What is your current profession in life?

Spyski

What is your current profession in life?

Whether you're in school, an aspiring makeup artist, an edgy hairstylist, a stay-at-home-super mom, the 9-5 desk junky, runnning around in your scrubs, or ya just don't know yet...what is your current occupation in life? *If you list school, please share what degree you're working toward* Everybody feel free to list pointers and opinions. This isn't a thread about who is better, what is better, and how it is better. This is about what differences we are making in life :smileyhappy:

ContentlyKayKay

Re: What is your current profession in life?

(0) Hearts

What type of novel?

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

Interesting, investigating anything forensically to find the cause and effect is one of my passions too!   Although, my forte is doing this with computers >.>

Spyski

(0) Hearts

It really is interesting what everybody does!

A novel?! Wow, what's it going to be about?

You should follow your passion, but I know it's easier said than done :smileywink:

katt213

I work full time at an engineering firm, I do dispatch, data entry, receptionist, basic clerical work.  

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Neat! What sort of engineering?

janinebt

I obtained BA degrees in both journalism and creative writing. I've been freelance writing on and off for a wide range of different websites for years.

When I first graduated I was able to land a job with a tech PR firm. I quickly realized that it wasn't for me and migrated back over to editing. My second post-grad job was working as a managing editor for a daily deals website (similar to groupon and living social).

After that I moved on to Sephora! I have a fair amount of makeup application experience from various MUA jobs during college, so that in conjunction with utilizing my writing skills really make this a great match for me.

In the future I hope to continue working behind the scenes in the beauty industry rather it's through social media or marketing.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
bananachoox3

I'm currently a full time student working toward a Bio Major. I'm also a part time Pharmacy Tech. I'm also a makeup junkie by night LOL. Makeup is my side hobby. 

Spyski

[ Edited ]

You sound like my boyfriend besides the makeup part :smileywink:

Are you pursuing professional school for your PharmD?

bananachoox3

LOL

besides the makeup part

Yes I'm planning to go to grad school here to get my PharmD. 

arielaaaaaaaa

What a nice thread! Up until a few months ago I was a Hairstylist! I love what I do, and I'm good at it, unfortunately people see me and I'm so young they give mesuch a hard time, whether its my co workers or clients. I decided to take some time off! Now I baby sit, help my sister out, cause she's pregnant! I'm going to start college in the fall! I'm super excited! I love learning, I'm fascinated by it! My major is gong to be in chemistry!

MoreGun89

I wish I had any talent with hairstyling whatsoever!  You're so lucky :smileyvery-happy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Lol It has it ups and downs. Lately i've gotten really discouraged. I'm looking into doing more esthetician work. 

ContentlyKayKay

How cool!! That's a bummer that your peers treated you that way, but even though this is cliche to say... it seems like they are just jealous. You achieved getting a great job at a young age and were good at it! That's so nice of you to help your sister out :smileyhappy: Good luck with school!!

kimmi1115

Being a hairstylist sounds like it would be such fun!  My fiance's mom is a hairstylist, and she absolutely loves it.  If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I want to make an appointment! lol.

arielaaaaaaaa

Aw Thats sweet. It's so fun, Never the same day. I've done some pretty outrageous color corrections. People always give me a good laugh when they tell me their crazy hair stories.

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

That's awesome.  I've bet you've heard some crazy ones dealing with curly hair.

Spyski

I hear ya on the young part! I feel so weird sometimes being the youngest at my company (I'm 23), the next person is 29. It will get better every day though, because we're aging! *searches Sephora for anti-aging cream now* haha

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

I was a nurse until I was in a car accident & injured my wrist badly. Now I'm a work from home Social Media manager. It's fun, but I don't think I could do it forever. My boyfriend & I recently bought a house, once we're done settling & getting all our furniture... I want to go back to school to become a registered Dietician. Probably work from home & do meal plans & private sessions. I'm done with the Hospital life & drama. 

ContentlyKayKay

(0) Hearts

Glad you're okay!! Congrats on the house!! I recently just bought my first house as well!!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Cool thread! I work in cosmetics and I LOVE it. Just like any job, it has its ups and downs but I love all things beauty and have such a passion for it that pretty much nothing can ruin my day :smileyvery-happy:

I was working on a bachelor of science in nursing degree, and have completed all the undergrad stuff so halfway there, but I've hit a roadblock and have decided to take some time off and focus on earning some money and getting a life because I'm tired of shoving my nose in a book.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Ouch! Atleast you're alive and well.

So it's true? The hospital life. The drama...

Working from home doing meal plans etc. would be awesome though!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 125 replies
  • 353 hearts
  • 57 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • AmyC
    • kalex
    • corrin99
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll