) Hearts

I found her foundation a bit too heavy for me. Right now, loving UD's Naked Skin but I do need to finish my Bare Minerals...have so much left!

rawrxjasmine

(0) Hearts

I think I just need a new foundation! I used to only wear foundation on special occasions, now I'm getting into to wearing it more often. The two that I have are Revlon, and I tend to break out after wearing them for too long. I'm not sure if my skin is not used to wearing foundation, or if it's just because the formulas of the brand. Once I go through these two I'm going to start trying out some brands at Sephora to see if this helps with the break outs. My sister just bought one of the Bare Mineral kits, but it was too light for her so she gave it to me! Of course it's a little too dark on me though. I'm not sure if I'm a big Bare Minerals fan.

AmyC

(0) Hearts

You definitely need to get shade matched with any foundation and can't exactly just use one that isn't the right shade for someone else. Go to a Sephora, get shade matched, personal reccomendations for your skin type and take some samples home. See which works best for you.

rawrxjasmine

(0) Hearts

The two that I have are the perfect shades for me. My sister just bought it online to try it and didn't like it.

emmaclaire

Try Bobbi Brown!  I've been recommending Bobbi Brown foundations all over this board because the brand really offers a great selection for particularly pale beauties such as yourself (and meeee haha). They're also nice and light on the skin but can be built up to provide more coverage and have such a beautiful finish.  

rawrxjasmine

(0) Hearts

Oooh, they do have some really light shades. That will be one of the first brands I try then! Thanks!

Fabz

(0) Hearts

I've been interested in trying this foundation but I've heard it's not so good for dry skin. What are your thoughts?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 57 replies
  • 68 hearts
  • 32 in conversation
    • AmyC
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • rtista