sephoralovex

What do you do when you are feeling sad?

[ Edited ]

Okay, this is kinda random but I was just wondering. Like what do others do when they have heard bad news, or having a bad day, or just are sad at the moment?

Do you go somewhere? Go for a drive? Want to be alone? Retail therapy?

For me, I gotta say it's defiantly retail therapy. It brings my mood up for a while. And sweets... nothing better than stuffing myself with candy or cookies. Haha. 

redrose04

Re: What do you do when you are feeling sad?

I pray, listen to music, sing, eat, shopping if I have money, watch tv, movie if there's a good one... the best is prayer and it works for me and sometimes you have to cry to get it out of your system and after that your fresh like it doesn't bother you anymore.

that's my survivor kit..

janinebt

Playing with pets seems to be a trend! I love playing with my dogs and cat. Usually when I have a lot on my mind I'll just go for a walk or spend an extra half hour at the gym. Listening to music always helps and so does cooking, especially if I'm making something sweet.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
MoreGun89

I sing, and drink a beer, and people watch.  Actualit most opt this is bringing a book to a not seedy bar and listening on conversations while using a book for a topic if spoken to, I've been known to tag onto random birthday parties and such, celebrations when I can't find friends, I make new ones and have fun with them.  It at least takes my mind off of things :smileyvery-happy:

beautytester

There may or may not have been a lot of ice cream and dessert and manga/anime involved. The bigger the issue is, the more I go through withdraw eventho that's the time when I should not. If it's just a bad day or sad, then retail therapy or dessert and then move on. If it's really bad/traumatic, I brawl to my friends until they give me a push/kick to move on with life and I get back on track one step at a time. I tend to avoid the issue, so I like go somewhere or for a drive "away" from my problems, but ultimately I have to come back and deal with it....but at least I come back with maybe a new dress, some Sephora stuff and some yummy food so I feel slightly more motivated.

dannyc

- Retail therapy all the way! 

- Go for a run (unless it's cold/rainy)

- Play with the dog. 

- A heavy poor of red always helps, just make sure the phone is locked up if you're tempted to call/txt a person who is making you sad & that retail therapy is completely finished. :smileywink:

kalex

Read a book - get lost "being" someone else is my number 1 way of coping.  That usually follows a hot bath and a glass of red wine but... if I need further mental diversion I turn to BT or MUA for cosmetic distraction.  Lipstick (and other makeup) makes me happy on several levels!

kimmi1115

The critters know when I'm sad, and they always perk me up.  Sally will lean against me or sit on my lap, and I'll pet her and cuddle with her.  Doobie and Jasmine can purr away the sadness. Doobie loves to rub his head against mine, and he does that when I'm on the computer or doing school work lol.

Outside, Meat Head and Brutus are goof balls, and just watching them play makes me laugh.  Both of them also give kisses, and Brutus likes to use me as a chair lol.  Nala is as sweet as can be. I love to watch her pitty patty and stretch her toes when she is happy lol.

prettyinpa

I play with my dog or go for a horse ride. The dog just loves to be brushed or play hide and seek his toys, so that always cheers me up, seeing him so happy.

Retail therapy, though short term so gratifying, can lead to major regret later when the credit card bill comes, so I only use that as a treat of last resort.

arielaaaaaaaa

I prefer to be by myself. I get really snippy like @pinklissamel stated. But i love to cuddle with the Neice!!(sisters dog)

And looking at Sephora!! That combination usually does the trick to cheer me up.  

pinklissamel

Usually I like to be by myself when i'm upset, I can get snippy and/or mean and dont wanna take my bad attitude out on poor hubby.  I just watch you tube vids and whatever I have on DVR, hubby knows to just leave me be untill I come to him which I always end up doing. I always feel better after a good nights sleep, so I know whatever mood/funk im in will eventually pass. I used to be into shopping when i was upset but as I got older I realized after I spend my money i was still pissy and shopping didnt help. So now I just keep to myself and let it pass.

bittersweet86

[ Edited ]

I usually listen to music while doing something else. If I just had a bad day and about to just go off on some one I will listen to rock and maybe play a video game were I can kill things haha. If I'm sad I try to listen to music that makes me happy while doing something I love like baking or editing photos. Then if I'm in just a blah mood I'll listen to something fun and dance silly around the house. Music for me fixes a lot of thing :smileyhappy:

Apocalyptica

Depends on when I'm feeling sad I guess. If it's at night (like tonight actually) I try to keep busy, so I don't think too much, by watching a show or movie, browsing the internet, hanging out with my Mom and sister or kitty.

I also try to remind myself about all the things I should be happy and thankful for.

And if that doesnt work, nothing wrong with window shopping/bargain hunting or some chocolate and peanut butter. :smileyhappy: A nice long walk or good work out often does the trick as well.

sephoralovex

Yes, a movie always help also with passing time.

placaminero

I'm like you.. Retail therapy definitely lifts my spirits. Specifically beauty retail therapy. If I'm a little down, just cruising Sephora makes me glow on the inside, even if I don't end up buying anything.

I'm not a big sweets person.. But give me some macarons, French champagne, and a lavish bubble bath and I'll be in the clouds.

And lastly, my cats. Even when I'm at my lowest, their big green eyes can put a smile on my face.

sephoralovex

I defiantly agree with the bubble bath! It's so relaxing and it's the time where my mind is completely blank.. which is good for the time being!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • btmod1
    • kalex
    • katie1724
    • prettyinpa
    • dannyc