prettyinpa

What do you do for exercise?

What's your exercise plan?  Whether it's a heavy weight lifting session with the TV remote (lol) or a grueling 10 mile hike, how do you keep fit?

I run, ride horses (which is actually a good workout if you do it right), strength train with a fitness ball and resistance bands. I also like to kayak and hike around as long as it isn't hot and muggy out like today.

jellybean917

Re: What do you do for exercise?

My fiance and I do yoga on Skype most nights for 30 minutes. I also have free access to a gym as a graduate student, so I started running last year. I'm training for my first 5k now! A little over a year ago, I couldn't even run half a mile.

I love stretching, so I have to do that every single day. And if I don't have time to get to the gym, I love a good booty workout!

If I have the chance, I love hiking outside too. And shopping is such a good workout! :smileyhappy:

dolceloure

[ Edited ]

Currently a lot of my favorite activities are on hiatus since I'm also kind of on a hiatus. (was in grad school; moved back home; shortly moving again for a job) Anyway, for most of my university student life I taught group exercise classes, and so til recently that has been my way of getting my workout -- teaching pilates, yoga, strength training and cardio. I also used to take karate and jiu jitsu, and did rock climbing at my rec center where I taught. As soon as I start my job at the university I need to look into getting back into all of these things, b/c I really miss them!! Also, I want to take up boxing. I used to teach kickboxing, but I want to take it up a notch. :smileytongue:

I'm also a dvd junkie. My favorite instructor is Cathe Friedrich -- she is HARDCORE, and I love her for it. :smileyvery-happy: The days I don't teach, and don't feel like putting thought into my workout, I usually do one of her dvds, lol.

Also love running, though sadly my endurance isn't great, as it kills my joints. And cycling! I was just living in CA, and cycling was my means of transportation and I LOVED it. I had to sell my bikes when I moved though, and I miss 'em. One was hot pink and the other had a Hello Kitty bell. :-/

Ooh! And dancing! My recent obsessions are Zumba and belly dance!

DesertRose0706

I go to a weight lifting class at my gym 3 times a week and spend extra time before or after class in the weight room on machines.  I found that going to a class religously has really helped me keep my focus and dedication and I am getting better results now than i ever hvae before because of it :smileyhappy:

poshified

<--- Cardio queen :smileyhappy:

LCResz

I do yoga, pilates, Envy Girls (free on Amazon Instant Video) for toning, and Jillian Michaels (free on BeFit YouTube channel) for great cardio. I mix all of this up to keep it interesting. Oh, and my hubby and I walk 10K every Sunday (weather permitting) to our favorite spot and back. 

I promised myself I'd stay healthy as long as possible, so far so good!

Titian06

I'm allergic to exercise.  But on my good days, I workout to video tapes on the weekends and my days off because I can workout first thing in the morning.  I just cannot motivate myself to workout when I get home after work.

Spieluhr

I personally love to swim. It does both cardio and strength training in one session... only problem is, where I live (FL) too much sun can be problematic for my insanely fair-sunburn-prone skin. So for those times I don't feel like bathing myself in sunblock and wrapping my hair up - I work out with kettle-bells. They are really awesome!!!

laurabt

I love going on hikes.  Just this weekend, my friends and I hiked through Mt. Tamalpais.  It was nice to be out in the wilderness with fresh air!  I also have the Bar Method workout DVD that I need to start doing more consistently.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

beautylovingirl

@dianabt- I don't think that it was bad to be a gym junkie at least you were doing something good for you in all that extra time.

jennypenny1995

I'm an RN.  Yep, that's self-explanatory, right?

dianabt

I hate to admit it but I'm a former gym junkie. Before I worked at Sephora I was a freelance makeup artist/specialty artist so my main exercise was standing all day and running around the bay area to different counters or paties! Once the economy started dropping it was a whole other story- With the lack of work and hours around I spent my days at the gym about 5 days a week for 2 or more hours. Cardio and weight training were my favorites!

I don't have much time now but am just starting the training for a 5k which I'm doing in exactly a month from today! I'd hate to have to speed walk or even WALK it so I'm pushing myself to just try and do my best.  Other than the gym I used to take dance classes (bellydancing is my specialty!) and now I have a dog to walk- being only 7 pounds he gets tired a little easier but I remember how my bigger dogs would take me on neverending walks for ages! :smileyhappy: When I have a chance I also LOVE to play Just Dance and the MJ Experience- I don't even realize how much I'm burning but it's fun trying to copy the moves.

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
prettyinpa

@diana- My giant long legged dog gives me a workout when I take him for a walk if he's actually interested in going someplace (he mostly just sniffs around). His fast walk is a flat out run for me!

rikkie

I like to play Dance Dance Revolution or In the Groove to pretend I'm playing a game and not doing any exercise, but it works well for me! Just not around my husband because he's too good at it and I feel pathetic! 

Meg82

I love to walk.  Right now I'm doing even more than usual because I'm recovering from surgery and they told me the more I walk the faster I'll heal.  So I'm taking 6 or so 20min walk a day and one 40 minute one.  

When I'm not recovering from surgery I have two different exercises.  Four or five times a week I go walking for about 40min and then once or twice a week I go to the gym and do 30min on the treadmill or bike and then a weight routine prescribed by my physical therapists when i was having back problems.

Revivi

I just restarted Insanity haha. I almost had made it through both months of the program when finals/thesis stuff hit me hard and I had to stop. Now I've got to pick it back up again, hopefully with better results now that Im not stressing out so much.  
Oh Shaun T, how I both love and hate you. 

miabt

Since the weather has been so nice, I've been taking a lot of walks with my girls.  The other day, I went on a 6am hike with my mom at Mission Peak in Fremont.  3 miles up, 3 miles down.  Great way to start our day!

xo, Mia

tashalicious

i do zumba areobics or i walk

janinebt

Recently I've just been gymin' it. Not too fun, but it beats getting into the habit of being inactive again. I find that I have SO much more energy when I'm working out. Not to mention the overall muscle toning benefits.

At the gym I'll use the elliptical, stair master, fitness ball, balance half ball, leg press, and weights. 

When I can't take the gym and/or need a bit more relaxation in my life I'll visit my local yoga studio for an advanced afternoon/evening class.

I'm always down for a good walk rather it's a 5k jog or a hike. I usually will take my dogs along with me to kill two birds with one stone; I get to workout and they get to burn off some of their energy :smileyhappy:.

Sometimes when I'm really busy and only have about 30 minutes to workout I'll just go onto pinterest and do a few of the various fitness routines others have posted. This is a nice option for gals that are pretty busy throughout the day.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sephoralovex

I try to work out at least 4-5 times a week. Usually it's a 20 minute workout. I look for videos on YT and just change it up from time to time. Nothing hardcore or anything that I cant do. I just feel better when I have at least some kind of workout weekly :smileyhappy:

cherrybombtastic

I actually do exercises from Blogilates! I read a fashion blogger mention her, and I love these exercises because they're in video form, and you literally don't have to go anywhere. I just do them at home, and she keeps me disciplined. I just don't do the diet aspect of it, but I love that she looks like someone with curves and muscle, so at least it motivates me to do them 6 days a week each morning to strengthen myself.

clarks18

beautytester I literally laughed out loud at my desk reading the second part of your response!  A girl after my own heart!  That's how I feel whenever I try a dance video.  They aren't really my thing but if I feel brave enough I'll try one. 

I'm getting back into my workout routine today as a matter of fact.  I try to do free weights 5 times a week with at least 20-30 mins of cardio 5 days a week.  Might not happen this week because I will have to build up my stamina once again. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 72 replies
  • 168 hearts
  • 45 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sls35