rachelfatihd

What do you love about yourself?

[ Edited ]

Which of your features do you love the most on you? Why? Does it make you feel set apart from everyone? When you think about it, does it make you feel better? Excuse me for turning this into a big deep emotional journey, but I personally have never been one to actually, love myself--until I realized recently how easy it is to break your own heart, and that making yourself love yourself, is one of the most important things you can do just for your life. Think about it! 

For me, it's my hair because I got it from my mom, I love the texture and the color, and the fact that I never dye it or straighten it makes me feel unique and lucky

And also my eyes, because they're my dad's eyes. His are breathtakingly blue, and mine aren't quite as blue as his, but they still remind me of my home and feeling loved.

What makes you feel beautiful? Seriously, do this--it will make you happy. You owe it to yourself!

You are loved

:heart:

sls35

Re: What do you love about yourself?

I really had to think about my answer. Because I have been really down lately, especially about my appearance. But I would have to say I love my lips, butt chin, and hair. I love my lips because they are big and red just like my fathers! haha.. most people commit on how beautiful they are. I love my butt chin because its just a little dimple on my chin and I think it adds an unexpected beauty to my features. Most people view butt chins as a negative. But mine is hardly noticeable and cute. (in my opinion).. And I love my hair because its naturally strawberry blonde and wavy. I have never dyed it and many people commit on the uniqueness of the coloring of my hair! ...Thanks for posting this. It really made me sit back and think about the positive features that I do have. :smileyhappy:

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts
I really had to think about this question. I would have to say that I really love my eyes and hair. My hair is long and just the right texture, and isn't too thin or thick. Plus it layers well, and I can go straight or wavy or curly. My eyes are brown and I have fairly long, adequate eyelashes. I can wear almost any color eyeshadow and mascara is fabulous on me.
maltipoo66

This is such a nice topic!  I think my eyes and my skin are my best features because my eyes are such a deep brown that sometimes they look black, and my skin is almost always clear.  I think I have been a little critical of myself lately, and this is a nice reminder that it's okay to give yourself a compliment every so often. :smileywink:

janinebt

Love this topic rachelfatihd! So often are people self-critical, it's nice to appreciate what we do have rather than what we'd like to improve upon :smileyhappy:.

Like prettyinpa I too really love my smile, but unlike her I spent 2 and a half years in braces in my adult years. It was totally worth the pain and suffering though.

I also really like my eyelashes, I know it's a strange thing to love, but they're naturally curly (my sister has them too). All I need is a few coats of mascara to complete my lash routine. People are always surprised (I've even been accused of lying) when I tell them they naturally curled. I didn't even learn how to use a lash curler until I started doing makeup on others.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
dianabt

(0) Hearts

I have to agree, this is a great self esteem boosting topic :smileyhappy: It would be nice if everything out there was how to work with what you have rather than how to FIX what you DON'T have. 

I have to say that I like my teeth and my eyes. My teeth because I am obsessed with keeping them super white (too much influence in tv stations with reporters) and because they are naturally straight and like prettyinpa, my dentist has always complimented me on them!

I also like my eyes because while everyone around me is struggling to make their eyes wider, larger and bigger.. mine are already HUGE. In fact, I sometimes wear a ton of eyeliner on them just to minimize them a bit more! Silly I know, but I can't figure why people are always so shocked by my eyes because if they are admiring them it sure comes out like a criticism! haha

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

I love my smile!  I have nice even teeth (my dentist is always amazed that I never wore braces and that they have stayed straight even as I am aging). Plus I feel a smile brightens my day, so I grin away happily!

Nice topic, it's always nice to stop and appreciate life's little blessings.

kssweetheart

hi rachelfatihd - your picture shows somebody very young. Your words reveal somebody very, very wise - wise beyond your years. Kudos to you. I agree that it is very easy to break your own heart, and difficult to diagnose. You're an amazing girl. I'll try to come back & share, I just wanted to make sure I sent you this note just in case I lose track of this thread. You should be very proud of yourself. Your outer and inner beauty shine through this fantastic post. I also love your fave things about yourself and especially the reasons why. I think your post has done & will continue to do lots of good. Thank you and Bravo!!!

rachelfatihd

Thank you, that just made my day. YOu're a wonderful person for taking time to make someone feel great, it's something that most people think to inwardly to do. Your selfflessness and kindness is a beautiful trait, the world needs more people like you. Don't change! 

love and blessings,

Rachel

berniebeauty

Yes! I love my hair too! It's naturally highlighted from the sun and also is naturally in ringlets! It does get on my nerve, being so fine though lol.

My absolute faveorite thing about myself though, is my eyes. I love having blue eyes, and how itense or soft I can make them look using make u. I have a ring of gold around my pupil which makes them super cool.

~~We are all beautiful~~

missjr

What a wonderful topic!

Inwardly, I love my ability to make people laugh and to put them at ease.  

Outwardly, I love my hair.  When I was a young girl, I hated that my hair was thick, coarse and at times very difficult to manage. However, as I matured, I came to realize that there were people who actually envied my hair because of those qualities. Imagine that!   Because of my hair's texture, I am often complimented on it.  People have sometimes wondered if I was wearing a wig because it is so thick and full even after it's been relaxed.  This allows me to be versatile and I've had just about every hairstyle imaginable--from Shirley Temple curls as a child, to the Farah Fawcett flip back in the 70's, to the Halle Berry and Toni Braxton pixie cuts in the 90's; to elegant bobs, French rolls and chignons; to the sometimes straight, carefree style I wear now, which is well past my shoulders.  It also  helps that I use very little heat on my hair these days which makes it even more healthy.

The other feature I love is my oily skin, which can be a curse.  However, it's been a blessing because there have been no visible signs of aging at all.  As a result, folks are actually astonished when I tell them my real age and wonder what my secret is.  It's one half good genes and the other half is taking care of myself.  Oh, and I laugh a lot! :smileyvery-happy:

lexikaye

I love topics like this! These make me so happy!

First, I love my eyes. They remind me of my dad. Whenever I think of him, I always think of when he laughs cause his face gets so red and his eyes get so ridiculously blue, they are just gorgeous.

I also really love my legs for some reason lol. They are one of the things that first catches my eye when I look in the mirror (:

LexiKaye<3

sammiebaby

This is such a great topic!  I love that you brought this...

This is such a great topic!  I love that you brought this up.  I remember back in HS everyone was just so critical about themselves talking about how they hate this and that about themselves and then made fun of other people to help their self esteem.  Everyone should always love themselves first before anything and always treat yourself right.

For me, I love my hair and my cheeks. 

My hair looks exactly like the way my mom's used to look when she was my age.  Thick, curly and wavy, and natural highlights.  I had always treated my hair soo bad.  It was frizzy and tangled and dry.  I had gotten a haircut about 1 1/2 months ago and before that was reading tips and trying new things to get my hair to come back to life.  Now my hair feels like silk and is hydrated.  Now I'm comfortable putting it up and leaving it down, and even trying new styles since my hair looks healthy.

As for my cheeks, my mom nor my dad have them.  It more comes from my grandma.  My cheeksbones are high and the apples of my cheeks are nice and chubby.  To me I think they're so cute especially when I smile.

:heart: Everyone is beautiful.

kimmi1115

Nice topic!!  :smileyhappy:   I used to pick at myself a...

Nice topic!!  :smileyhappy:

I used to pick at myself a lot, and I still do, but not as bad as I used to.  I guess it's from where I was picked on in middle school for having naturally curly and thick hair.  However, that all changed in high school when people said they loved my hair and blah, blah, blah.  Of course, I never believed them right off the bat.

Anyway, I guess I would go with my curls.  I mainly get it from my dad's side of the family, especially from my mamaw.  I have a young picture of her, and people say I look just like her.  Since she was my hero, my curls remind me of her.  I had the chance to get that permanent straightening thing done, but I decided against it.  I'd miss my curls lol. 

rachelfatihd

Re: Nice topic!!&nbsp; :smileyhappy: &nbsp; I used to pick at myself a...

haha I love my curly hair, too! Everyone always straightens their's and want me to straighten mine, but I love having curly hair!

nzh9

Adore this topic! Most of us are too critical of flaws in...

Adore this topic! Most of us are too critical of flaws instead of celebrating our best features. For me, it's my big curly hair, cheekbones, and hands/nails - all of which I can give thanks to my grandmother and mother for because they're identical to theirs :smileyhappy:

kimmi1115

Re: Adore this topic! Most of us are too critical of flaws in...

Power to us curly girls! :smileyhappy:
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 69 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sls35
    • maltipoo66
    • kimmi1115
    • dianabt